I eat 51 bananas a day!

Options
124»

Replies

• pghfitgirl
    Options
    What this REALLY is: An attention gimmick. Create some "shocking" fad (51 bananas a day and she looks like that?! OMG! I must read more!), draw in lots of attention, more clicks, bigger payday.

It would be nice if most of these "gurus" were in it for more than lining their pocket$.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, as a banana hater I should really try anyway, since it makes your boobs grow and your eyes change colour! All from the fruits, yay

Dunno, they write she used to be anorexic and suffered from bulimia, but honestly, is this a more healthy approach to food?

No. But the really concerning thing to me is how many people follow her. I noticed in the article she has no credentials, and is a self proclaimed diet "guru." (Beware of anyone who proclaims themself anything, let alone a guru.) They also pointed out that eating that amount of bananas can jack up your kidneys. So hopefully none of her faithful followers have kidney disease. I think she is some kind of nuts and I imagine that her videos and crap are how she supports herself, why else would she be blending in a bikini on the regular? I can't imagine maintaining a regular job of any kind if I was making 20 banana smoothies or eating two whole pineapples or five mangos for a meal.

Yep, the bikini-blending-session

[img]http://todamax.kicks-*kitten*.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/batman___dafuq.jpg[/img]
  • TamaBrett
    TamaBrett Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Many in the raw and vegan communities agree that her diet is not ideal, and that her and her BF Harley kind of do their own thing.
    Harley, that's the guy. Not one of the smartest guys in class.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've known a few people who do this type of thing and quite frankly I think it's ridiculous. The human body is meant to process only up to 2 servings of fruit/day...not LIVE on only fruit. I can wrap my head around being raw vegan...I did it for a while and felt great...but I ate lots of veggies and nuts, coconut, etc so I got my protein and fats. People who follow this will say you get plenty of fat and protein from just fruit...serioiusly?
    You should check out the rest of the internet...there are entire message boards with people who did this and had serious health issues. This girl and her boyfriend apparently harrass anyone who stands up to them. It totally boggles my mind.

I would like to see evidence that the body is only meant to process 2 servings of fruit a day. Because if that's true I guess I'm a mutant.

That was a bit of a generalization, I admit it. I'm not going to get a sciency and post links here but in general what I'm finding is that overeating fructose (from fruit, processed sugar, wherever) is not good. If you are going to be raw I think it's better to be heavy on the veggies over fruit. This is just my opinion based on my own research (and of course all of us have personal biases in what we believe when we read things) and my own personal experience with eating.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

According to Freelee, she eats 97% fruit, about 2% greens and 1% nuts/seeds. 2% greens hardly seems like it's a "huge" part of her diet.

if it's 2% calories from greens, thats a LOT of micronutrition though, for even a 1200 calorie diet.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I eat 51 a day too! Well actually 51 grams blended in my raw vegan protein smoothie. Freelee looks healthy though. Good for her if that is what she likes. I have a friend who is a serious triathlete and very weight conscious. She went raw vegan and swore that she always had energy, was never sick and could eat to her hearts content for the first time in her life without gaining weight. She was always a big eater.
  • Obi_Cory_Kenobi
    Obi_Cory_Kenobi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Also, can't eating 51 bananas per day end up giving you radiation poison over time?
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok honestly she just said that to get headlines and hits to her YouTube channel and website. Her and her boyfriend durienrider do this and other tactics like dissing other YouTube fitness channels. The couple does a lot of stuff for attention and it's usually negative. But hey they make money with YouTube Adsense so I guess it's worth it to them. Bottom line she doesn't eat 51 bananas a day , but she got your attention.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'd get sick of the same stuff in mass amounts all the time. No variety...blah.
  • bnybanker
    bnybanker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a crock! Aside from paying for them, storing them, and actually shoving them down your throat and quite frankly, getting sick or bored- nobody in the right mind would punish their bodies with such craziness. Who puts this out?- reps from a banana company? Really.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Ok honestly she just said that to get headlines and hits to her YouTube channel and website. Her and her boyfriend durienrider do this and other tactics like dissing other YouTube fitness channels. The couple does a lot of stuff for attention and it's usually negative. But hey they make money with YouTube Adsense so I guess it's worth it to them. Bottom line she doesn't eat 51 bananas a day , but she got your attention.
    Exactly.
  • MelxH
    MelxH Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The first video that I saw of her was also the last one... it was about how "normal" was to lose your period when you are on that diet and if you try and it happens to you, you shouldnt be worry and keep going, like she does...

A person that says that losing your period is completely normal and is no sign of a diet beeing unhealty is dangerous... is really scary that people follow her and think of her as a "guru"
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    it truly boggles my mind that anyone would see this a good solutiion to weight control or health. I don't like bananas, but even if it were apples or some other fruit I like eating all those servings of the same foods over and over, day after day, sounds like torture. :sick:

Why would anyone see that as a good thing?
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had an online friend when I used to use Sparkpeople who was a low fat, raw vegan. I remember her saying she ate 3 lbs of bananas per day. That's like, what 7 or 8? A lot of bananas, but still a far cry from 51!
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options

This, look how hyped up it's got people on here already! Obviously it's an attention seeking stunt.