Ladies: what do you do for YOUR cramps?

aribugg
aribugg Posts: 164 Member
I'm on a limited supply of pain killers, so i want to save them for the really bad days. I used to always settle the pain with food and coffee. idk why that worked for me, but it really helped. I dont want to stuff my face like that anymore, so im looking for some help on other ways to relieve the pain.

Sorry if this is a bit disturbing, i know it's a strange question lol.

Replies

• FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Take a warm bath, go on a walk, drink a lot of water...rest when need be! If all else fails, fetal position.
  • myuhmaya
    myuhmaya Posts: 71 Member
    Get drugged up on ibuprofen, and take very long naps...sometimes snortin coke helps.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Orgasm.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Motrin and an O
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    abdominal crunches for cramps in the front and dead lifts if they're in the back.
    Cramps are essentially your uterus contracting, I find that forcing the other muscles around it to contract with exercise seems to help the most for me.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Hot water bottle, lie down. I usually take 2 tylenol and 2 benadryl at night to help with the cramps and to make me go to sleep easier.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Orgasm.

This will also work :)
  • starsapart
    starsapart Posts: 3 Member
    Have you tried ThermaCare heating pads? They stick to the inside of your clothes (invisible!) and provide 8 hours of heat. The heat helps to relax the muscles and really helps get cramps down for me. Best part - no drugs, no food, no caffeine, no nothing!
  • Loss4TheWin
    Loss4TheWin Posts: 249
    Was thinking muscle cramps and was going to suggest potassium or approximation (hard squeezing on either side of the muscle), but I now realize I had it wrong. I don't suffer from these types of cramps...I mean, I get them, but I have a high pain tolerance and mine probably aren't as bad as some other women, so....I'll just back out of here. Good luck!
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Orgasm.

Seriously. This works.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    I lay down with one of my dogs over my stomach. It sounds weird I know but they work better than heating pads! The tricky part is getting them to cooperate... That's why I have four of them, one will stay!
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Ib profen is a definite yes, I start taking it just as I feel the cramps start. If I don't once they get bad I can not function. I also use a heating pad and take naps. I also agree with the O as well. It does help.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Orgasm.
    [/quote

Not possible when you're doubled over in pain from uterine cramps!!]
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    abdominal crunches for cramps in the front and dead lifts if they're in the back.
    Cramps are essentially your uterus contracting, I find that forcing the other muscles around it to contract with exercise seems to help the most for me.

Wow...props to you! This would absolutely kill me! I find that a hot water bottle and/or rest are the best things when I can't take something like Midol. Good luck!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    Working out/moving... heating pad.... I've been told (by my Doc) that taking Primrose Oil supplements about a week before your period is due will help with the cramping but my cycle is so all over the place I never know when I'm about to start.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    The only thing that really makes a difference for me with period cramps is ibuprofen. Heat helps, but doesn't completely kill the pain. Ibuprofen lets me get through the day.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Orgasm.
    Hot Bath then visit the potty for "drainage".
    Heating pad but that's more messy.
    Alcohol.
    Fetal position and bite on something like your pillow.
    Yell at husband. <==this one is strangely releiving, but usually also followed by a visit to the potty. I think it gets everything moving.
    Lot's of liquids of any kind.
    Fiery hot foods b/c I think chile cures anything.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    walking. It actually helps to a HUGE degree.

I generally dont skip my exercise during that time, mostly because experience tells me that it makes it better and I dont feel too sick to workout. I take an Ibuprofen at the start cause its the only thing that works (to a small degree) and then I try to do things that dont let me focus on the pain.

My naturopath also gave me Crampbark to try. Its a root that you brew into a tea and consume the day prior and the days you experience pain. I dont like the taste though and I missed the boat last time.
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Let me ask you guys this, is an orgasm the most popular because its the most effective, or because of the obvious? lol
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Orgasm.

Not possible when you're doubled over in pain from uterine cramps!!]

still possible. but might require a Midol first.