I can't get motivated on the treadmill.

Options
2»

Replies

• gagnon9691
    gagnon9691 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I put a movie or tv show on the ipad and just go until it is done. That helps a lot
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Get off the treadmill.

And maybe running just isn't your thing. There's many other ways to get cardio, whether it be walking, cycling, circuits, etc. And you could do this indoor or out!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Then get an interval timer and do HIIT intervals. Or find something else that you like.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Treadmills suuuuuck! Running outside is so much better. You have to work harder, you actually feel like you're progressing and you get to look at pretty stuff.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Then get an interval timer and do HIIT intervals. Or find something else that you like.

Or this
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I really like my treadmill. (it’s not a manual tho’) Although walking outside is great I don’t always want to do that in the rainy Northwest. So, as those above me said, the key for me is great music! I often try to match my stride to the beat and I vary speed and intensity throughout my workout. If you slow it down a bit you can even manage a little cha-cha step (in a straight line). Do that for a few minutes and try not to smile!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to another piece of cardio equipment? Find something you enjoy doing and it'll be easier. I hate running and can barely make a mile before quitting. I bike for my cardio because it's something I enjoy. Or do some sprints to get it over with quicker.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Where I live running is prey behavior. So I often use the treadmill, and like it. I put on my music, look out the window into the forest and jam. I like to vary elevation, speed, and distance. Five miles flies by, it helps to have a vivid imagination, which I do.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe try an elliptical? And possibly find something to entertain yourself while you're doing your cardio. I watch tv shows on my tablet and it's great. It keeps me distracted from the fact that my thighs are killing me :]