ANY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE??????

Options
jdad1
jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
I was hoping to gauge a response from those of you that find an analytical approach to a dietician’s analysis of prearranged phosphorous intake to be conducive to the actual dietary needs for most people. Specifically in regard to overincumbence of the minerals that relate to regular release function. After receiving a review from a professional and analyzing the input given i can't seem to grasp the approach as it was mentioned to me. I just struggle with straying from what has always been commonplace amongst what was always my understanding of the matter. Does anyone here have any background information or experience that would lend to this type of dietary regimen? I welcome any feedback especially any information conducive to aid in the overall understanding of such a wide ranging and changing topic.

Thanks.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hang on, I just need to look up "overincumbence" in the dictionary.....
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Can't brain. I've got the dumb.
  • Eleana14
    Eleana14 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    b9dee1d06dd3dc374689b82e87f55f29.jpg
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to gauge a response from those of you that find an analytical approach to a dietician’s analysis of prearranged phosphorous intake to be conducive to the actual dietary needs for most people. Specifically in regard to overincumbence of the minerals that relate to regular release function. After receiving a review from a professional and analyzing the input given i can't seem to grasp the approach as it was mentioned to me. I just struggle with straying from what has always been commonplace amongst what was always my understanding of the matter. Does anyone here have any background information or experience that would lend to this type of dietary regimen? I welcome any feedback especially any information conducive to aid in the overall understanding of such a wide ranging and changing topic.

Thanks.

Me thinks you are going to strike out until you use more better words we can speak, yes? hahahaha sorry I had to say it
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Must grab coffee first... Wait... even after that-- not sure I wanna grasp what you said...

I'm quite ok with that... Goodluck! :)
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    After hours of painstaking analysis i've come to this conclusion.

EAT LESS - MOVE MORE.
  • joanharris2014
    Options
    Phi Beta Kappa but not in this field of research... However this is interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/nutrition/phosphorus-in-diet/overview.htmlhttp://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/nutrition/phosphorus-in-diet/overview.html

"The main function of phosphorus is in the formation of bones and teeth.
    It plays an important role in how the body uses carbohydrates and fats. It is also needed for the body to make protein for the growth, maintenance, and repair of cells and tissues. Phosphorus also helps the body make ATP, a molecule the body uses to store energy.
    Phosphorus works with the B vitamins. It also helps with the following:
    Kidney function
    Muscle contractions
    Normal heartbeat
    Nerve signaling"

But don't take too much. Keep to just eating healthy.

"There is generally no deficiency of phosphorus because it is so readily available in the food supply.
    Excessively high levels of phosphorus in the blood, although rare, can combine with calcium to form deposits in soft tissues such as muscle. High levels of phosphorus in blood only occur in people with severe kidney disease or severe dysfunction of their calcium regulation."
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hit up the guy at Suppversity. He'll probably know.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Are you hypophosphatemic? If you haven't been told by a medical professional that you have hypophosphatemia, then I wouldn't worry about it too much, so long as the ratio of Ca, Mg, and Ph are in order, you'll live.
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle some phosphorus into my cereal every morning.

......jk
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

Thanks.

Unless you are trying to grow vegetables with your skin I don't think the phosophorus intake means anything. I think the dietician is trying to confuse you.

We have a saying in recovery.....Keep it simple stupid. (they've removed the "stupid" part lately. I still use it.) When eating turns into a breaksown of chemical components, it becomes an obsession. It's fuel. Fuel your body with good stuff and leave the science to the scientists.

Hey, I love chemistry and science but not when it starts to get mixed in with the elements I'm supposed to be consuming. It's hard enough to eat a balanced diet without microanalyzing it.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    b9dee1d06dd3dc374689b82e87f55f29.jpg

I love this! What movie was that from?
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Can't brain. I've got the dumb.

HAHA !
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Phi Beta Kappa but not in this field of research... However this is interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/nutrition/phosphorus-in-diet/overview.htmlhttp://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/nutrition/phosphorus-in-diet/overview.html

"The main function of phosphorus is in the formation of bones and teeth.
    It plays an important role in how the body uses carbohydrates and fats. It is also needed for the body to make protein for the growth, maintenance, and repair of cells and tissues. Phosphorus also helps the body make ATP, a molecule the body uses to store energy.
    Phosphorus works with the B vitamins. It also helps with the following:
    Kidney function
    Muscle contractions
    Normal heartbeat
    Nerve signaling"

But don't take too much. Keep to just eating healthy.

"There is generally no deficiency of phosphorus because it is so readily available in the food supply.
    Excessively high levels of phosphorus in the blood, although rare, can combine with calcium to form deposits in soft tissues such as muscle. High levels of phosphorus in blood only occur in people with severe kidney disease or severe dysfunction of their calcium regulation."

Or if you're training for a college varsity sport and consuming a gallon of milk a day...... What, I like milk, I'm probably just about the only woman in existence that's been told by a doctor to lay off it for a while! :laugh:

As for the OP's question, I have some training in physiology, but this isn't really my field. Can you link us some sources to what you're talking about. I'd be interested to read up on it.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Replying to this thread is no way to gauge intelligence. I just wanted to point that out.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just give me a few years to do that degree in Biochemistry and i'll be back to you on that one
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    brad.jpg

“Check out the big brain on Brett. You one smart mother*!#$.”