rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Just the other day, a co-worker had noticed I'd lost a lot of weight....she says to me...."Do you have cancer? You're really shrinking!" Wow lady...Out of all things possible to say...That's what she comes up with ?!?!? :noway:
  • cecpowers
    Options
    You have curves... They're just in all the wrong places.
  • etscher
    etscher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I was dating this really attractive and fit guy who was sooooo critical of all women's weight. He probably had a lot of insecurities.

We were at the beach and I had finally reached my lowest weight and finally felt comfortable in a bikini. I bent over to pick up a towel, and he took a picture of me from the side (no one looks good from the side bending over - I don't care how fit you are). And he showed it to me and circled all of the places where i was fat. He literally said "omg look how fat you are here and here and here and here."

So that felt great.
  • chrisnfeen
    chrisnfeen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My lovely sister told me I needed to gain about 200 lbs...and then I should try out for Biggest Loser TV show.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    One time I was at Halloween at MSU and I heard someone say as my friends and I walked by, "of course there's a fat girl". It was obvious they were talking about me because at the time all of my friends were really tiny. That was fun!! -_- Guess who ain't the fat girl anymore?!!!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I was dating this really attractive and fit guy who was sooooo critical of all women's weight. He probably had a lot of insecurities.

We were at the beach and I had finally reached my lowest weight and finally felt comfortable in a bikini. I bent over to pick up a towel, and he took a picture of me from the side (no one looks good from the side bending over - I don't care how fit you are). And he showed it to me and circled all of the places where i was fat. He literally said "omg look how fat you are here and here and here and here."

So that felt great.

That's horrible. This is the type of situation where I find violence IS the answer. He coulda used a nice PUNCH!
  • laoliviabeachbum
    laoliviabeachbum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I remember overhearing a lad in a nightclub say to his friend, 'she's quite fit.....for fat bird.' I think I was a UK size 12-14 at the time. What he would say now i'm more of a 16!!!
  • LizLearnstoRun
    LizLearnstoRun Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    walking home from a bar in college a jeep full of drunk guys pulled up near the side walk threw bottles and mooed
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just never remember any comments but this happened to my boss. She is a fabulous woman, two PhD's kind, intelligent and had survived cancer twice. During her last chemo her metabolism shut down, literally. She told me once someone said to her "you know my wife became less *****y when she wasn't so fat". Seriously not only calling her fat but *****y. Still not sure where his body is....:wink:

oops can't say itchy with a b
  • susannek2014
    susannek2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    keep your chins up!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Let's see...I've been told I'm skeletal, scary-looking, and I've been compared to emaciated people in Somalia, among other things.

All that, and I'm not even skinny. I'm at a normal weight for my height (something I keep trying to explain). It makes me wonder and fear, if I ever do become skinny what will they think or say :/

Your ticker says you want to be 91 pounds. You don't think that's too low?
  • MostMidgetlegs
    MostMidgetlegs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once when I was younger, maybe 13 or so, I was going for a walk on the beach and someone drove by and yelled out "Keep walking, fat *kitten*!"
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    At my oldest sons christening (he was 4 months old) - my ex- Mother-in-Law pinched my stomach and said - "You are still carrying around a lot of bacon right there" - That was 25 years ago and i can still feel the humiliation. Her son was also a charmer.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just the other day, a co-worker had noticed I'd lost a lot of weight....she says to me...."Do you have cancer? You're really shrinking!" Wow lady...Out of all things possible to say...That's what she comes up with ?!?!? :noway:

My husband's boss said the exact same thing to him.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My dad told me I had a stomach or was getting one( no way I was just bloated), him being the king of stomachs and going up and down. That being called anorexic, sick, or something nasty for wanting to take care of myself( eat well, try new activities, be active, sleep!)
  • LibraryBatgirl
    LibraryBatgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing red (when I didn't have to, it was one of my school colors and some of my team shirts were red) after 15 of my classmates in middle school started shouting " hey kook-aid" every time they saw me in the hall.
  • SeattleJill
    SeattleJill Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think I've been very lucky. or I look really mean, because most of my life no one has said anything in ear shot of me. The one time someone did i was walking through a park and some Hispanic men started catcalling me in Spanish. I was getting ready to give them what-for when a guy walked by and said in Spanish, "no, no shes way too fat for you to be doing that". I guess he assumed I didn't speak any Spanish. So I said, in Spanish, the equivalent of "He's right, his Penis is way too small to fit into me". Then they all started laughing at him and he hurried off. I was so angry at what he said I forgot to yell at the men catcalling me. hahaha!
  • blond_giraffe
    Options
    The rudest I have heard was probably a guy telling me, ''You carry your weight on your legs''.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I was on a golf team in college and we went to Tampa every spring break to play. We had an afternoon off and went to the beach and shopping, then got some ice cream. As we walked down the street (5 of us total) there was an open-air bar and one guy said to his friends "that heifer doesn't need that ice cream." If I heard it, certainly my teammates heard it. I'll never forget it and how humiliated I felt.
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    One of my customers from the convenience store I used to work at looked at me one day (he came in every day) and said, "Are you pregnant? Because you've gained weight."
    "Uh, no. I've actually lost some, but thanks for noticing!"