Ladies: what do you do for YOUR cramps?

Options

Replies

• ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Skip those little white pills in the pill packet...never worry about cramps ever again! haha
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Orgasms do help......just saying.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Nothing ever helps mine, so I usually yell at a guy friend (or more than one if need be) for that week and then apologize after.
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I get a really bad one I use a corn bag/rice bag. It is a cloth bag filled with either dry corn or dry rice and heated up in the microwave. The heat and the weight really help. Other than that I use ibuprofin, drink water, and try to move around.
  • 4loveford
    Options
    I used to have awful cramps, I would take percs just to sleep through the pain but things are different now thank friggin goodness!

First I have to get enough iron, if my iron is low cramps can take me out but I have found that when I eat enough food with iron (and MFP really helps with keeping track) the cramps were way less, this is just what I found it might not be like that for anyone else. Yoga: not the high intensity stuff or long duration but some classes specifically targeted towards menstruation and cramping, you can find some great ones online.
    Diet: lots of fast food or pastries, coffee and the like really make things hurt and upset my stomach when I am having cramps. Eating healthy is really hard while the cravings are screaming at me but it changes something internally if I start eating processed foods and my PMS symptoms are way worse lol.
    Heating pad: Nothing works like a good rest and a heating pad, it really cuts the edge.
    Warm bath: when its that time of month, nearly every day of that week im in the tub. It helps so much to relax and release the tension in the uterus.

I hope some of these things help :)
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the those ladies who gets TERRIBLE pain,due to a condition where basically I get the pain of two periods at once. I also hate taking medicine, but do in those situations. I also use heat pads, and have just ordered myself a TENS machine, which some lovely ladies with the same condition as me have said willl be life changing lol! ALl that and some icecream.
  • claramce
    claramce Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cry.... ha no really I get them pretty bad nd normally accommpanied with a blistering migraine so I normally lie in the dark with a hot water bottle on my stomach nd take strong painkillers. I probably need a better method tho..
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I either pop 4 Advil and lay in the fetal position until they kick in or take a hot bath while I wait.

Heating pads are also amazing! Sometimes it makes me fall asleep.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I take Mortrin for my cramps. I've also heard that rose tea can help with it, but I haven't personally tried it.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    1 - Call in sick from life & everything
    2 - Midol
    3 - take a walk
    4 - hot shower or bath
    5 - orgasm
    6 - sleep
    7 - if i cant sleep, THC helps (which also helps with my menstrual migraines)
    8 - then I definitely can sleep
    9 - whine and complain a lot to the bf when he gets home from work.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I skip the sugar pills and go straight to the next pack.

I do make sure to 'cleanse' a few times a year though, so I prepare with nightstrength Mersyndol (it's awesome stuff), a hot-as-I-can-stand bath and heat pack.

I also vote orgasm. It's surprising I'm not the only one this works for.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I work out harder. It helps A LOT.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I take a bat to my cramps to show them who's the boss, because that's how I roll.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Orgasm.
    Works every time!
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Menopause.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Menopause.
    No plz, no has want for a while. I'll keep my monthly enemy -nodnod-
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Long story, I once had cramps that were so painful, that I went to my kitchen, and stared at my knives as I contemplated removing my uterus. I'm currently on birth control to decrease the pain and flow. It has helped some, I hate being on BC, but I don't want to cut my uterus out either. I also use the Thermacare pads another member mentioned.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have endometriosis and get severe cramps that usually leave me bedridden. I have prescriptions for pain killers but don't take them because I don't like the side effects. Instead I have a prescription for Naproxen and take 1,000 mg every 6 hours.

I also use a heating pad. A hot shower or bath helps as well. Massaging ovaries helps reduce pain for some too. I am also on BC to help manage menstrual cramps/flow. Flow is so light I barely bleed but I still experience terrible cramps.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    HAving sex on your period? That's disgusting. Unless you all are talking about having an orgasm solo???
    You are entitled to your opinion, but if it works and you feel better, why not? :drinker: And if your partner is willing, who are you to judge? :wink:
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I sometimes smoke crack.

tumblr_ms1gjlz1Pc1ru3zogo1_250.gif