You look young

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    People guess me to be early 30's like 30-32 usually. Once in awhile someone guesses 28-29 and I want to smooch them (not really) ;-)

I am 37. I think I look my age...but I may appear a tiny bit younger because I don't smoke, don't drink a lot, sleep plenty and I have probably not had quite as much stress as some, I have not had kids or struggled that much in my life REALLY...not major, heavy duty serious problems anyway.
  • evastria
    evastria Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    From ages 12-17 everyone said I looked 17 (very early developer) then 18-23 everyone still says i look 17! Losing the weight will probs drop the baby face too :p
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Maybe so. But, I do get carded (with the drinking age being 19), and they say to me, "Are you really 19? I need to see two forms of ID." Then when they get my ID they crack up and say, "Wow, I was not expecting that. You must be feeling really good right now that I carded you." (because I'm 36). When I go places with my kids they give me raffle tickets intended for kids because they think I am their older teenage sister. When I am off dancing, people ask me where I am attending college, and they are concerned when I say I'm not in school. Then I tell them it's because I graduated 14 years ago and I'm 36, and they say, "No, you aren't!!!" When I am out with my kids, strangers regularly say to me, "Those can't be your kids!" And then we have to get into a conversation about it because they don't understand how they can be my kids, then they think I became a mom at some crazy young age. That will happen lots of places and especially when I'm in a bikini. So, it happens a lot and in a clearly genuine way. Even times when I've been at the doctors or in the hospital and nurses came in, they have thought I was a teenager or 10 years younger. I do think it may be partially influenced by my being very petite and small. But, everyone in my family looks young and lives well into their nineties with excellent physical strength and dancing ability. And I have always lived a healthy lifestyle. And I didn't drink for over a decade and now only one drink a few times a month at most. When I take my kids to school, people will comment on me being a younger mom. I am young, but then they clearly think I'm younger by the things they say (not realizing that I'm not much younger than they are). I'm sure at some point it could catch up with me. Everyone that sees me from high school says that I haven't aged. I don't think I look as young as people think I am, and I know I look older than I did when I was younger (back when I was in my twenties and people thought I was 13). But, they clearly do. I also think I look older with my new haircut. When I was younger I hated it and actually felt really bad about it. People would say that I would love it when I was older. I didn't believe them. But, they were right. I do love it now and even find it hard to believe. I don't think I look as young as people think I am, but on the other hand I really don't feel 36 either.
  • FallenOtaku
    Options
    When I was younger they thought I was much older - when I told people I was 11 or 12, they would think I was 17 instead. Now, they think I'm just about the age I am - 19 or 20. :3
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Last time I ordered alcohol, the waitor didn't card me. I almost cried!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    People are not typically specific but most people do seem surprised to find out my age. I have heard a few say 20's but i assume they are are being too nice or they are delusional.:laugh: On one hand my friend's father was astonished to find out I was in my 40s and on another I was recently asked if my younger children were mine or my grandchildren. :grumble: (In that guy's defense he knows I have adult children.)
  • wehave4
    wehave4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    With my weight as heavy as I am people tend to think I'm older than I actually am but then again I have people think I'm right out of college age so I don't know. I'm 30.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    some people actually think I'm in my 20's. What do you think?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    People are not typically specific but most people do seem surprised to find out my age. I have heard a few say 20's but i assume they are are being too nice or they are delusional.:laugh: On one hand my friend's father was astonished to find out I was in my 40s and on another I was recently asked if my younger children were mine or my grandchildren. :grumble: (In that guy's defense he knows I have adult children.)
    Yeah, uhm, I'm going to need to see some ID, young lady. You do not look a day past 20.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yeah, uhm, I'm going to need to see some ID, young lady. You do not look a day past 20.

Haha!! Sin, it is possible that we,ladies look younger than our age
  • MysteriousLdy
    Options
    <~~ Actual age:32

Because of how I look, people assumed I am in mid 20ish.
  • bigbadbubz
    Options
    mid 30s I get told..
  • dontdreamit
    dontdreamit Posts: 223
    Options
    People think I'm 15....I'm 20 years old.

They tell me I'll be grateful for this when I'm 40 but right now I'm sick of attracting 14 year old boys haha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When I was 27 people were asking me where I went to school. When I was 32 one of my sisters in law mentioned that I haven't changed since she met me 10 years ago.

I haven't had any comment since I lost weight :(
  • azlifah95
    azlifah95 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and usually get told that I look older because of the way I speak and my reaction to stuff. Although I might be mistaken as younger if I'm in a different continent because the age perception in Asia is very different than those in the west.
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    I usually get told right around my age, I'm 24 and I get told anything from 22-25, when I was around 13-16 though everyone thought I was around 18-20, I was a very early bloomer lol.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I get carded for lottery tickets...
  • MysteriousLdy
    Options
    People think I'm 15....I'm 20 years old.

They tell me I'll be grateful for this when I'm 40 but right now I'm sick of attracting 14 year old boys haha

Lol!! I know how you feel ;-)
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, people always guess I'm between 19-21.

Conversation from work:

Coworker: Baby girl, how old are you?
    Me: (this was a couple years ago) 25.
    Coworker: No you're not, what? You don't look a day over 16 I thought you were one of our high school summer hires.
    Me: LOL nope, thanks though!

That conversation sticks out so vividly in my mind. xD This superpower will come in handy when I'm really old... aw yiss.