My 6 Year Journey

Options
13»

Replies

• MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey! You have a done a wonderful job. You story brought me to tears as I thought of my daughter. As of now, she is 10 years old and at 141 pounds. In the last few months she has lost weight. She was at 156 at Christmas. As I looked at your pictures, I pictured my lil' girl gaining and gaining. It's scary and I know I have to work with her. Any insights from your experience would be greatly welcomed. Good luck to you!

That's a tough situation to be in! I know it was awful for my parents trying to monitor my weight. People think you have complete control over your child's intake, but your control is definitely limited to when they're within eyesight! I'm so glad she's doing well! :smile:

My main tip for raising a child who's struggling with their weight is making losing weight/having a healthy lifestyle a family activity. My family did a lot of making special food for me while the rest of them ate pizza, and it made me view my new and improved diet as a punishment. I would circumvent this 'punishment' by eating a lot of leftovers in private.

What would have worked better was if the whole family ate low-calorie meals and treated it as something fun we were doing together. Same goes for exercise!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Super happy for you.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an incredible story of courage and accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself. You look absolutely gorgeous and I hope that you feel like a million bucks! Thank you for sharing your story and inspirational photos! Congratulations :flowerforyou: and best wishes on the rest of your journey!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You should be proud of yourself!
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, Get story and transformation!!
  • Schmiznurf
    Options
    You did really good, you look stunning.
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You were nice when younger but you deserve to be proud of yourself for changing your habits! Stunning story! You are a winner!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! You can clearly achieve anything you set out to do. You'll have great success in life!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You are an absolutely beautiful young woman and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished at such a young age. You look amazing! :drinker:
  • GregHelton
    GregHelton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am in tears. Amazing work girl.

Similar response here. God bless you, girl.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Love this story! You are so beautiful. Way to go!
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    OH my wow! everything about your story brought a tear to my eye. Happy tears. You are so incredibly inspirational and I just wish I could give you a giant giant hug! First of all you've always been very pretty girl but I cannot believe how incredibly beautiful you look! A completely amazing transformation that I know requires a lot of hard work and dedication and I'm just very proud of you. Thank you so much for sharing this, like you have no idea! Thank you for inspiring me and the rest of us and for making my day. Absolutely stunning! Keep up the amazing work.

You're amazing! WOW! !!!!!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This is such an awesome story! You took it upon yourself to lose the last bit of weight, and you did AMAZING! You look fantastic. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey! You have a done a wonderful job. You story brought me to tears as I thought of my daughter. As of now, she is 10 years old and at 141 pounds. In the last few months she has lost weight. She was at 156 at Christmas. As I looked at your pictures, I pictured my lil' girl gaining and gaining. It's scary and I know I have to work with her. Any insights from your experience would be greatly welcomed. Good luck to you!

That's a tough situation to be in! I know it was awful for my parents trying to monitor my weight. People think you have complete control over your child's intake, but your control is definitely limited to when they're within eyesight! I'm so glad she's doing well! :smile:

My main tip for raising a child who's struggling with their weight is making losing weight/having a healthy lifestyle a family activity. My family did a lot of making special food for me while the rest of them ate pizza, and it made me view my new and improved diet as a punishment. I would circumvent this 'punishment' by eating a lot of leftovers in private.

What would have worked better was if the whole family ate low-calorie meals and treated it as something fun we were doing together. Same goes for exercise!

This is powerful advice! Thank you. I will think of you and your success often as I strive to be a healthy example for my two little daughters. Congratulations and best wishes to you!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, congratulations on your success, surgery or not, YOU did this on your own!
  • Motivatedin20131969
    Motivatedin20131969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Be very proud of yourself!! YOU DID IT!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are truly an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!