Are 14" calves considered big

Options

Replies

• LloydGK
    LloydGK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Seems normal enough. Just measured mine and they are 15". I don't train, but I do walk everywhere. (5' 9").
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    19" @ 5'9" here.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Never thought about measuring my calves before this thread and thought it would be interesting. I am male, 5'6" and currently have 18" calves. I assume this is big for my height and when I wear shorts at the gym, which is rarely, people do comment on the size of them, well the size of my legs in general I suppose lol as my thighs are 23" (luckily I don't actually carry any fat on my legs, so that is all chunk lol).
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    14.9" here, and I'm only 5'2"... Can't wear boots because of them but they look nice and defined (you can see the muscles), so they look really good in workout-capris :)
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    Nope! Mine are 13.5" and they look pretty tiny to me. For me big is 16" and above. 15" is sort of average.
    I agree
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    i've never even thought of measuring my calves as a thing until i got here.

I just did for the first time... 18 1/2" OP... do you even lift? :smokin:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    <---- 14.5" of awesome
  • kiroshino
    kiroshino Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'7" here. My calves were largest at 17". I was always self-conscious about them because I'd have trouble fitting them into pants and boots/skates. They did receive some compliments, though I never understood why; even though they are muscular, I always associated it with being fat. Last I measured, they were around 16".
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    That's a mighty short calf!
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", my calves are 15". They have always been on the bigger side. I don't like that Some jeans are tight in the calves and I can't really find boots that fit them, but on the other hand my legs in general are pretty darn strong! Not to worried about it.
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Never thought to measure mine until I aw this thread. I always thought I had huge calves and have always been complimented on them but after measuring they don't seem so large anymore..lol Mine measured 16" Dunno how to post a pic so I'll just use it as my profile pic for a bit. haha (thighs measured 23.5")
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'4" female and I have 15.5" calves so no..... they aren't big.

2014-03-24125556_zps82b9881d.jpg
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My calves are bigger than yours. I'm 5'0 and female. You've got work to do, bro.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    bigger the calves the better !!!!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    <<16". Flaccid.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Mine are 15". I'm lazy and hate working them... forcing myself to work them more directly so my quads stop dominating them.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    <<16". Flaccid.

Well helllooo sailor!

serena+apaixonada.gif
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that you calves should be approximately the same size as your biceps. My biceps and calves are now within a quarter inch of each other, they have been as much as an inch larger. I would surmise that my calves are slightly larger because I have historically focused more on the legs having been a cross country runner and soccer player; when I did lift I did a lot of leg exercises, the squat was always one of my favorites.
    Maybe what people are speaking to is the definition of your calves?
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    i've never even thought of measuring my calves as a thing until i got here.

I just did for the first time... 18 1/2" OP... do you even lift? :smokin:
    no I'm just getting into lifting now
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    <<16". Flaccid.
    lol