Green Tea

Options

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Who among you takes this daily? Did it really aid in weight loss? Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

Do you mean the extract pills or just tea? I've tried both. Green tea is great. The pills don't do as well and can be dangerous for people with HBP. But green tea is about as good as black tea. Both have the same properties.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes. The more lightly and un-sweetened green tea I drink, the less pop and heavily sugared things I don't drink. But if I want a sub for the caffinated things I go for black.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I drink around 2l of green tea a day, as I find it easier to drink than plain water. And I firmly believe it does jack for weight loss.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Greent tea is great as it has lots of benefits, and in long term it will increase you metabolism, but as mentioned above don't expect that it will lose weight immediately just because you drink it. Green tea seems to be better than for example l-carnitine, which many compare to a placebo effect
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea for about 8 years, I don't really like the taste that much but it's good after meals. I think it's supposed to be good to help break down your food and aid digestion, because it has a thermogenic effect- increases the body heat generated from digestion. And there has been evidence in some studies suggesting that this aids fat loss, and that it can be used to prevent cancer.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    I drink it quite often, hasnt done anything for weight loss really.

Dont drink it on an empty stomach! Puke city you will visit :smile:
  • Jacobedward02
    Options
    Yes, its very effective. Green tea has a natural ingredient that will boost your heart rate, not a lot, but it'll get the blood pumping and burn fat. I really wouldn't take it at night, because you'll have a hard time falling asleep.
    Read this article about green tea
    http://www.belmarrahealth.com/weight-management/green-coffee-bean-the-new-weight-loss-trend/
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Green tea is quite high in caffine- it gives me headaches. I do however drink about 6 cups of black tea per day- probably because I'm English and we love a good cuppa! (dash of semi skimmed milk (or coconut milk when I'm off dairy), no sugar or sweetener)
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    Who among you takes this daily? Did it really aid in weight loss? Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

I drink around 5-6 green/herbal teas a day, I don't think green tea helps with weight loss, I think it's constantly hydrating your body and the tea making you a little full that does it! :)
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well, green tea won't hinder weight loss, and if you are having it instead of a drink with calories in it then it will help.

I drink green tea occasionally.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Yes, its very effective. Green tea has a natural ingredient that will boost your heart rate, not a lot, but it'll get the blood pumping and burn fat. I really wouldn't take it at night, because you'll have a hard time falling asleep.
    Read this article about green tea
    http://www.belmarrahealth.com/weight-management/green-coffee-bean-the-new-weight-loss-trend/

Caffeine???
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    If you're addicted to tea (black tea with milk, sugar etc) but HATE the taste of herbal and green tea then I have a herbal tea that tasted AMAZING. It actually has a taste other than floral smelling swamp water. It's the only herbal tea I've ever tried with an actual flavour.

LiptonInfusionGrandSud450x4_tcm226-318461_zpse44423a5.jpg
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea because I like it and I figure it's better for me than a soft drink. It has caffeine in it so it might give you a metabolism boost, but I don't think that it has helped me in any significant way in my weight loss. I just like having a big variety of tea in my life!

23199827.png
  • pennyllayne
    pennyllayne Posts: 265
    Options
    The thing about green tea is that it does have the potential to help with weight loss, but on a very small scale. Studies done on it show that drinking 7 cups of it a day helps the body burn around 100 calories more a day. Hardly worth it, and who can drink that much a day? It is not high in caffeine so that side of it will not help speed up metabolism - for that you'll need a bunch of coffee, but it does contain many antioxidants which are good both for health and weight loss. It is not clear if a supplement would be as effective as drinking the tea itself and have the same effect on fat burning, but at 100 calories a day it hardly seems worth buying them. I'd rather save the money and burn an extra 100 cals through exercise.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and drink at least two cups a day. I'm not sure if it'll help with weight loss, but it is delicious! There's an infinite array of different flavors to choose from. I pick full leaf tea whenever possible, but I use tea bags when I prepare my cuppa at work.
  • antonioaida
    antonioaida Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Green tea helps fight belly fat! It increases metabolism, promotes a healthy heart, and can help allleviate things like stress and control cholesterol.. :) I drink it everyday. I hate the taste so i usually just chug it haha
  • tomebradley
    tomebradley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The compound in green tea linked to fat loss is EGCG. Its been proven to work in studies - however - the amount required to see a change in fat burning levels is many times more than there would be in one cup of green tea - or even 10 cups of green tea.

It's a healthy drink full of antioxidants, but don't expect it to have any impact on your bodyfat levels.
  • Siriku
    Siriku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I believe one study said that a few cups a day (3-4, but don't quote me on that) raises the metabolism by about 4%. Hardly a magical result; however other health benefits make it worth drinking. I've been drinking 2-3 cups a day for a few years now. Zero calorie, so at the very least it's better for you than soft/energy drinks.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea every day, but have not noticed that it attributes to any weight loss. I think it's yummy though.