Are 14" calves considered big

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have 14" calves and it has taken me two years of work to build up from 13". Woot!

Then there's hope for me! :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My hubby's left calf is 17" and he has natural short, body builder type physique. He doesn't purposely work at it, he seems to grow muscles just sitting on the couch. He was very flattered that I wanted to measure and post his results. Either that or he was humoring me. :blushing:
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    measurements....

neck 12"
    waist 28"
    hips 35"
    thighs 22"
    calves 16"

5'3"...

yikes....I got some work to do!!!!lol
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I don't have calves: I have steers. Mine are 16.5". Never been smaller than 15 inches, and I can remember them being over 18 when I was heavier. I am 5'7" and female. I have lifted heavy for over 20 years.
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    Mine both measure exactly the same, my arms are a little different though
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a female with 14.5 inch calves and I :heart: them so much! They are shapely and defined and athletic looking, and look extra good in heels and a skirt. I consider them to be bigger than average, as well as more awesome than average. :drinker:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    measurements....

neck 12"
    waist 28"
    hips 35"
    thighs 22"
    calves 16"

5'3"...

yikes....I got some work to do!!!!lol

That is awesome!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    <-- 14" and I don't care if they are considered big. I used to care. I cared a lot. But then I realized that the genetic options I had were bird legs from my mother or these fine, shapely things from my father and I think I came out on top.

I'm also a girl with 14" calves and they used to always bother me too. I used to hate everything about my legs and all I ever wanted was "chicken legs." To me, they were slim, beautiful, and graceful. Everything I wasn't lol!

But like you, I no longer care. My calves are small enough to at least fit in most high boots and that's good enough! :laugh: My legs are never going to be slender and graceful, but that's okay because there isn't one definition of beauty or one standard for beautiful legs. My legs aren't perfect, but I'm happy with them because I've worked hard and lost a good bit of weight to make them look the way they do now. They look kind of shapely and strong and I like that. I'm working on making them shaplier and stronger! :wink:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    you probably carry it off really well given your height...It's not small for sure but they are not big either. It all depends how you look overall.
  • jbugiel
    jbugiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    <-- 14" and I don't care if they are considered big. I used to care. I cared a lot. But then I realized that the genetic options I had were bird legs from my mother or these fine, shapely things from my father and I think I came out on top.

Those are some nice looking calves, lol. Mine are 18", I'm a guy though, and 6'4", soooo.... they should be bigger, like the rest of me I would guess. Only have 15.5" Biceps though, so now I'm feeling a bit inadequate there, GEEZ. :P
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I actually would like them to be bigger
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I want to join this thread. Hold on! I've just got to go measure my calves. Brb.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    LOL, 14.5 for my presently non- weight training calves (I used to train and I know mine were 15.5 then). I am a 5'8" woman at 131 lbs and the second thing a guy looks at, as you walk away in a skirt & heels, is your shapely calves. hahaha

OP - not to worry if you have good definition and short muscle bodies - they'll still look good.
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    Lol long muscle bodies for me that's why I don't understand why people say how big they look. They are probably joking lol
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    This thread made me measure my calves...not something I ever thought I'd do, thanks for making me do this! :). Apparently mine are 14" too. So I'd say yours aren't too big. I have long muscular legs from years of figure skating so I'm not surprised at my measurements and no one has ever said my calves are too big.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    They're big to me! I'm 5' 11'' weigh 144lbs. Just measured mine right now. 13'' and my arms are a whopping 11in. I'm a distance runner, so I don't really care if they're big or not. As long as my running performance is good, I'm good.
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I think is had to be because of my small ankles that make them look bigger I guess pol
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I know I never thought of it either until the comments. And they were all just this last summer
  • mjbowman821
    mjbowman821 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just got into the gym about 6 weeks ago and I have 17" calves naturally. I work outside and people are very complimentary. I do take pride in them. My mom said that I got them from her but then I have to remind her that they were [ THIS BIG } when I got them.
    I wear shorts basically year round because I hate having to deal with tight legs in jeans.
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Nope! Mine are 13.5" and they look pretty tiny to me. For me big is 16" and above. 15" is sort of average.