why are peopler so stupid

Options

Replies

• fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Not everyone's 1st language is English mate... A bit of tolerance goes a long way.

I work in chat support, it's always amusing to me when I have one chat with someone from Europe is apologizing for their English which is actually fine, while I have another chat with a 'Murrican who's butchering the language like it killed their dog.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    That.. hurt to read. Wowza!

Not everyone's 1st language is English mate... A bit of tolerance goes a long way.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

Nope.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    DYEE?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    humans are cleverer than baboons though.
    Having just had a quick scan of the "Chit-Chat, Fun and Games" forum I would have to respectfully disagree.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I think the the stupid ones are the ones that take peoples generalised comments so literally.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Having just had a quick scan of the "Chit-Chat, Fun and Games" forum I would have to respectfully disagree.

*throws poo*
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Here we go again in the news. Somebody said they can of sugar and lost weight. It is the same like the new book is out called "I came off sugar". When you look at what they eat it is still full of sugar. Like the brown bread and fruit ect. Dont they understand that to do no sugar diet they need to eat 0 CARBS food as there is no sugar in that at all. As I said in the beginning are they just stupid.
    My problem is that I don't care much what other people think which causes an outage deficiency which means I don't post much on these message boards. I do kind of enjoy other people's rants.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Here we go again in the news. Somebody said they can of sugar and lost weight. It is the same like the new book is out called "I came off sugar". When you look at what they eat it is still full of sugar. Like the brown bread and fruit ect. Dont they understand that to do no sugar diet they need to eat 0 CARBS food as there is no sugar in that at all. As I said in the beginning are they just stupid.

My problem is that I don't care much what other people think which causes an outage deficiency which means I don't post much on these message boards. I do kind of enjoy other people's rants.

And I just like this pic.

enhanced-buzz-14922-1336590517-11.jpg
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I agree that peopler are stupid. Especially when claiming they come of sugar.
    LOL
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    Wow, some people turn a simple post into a hate thread. :frown:

Anyway, to the OP, maybe they were referring to sweets. When I say I'm giving up sugar, I am always referring to the crap that is brought to my office because I over do it....story of my life,
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

*throws poo*

Of all the points I've been challenged on, why is it this one is proving the hardest to defend....?
    And I just like this pic.

enhanced-buzz-14922-1336590517-11.jpg

Pics like this just make it all that much harder....

And videos like this...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU

I'm wondering if there's enough evidence to support my original statement...
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    First, I don't know what peopler are and second, I didn't know sugar came in a can.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking some fermented sugar tonight?
    Hahahah, funny! I'm just here for the cat gifs. Waiting.......
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Some of them just barely...
  • paganstar71
    paganstar71 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Generally people are referring to the added ingredient sugar (sucrose) not other naturally occurring whole food or other unrefined sugars.

For example:

100g brown bread: 292 calories, carbs 54g, fibre 2.3g, sugar 4.1g, protein 11g, fat 3.3g
    Macros (grams) per calories: carbs 18.5%, fibre 0.8%, sugar 1.4%, protein 3.7%, fat 1.1%
    -- higher in protein

100g apple: 52 calories, carbs 14g, fibre 2.4g, sugar 10g, protein 0.3g, fat 0.2g
    Macros (grams) per calories: carbs 26.9%, fibre 5.6%, sugar 19.2%, protein 0.6%, fat 0.4%
    -- low in calories, higher in sugar, but still only 10 grams!

100g potato: 77 calories, carbs 17g, fibre 2.2g, sugar 0.8g, protein 2g, fat 0.1g
    Macros (grams) per calories: carbs 22%, fibre 2.9%, sugar 1%, protein 2.6%, fat 0.1%
    -- low in calories, higher in protein and fibre

Compared to:

100g milk chocolate: 535 calories, carbs 59g, fibre 3.4g, sugar 52g, protein 8g, fat 30g
    Macros (grams) per calories: carbs 11%, fibre 0.6%, sugar 9.7%, protein 1.5%, fat 5.6%
    -- high in calories, higher in sugar and fat

100g vanilla ice cream: 201 calories, carbs 23.6g, fibre 0.7g, sugar 21.2g, protein 3.5g, fat 11g
    Macros (grams) per calories: carbs 11.7%, fibre 0.3%, sugar 10.5%, protein 1.7%, fat 5.5%
    -- higher in sugar and fat

100g froot loops: 393 calories, carbs 87.5g, fibre 3.1g, sugar 47g, protein 3.4g, fat 4.1g
    Macros (grams) per calories: carbs 22.3%, fibre 0.8%, sugar 12%, protein 0.9%, fat 1%
    -- high in calories, higher in sugar

The World Health Organisation recommends that you should eat below 50g of sugar per day, therefore avoiding foods with added sugar will help people stay within the recommended advice. It's an easy rule to follow to generally eat lower calorie, nutrient dense, higher fibre and protein foods.  You can see that this does not mean you have to necessarily avoid fruit, potatoes and bread to keep lower sugar levels as long as you also eat a wide range of proteins and vegetables.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking some fermented sugar tonight?
    Hahahah, funny! I'm just here for the cat gifs. Waiting.......

I'm glad someone else caught what I was talking about :)

tumblr_m9ptoggl3H1re3wmmo1_250.gif
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    People created vehicles made from tons of metal that can fly through the air, artificial hearts, and beer.

People are not stupid, they are just capable of great stupidity.

Maybe you could write a book too titled, "Coming off stupid" after you make your post a little more readable.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for a can of sugar.

(No, seriously, that would be awesome. Would eliminate the many times I've accidentally dumped a bag of sugar.)