To quest or not to quest?

Options

Replies

• dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I hated the apple pie flavor and refused to try any others, thinking they would all be nasty.

Then I needed a new protein bar because everything else has chicorry root in it and my digestive track cannot handle that. I went back to try some other flavors of quest.

So far:
    Chocolate chip cookie dough - absolute favortie, especially heated a bit (5-10 seconds)
    Cookies and cream - 2nd fav
    Strawberry cheesecake - not bad but not as good as the above two
    Chocolate peanut butter - not a huge fan of this one but I didn't try heating it up. It had more of a texture issue and drier than the other three, reminded me of the apple pie

Everyone I know likes the cookie dough and cookies and cream. Maybe start with those?

Re: chicory root...ME TOO! I will not tell you what I went through to find out that was the source of my pain. You might already know this, but the ingredient inulin will usually produce the same results. It's the thing in chicory root that makes it so unpleasant. I have to read every label for packaged food, especially "high fiber" ones, to make sure they don't have either of those two ingredients listed.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    The cookie dough flavor is absolutely ADDICTIVE.
    It tastes like heaven when you microwave it for like 10 seconds.... <3
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor is amazing!
  • DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Got the two as a free sample...cookie dough and cinnamon roll. Microwaved the cookie dough for 10 seconds before tasting...promptly threw 3/4 in the trash (don't know why I ate the 1/4 I did). That was a month ago and I am too chicken to taste the other. I know lots of people like them...I haven't had other protein bars and maybe these are way superior to others, but I couldn't choke it down.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've had the cookies and cream and brownie ones. They were okay, but not as good as I was expecting based on all the raves about them I've read on here.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If you don't quest, you're never going to get your XP up and hit that next level.
    lol Exactly what I was thinking :P
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough best. The cookies and cream is not what I expected, but I have a box of them... so I will be eating them for a while!

Cookies and cream are pure heaven!
  • CDogg17
    CDogg17 Posts: 27
    Options
    I like the cookies and cream, the double chocolate chunk and the chocolate chip cookie dough. I tried baking the cookies and cream one the other day and I loved it! I cut it into pieces, set it on a cookie sheet (with parchment) and baked them for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. The taste is pretty much the same, but the texture! Just like a cookie! Warm, browned, kinda cake like. Totally satisfying after dinner snack. I can't wait to try it with the other flavors.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love my quest bars. I treat them as a treat instead of ice cream. Vanilla chocolate raspberry is my fav.
    Stef.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Absolute favorites are cookies 'n' cream & white chocolate raspberry. Cookie dough is also awesome.

Banana nut muffin & chocolate brownie are AMAZING topped with PB2- they're just "meh" on their own.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I like them but only recently started buying them. Prefer them heated for a bit. I want to try them in some recipes like I've seen on IG. For $1.99 a bar I think they are pretty comparable in price to other bars. I also like the Elizabeth Hasselbe NoGii bar. I think as far as taste it's preferable to Quest IMO.
  • Spooky_Scully
    Spooky_Scully Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As said several times, the Cookie Dough flavour heated for 10 seconds in the microwave is possibly the greatest thing known to man. Seriously, I can't buy in bulk because I just want to eat them for every meal hahaha :laugh:

However, I love the Apple Pie and Cinnamon Roll flavours too :) and just ordered some Cookie & Cream bars to try. The rest I can take or leave, except for the berry and lemon ones… I find them icky, personally!
  • seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would say pass. I tried one and returned them all back to the store. I had a massive headache after eating one. I did some research and they use fake sugars which give me bad headaches. Also they use these 'fake sugars' that have been banned in some areas of the world for cancer causing issues.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I found them gross and VERY heavy. I like to have protein bars before i work out and these are just too heavy to have. I went back to the other protein bars and am happy as a clam now. :drinker:
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars! When I crave a candy bar I eat one of those instead. My personal favorites are the Chocolate Brownie, Cookie Dough and the Chocolate peanut butter.

I do find them very filling and usually only eat half at a time.
  • monicaxxrose
    monicaxxrose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by XP ?
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you don't quest, you're never going to get your XP up and hit that next level.

I love Coconut Cashew & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
  • TMD1033
    TMD1033 Posts: 3
    Options
    After reading threads similar to this one, I tried the cinnamon roll flavor. It went into the trash can after one bite. It was mushy with no contrast in texture and an unappealing chalkiness/sandiness. I did not heat it before hand, but I do not feel like 10 seconds in a microwave could have saved it.

I'll stick to Cliff Builder's Bars or EAS Lean 15.
  • baconcheddar
    Options
    I second the Clif Builder's Bars, they actually taste good, probably because they have real sugar in them. I bike long distances so I actually prefer the sugary stuff.

I tried a bunch of flavors of Quest bars and I thought they were absolutely foul. Everyone seems to love the cookies and cream flavor, and I seriously do not know what those people are tasting. To me it tasted like cigarette ashes, dirt and a little bit of sweet n' low suspended in foamy play doh. Ugh...the texture is just gross and if you put them in the microwave like everyone suggests it's even worse. Soft, foamy, sticky, bland, weirdly salty logs of yuck. No thanks.
  • alexflynn011
    alexflynn011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    recommend Cookies n Cream