The start of my fat loss journey part2

Options
13»

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

What whining? All I said is to leave me alone cause I rather talk to people who want to help me rather than people who want to drag me into arguments . So what would you do in my situation?

i thought you started this thread to help others with your vast knowledge.

No I was hoping for others who were losing weight like me to chime in and maybe we give each other advice on what we have learned. I figured it would be idea sharing but these people always come and mess up the thread with attacks.
    But it's not attacks it's people pointing out the problems with your ideas and 'advice'. Just because you think it's a good idea Doesn't mean everyone else will. This is an open discussion forum and people are free to post their criticisms the same way you can post your advice. If you can't handle people pointing out problems with your approach post it as a blog. Think about you've lost 2 pounds according to your ticker which is great for you but if someone who has lost over 100 pounds says that maybe long term your ideas may not hold up surely the sensible thing is to take a step back and think that they may have something to add considering their achievement. Throwing your toys out of your pram doesn't help you at all.
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

What whining? All I said is to leave me alone cause I rather talk to people who want to help me rather than people who want to drag me into arguments . So what would you do in my situation?

No I was hoping for others who were losing weight like me to chime in and maybe we give each other advice on what we have learned. I figured it would be idea sharing but these people always come and mess up the thread with attacks.
    But it's not attacks it's people pointing out the problems with your ideas and 'advice'. Just because you think it's a good idea Doesn't mean everyone else will. This is an open discussion forum and people are free to post their criticisms the same way you can post your advice. If you can't handle people pointing out problems with your approach post it as a blog. Think about you've lost 2 pounds according to your ticker which is great for you but if someone who has lost over 100 pounds says that maybe long term your ideas may not hold up surely the sensible thing is to take a step back and think that they may have something to add considering their achievement. Throwing your toys out of your pram doesn't help you at all.

Ok I mentioned in my original post I haven't been filling out my ticker because I don't come here often. I actually started at 270 lbs and now Iam 25O lbs . All I did was mention what I have done so far. Then MrM27 and his friends jumped and just start to constantly attack . When I ask them to back off they just keep comming. I have not said anything in this thread to start trouble.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Ok I mentioned in my original post I haven't been filling out my ticker because I don't come here often. I actually started at 270 lbs and now Iam 25O lbs . All I did was mention what I have done so far. Then MrM27 and his friends jumped and just start to constantly attack . When I ask them to back off they just keep comming. I have not said anything in this thread to start trouble.

were you never been bullied at the playground or anything??????
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If I had to end my day eating celery instead of ice cream I think I would cry.

I thought the secret was figuring out how to fit in delicious food that I truly enjoy while still eating at a deficit. I dunno maybe I've been doing it wrong all along.

You can as long as it keeps you full without craving. Me personally I need veggies to stay full , but I still eat stuff I like but way less of it. The celery is for those emergency days where you might go over your calories as I stated in #2 point of my 1st post.

If you're going to go over calories, how on earth is eating celery going help matters? Eating a low calorie veggie doesn't negate a calorie surplus. And she can eat the ice cream whether it keeps her full without craving or not, because she's an adult and it's her decision what she puts in her body. Diet myths like this are how we end up with people on here asking for permission to eat certain foods while losing weight.

If you read my reply I said on days that I might go over I eat celery snack so I don't go over. I also said that I can't eat ice cream for snack because it won't fill me up , I never told her what to do I told her what I do.

So those 4 numerical points in your OP where you are telling people what to do, which also happens to be what you do, isn't telling them what to do.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

No one's attacking you, we're questioning the advice you are giving others, especially since you don't come here that often and are still a relative newbie to the process.
  • FTF2014
    Options

were you never been bullied at the playground or anything??????

In real life there would have not been much talking cause I would have starting throwing punches. I treat people with respect and expect the same in return. I gave this forum a shot but if I have to deal with petty stuff like this then I should go. No I aam not really used to the internet culture cause in real life most of the people I meet are hard working people who just look to enjoy life not fight all the time. It seems the internet brings the worst out of people , me included.
  • FTF2014
    Options

I thought the secret was figuring out how to fit in delicious food that I truly enjoy while still eating at a deficit. I dunno maybe I've been doing it wrong all along.

You can as long as it keeps you full without craving. Me personally I need veggies to stay full , but I still eat stuff I like but way less of it. The celery is for those emergency days where you might go over your calories as I stated in #2 point of my 1st post.

If you're going to go over calories, how on earth is eating celery going help matters? Eating a low calorie veggie doesn't negate a calorie surplus. And she can eat the ice cream whether it keeps her full without craving or not, because she's an adult and it's her decision what she puts in her body. Diet myths like this are how we end up with people on here asking for permission to eat certain foods while losing weight.

If you read my reply I said on days that I might go over I eat celery snack so I don't go over. I also said that I can't eat ice cream for snack because it won't fill me up , I never told her what to do I told her what I do.

So those 4 numerical points in your OP where you are telling people what to do, which also happens to be what you do, isn't telling them what to do.

No one's attacking you, we're questioning the advice you are giving others, especially since you don't come here that often and are still a relative newbie to the process.

I tell people what I do and maybe some of the points I laid across can help them. I am new here but far from stupid. What I listed Iam pretty sure others who have similar bodies probably did before me. What advice do you think I gave was wrong?
  • FTF2014
    Options
    Couple of things to look out for

1)Another thing is not to watch the scale too much cause it jumps up and down so much that it will freak you out . Understand that your weight will go up and down but stay with it and your weight will continue to go down week to week. Don't worry about daily jumps!!

2) If you eat too much early but still want to stay within your calorie range a night celery is a great way to fill up without to many calories. Its around 10 calories per 8 inch stalk.

3) Sleep you must get your sleep it helps a lot , on days that I didn't sleep well I felt more hungry. For a few people it might have oppisite effect but for me it makes me hungry when I'am tired.

4) Stress eating , when your stressed don't eat .

Whats wrong with this advice what part it is stupid?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

1)Another thing is not to watch the scale too much cause it jumps up and down so much that it will freak you out . Understand that your weight will go up and down but stay with it and your weight will continue to go down week to week. Don't worry about daily jumps!!

2) If you eat too much early but still want to stay within your calorie range a night celery is a great way to fill up without to many calories. Its around 10 calories per 8 inch stalk.

3) Sleep you must get your sleep it helps a lot , on days that I didn't sleep well I felt more hungry. For a few people it might have oppisite effect but for me it makes me hungry when I'am tired.

dude, first off your spelling, your grammar, and your syntax is horrible. and you're giving pretty crappy advice. "if you're stressed don't eat"? seriously? thats your big advice?? come on man.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like turtles.

tumblr_ls86k4MTEo1qgs1ido1_400.gif
  • FTF2014
    Options

dude, first off your spelling, your grammar, and your syntax is horrible. and you're giving pretty crappy advice. "if you're stressed don't eat"? seriously? thats your big advice?? come on man.

No its not big advice but a lot of people eat when they are stressed out . Some people use food and other people use alcohol to relief stress. I was just saying don't use food as a means of relieving your stress. So in your mind that never happens and is stupid advice?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

No its not big advice but a lot of people eat when they are stressed out . Some people use food and other people use alcohol to relief stress. I was just saying don't use food as a means of relieving your stress. So in your mind that never happens and is stupid advice?

Is this a trick question?
  • FTF2014
    Options

Is this a trick question?

No it isn't .
  • FTF2014
    Options
    If its bad advice tell me what is wrong or harmful about what I said.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    i'm done.
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Do you honestly think that if it was as easy as not eating or drinking or snorting whatever, there would even be addicts? I'm sorry but that is a very dismissive way of approaching a serious topic/disorder. I appreciate that for you, that's a solution but for many of the people here, it's not just mind over matter and grabbing a stalk of celery.
  • eldazzio
    eldazzio Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If its bad advice tell me what is wrong or harmful about what I said.

Its not necessarily bad advice, but it IS very generic and it worked for YOU. If you want to keep people informed of YOUR progress maybe put it in a blog and not on the General help board. Hopefully this truthful post won't get deleted like the last time I posted on one of your threads.... :drinker:
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    In real life there would have not been much talking cause I would have starting throwing punches

Followed by..
    I treat people with respect and expect the same in return.

How's that again?

Britney-confused_zps9eff516a.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

If I go over my calories for the day I log it and move on. There are no emergency days, there are days I say screw it I'm going over and going to enjoy every mouthful, there are days I say I'll eat just a little bit of this so it fits in my days... and days I say nope can't make it fit today, maybe tomorrow... but never emergency days that would require my only snack to be celery that's just damn depressing.

Celery is about 10 calories per 8 inch stalk and I need about 6 to fill me up. So what I do is take one teaspoon of mayo and put it on the side as a dip. The teaspoon of mayo is 100 calories and I eat 60 calories worth of Celery. For me it taste real good with mayo so its like a little treat snack thats low calorie.

And for 190 calories I can eat a Blue bunny Chocolate lover's Ice cream sandwich... or many other delicious foods, celery dipped in mayo doesn't even sound appetizing but whatever...

i was thinking the same thing...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Edited because I forgot to ask... why the need for so many threads with the same information. If you truly believe everything you are saying than you should stand behind those opinions not just run and make a new thread because someone questioned you

I had to make another thread because 2 users were trying to make my original thread an arguement instead of being informative . I hope this thread can still civil with just info and learning.
    Asking you questions is arguing? You said people should feel free to ask questions.
    Why didn't you want to answer them?

No asking questions is asking questions. But I know for a fact you are just looking for an opening to fight.
    Funny because over at bb.com you aren't as aggressive and insulting to members as you seem to be here.

Well over there people don't follow me all over the place. But you seem to follow me around every thread I post you jump in. Now your following me to other website like a sick person. Most people I meet are nice , so Iam nice to them . You weren't so I wasn't either. You also seem to not be able to let go and you harass me at every turn.

I'm here for help and cuddles 'cause sad . . . :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh his buddy is here now to support his friend how sweet.

temper tantrum time . . .

Ok question so you think it's ok for your friend to follow me in every thread and start a fight?

LOL he asked you serious questions in your other thread and you reported him to the mods for "harassment" …get over yourself…

and this after you called everyone in the other thread that you were in "idiots"