what did you sacrifice for better health?

Options

Replies

• alaskamatteson
    alaskamatteson Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed sleeping in and eating an entire bag of pretzel mnms... they're just so good....
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    I sacrificed sleeping longer in the morning and grabbing a takeout breakfast for getting my bum out of bed and cooking a healthy one. I save money not spending $5 a day on coffee and a sandwich and I feel fuller longer and I'm eating more food for less calories. :drinker:

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!
  • Day58
    Options
    I gave up the "I can do it tomorrow" mindset, take out/ordering in, laziness and carelessness oh and margaritas!! Those were my biggest weakness!

I have a new way of looking at food and drinks. I enjoy the energy I now have and money in my wallet!

and you look fabulous too!
  • Day58
    Options
    What have I sacraficed inmy journey? Well I sacraficed time that I would have spent laying around doing nothing for getting up and moving. I've missed a couple naps, I've swapped peanut buster parfaits once a week for small hot fudge sundaes with spanish peanuts every now and then. I've swapped feeling lethargic and tired and drained and cranky for being energized and joyful and motivated. I've swapped not caring about myself because if I cared to much I'd have to admit how much I hated myself and how I looked for being content with the changes my body has made and continues to make and being excited to buy new clothes and even clothes in "normal people" sizes. I've sacraficed the enduring of some pain because for me physical activity means pain but it also makes me stronger.

I love this! very inspiring!!!!
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've given up seconds at dinner time and a 6 pack of beer on Friday and Saturday nights.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    10 Virgins and 1 Goat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i sacrificed being lazy and an hour of tv watching time every evening after work!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed believing silly myths and the idea of having to sacrifice things.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I no longer mindlessly eat whatever crap my husband or kids eat. I also have given up a tremendous amount of time that went to other hobbies to spend with a trainer and going to workout (TKD and a HIIT type class).
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed macaroni and cheese. I used to binge eat it (along with any kind of pasta really) for years and so I gave it up. I might have some on Thanksgiving and Christmas and that's it, really. I just can't allow myself to have it because I just can't stop at one serving. Otherwise, I eat what I like within calorie range, of course.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am 'trying' to sacrifice wine for better health.......its a work in progress!
    This is me.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Only thing I've sacrificed is eating whatever I wanted, when I wanted and in whatever quantity I wanted. Now my eating is always mindful of my calorie goal.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    nothing…

I still eat what I want, just less of it…
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    I have to sacrifice chips and dip...I got in a habit in college of eating chips and French onion dip as a main food group. Obviously unhealthy. If I'm really craving it, I make my own dip with Greek yogurt & ranch or onion soup seasoning, and I try to sub the chips with fresh veggies. For me, I like the "everything in moderation" motto...just not with chips haha
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have severely cut down my carb intake, but had to give up foods that I LOVE like pasta, bread, and potatoes. I still have bread or potatoes once in a while, but haven't had pasta for the last 6 months or so. There are times that I miss it... especially at family functions when someone brings a pasta salad (my mother-in-law makes an amazing tuna and tomato salad that is to.die.for!) But, I'm a type-2 diabetic and the reality is that if I want to get my shiz under control, it had to go. I'm definitely okay with that choice :) I know that not everybody has had to sacrifice and give up on things, but for me, it was an easier choice --- give it up, and KNOW that my sugars would improve, or keep eating it and try to moderate, and hope for the best. It was a better choice for ME.

PS. instead of pasta, I bought a spiralizer and make zucchini noodles. YUMMY alternative, and I still eat it with spaghetti sauce or a little alfredo and feel like I'm getting my Italian love in :)
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I gave up whining about how I'll have to do some difficult diet for the rest of my life. I gave up being on a restrictive diet and saying, "Oh well, I'm out of (X), I guess I can't do my diet today!" and binging for 12 hours straight, only to whine about how I'll have to do a difficult diet for the rest of my life.

Also I gave up pasta because of the calorie count. When you're Italian there is no such thing as pasta that will ever be within your calories, lol. I'll eat it at some point I'm sure, but I'll probably be lifting heavy to afford myself a single serving. LOL :P
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    nothing…

I still eat what I want, just less of it…

^^ yes... this! Same here... which reminds me-- time for breakfast! :)
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Only thing I've sacrificed is eating whatever I wanted, when I wanted and in whatever quantity I wanted. Now my eating is always mindful of my calorie goal.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Love this one too!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I gave up a lot of sweets. I still occasionally have a sweet treat, but getting out of the mindset that it's something I need to have every single day was important for me. This seemed like a big sacrifice at the time, but not now.

And a chunk of my precious free time for exercise. I enjoy exercise, but making time for it in my already very busy life is sometimes a chore. This often feels like a sacrifice, because it often it means no 'down time' except for sleep. And I miss my down time.
  • cfl68
    cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Simple. I sacrificed poor health and unhappiness. Makes it easy for me to remember not to over indulge.