Are 14" calves considered big

Options
1235»

Replies

• dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    mine are 16" and I wish they were a bit smaller. I can't fit my freakishly large calves into any nice boots :)
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

I'm 5'11
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I have always heard that you calves should be approximately the same size as your biceps. My biceps and calves are now within a quarter inch of each other, they have been as much as an inch larger. I would surmise that my calves are slightly larger because I have historically focused more on the legs having been a cross country runner and soccer player; when I did lift I did a lot of leg exercises, the squat was always one of my favorites.
    Maybe what people are speaking to is the definition of your calves?
    that could be it
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    you probably carry it off really well given your height...It's not small for sure but they are not big either. It all depends how you look overall.
    thank you
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am extremely envious of all of you with 14" calves. I wish I had 14" calves because I have 16" calves and can't wear cute boots. Have yet to find cute high heel boots with 16" shaft circumference. Most are wait for it....14"

So to answer the question, no I think that's small. However OP I don't know how much you want to wear knee high leather high heel boots, so my comment may not help you.

I feel you. I'm 15.5" and can never get good boots unless they're elastic on the back or wide-calf styles. :(
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5' 5'' girl and my calves are 17.5''.
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I am extremely envious of all of you with 14" calves. I wish I had 14" calves because I have 16" calves and can't wear cute boots. Have yet to find cute high heel boots with 16" shaft circumference. Most are wait for it....14"

So to answer the question, no I think that's small. However OP I don't know how much you want to wear knee high leather high heel boots, so my comment may not help you.
    ya I don't wear them often lol
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl and mine are 16"!!! I don't think my thighs and calves will go down no matter howmuch i lose lol
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 185lbs ... I have 18.5 inch calves... awful!! I swear, all of my weight is in my thighs and calves ;(
  • Traciemizz
    Options
    Def not considered big, probably kind of small for a guy. I never thought mine were big at 16.5" but I'm a girl