What are your binge day calories?

Options

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I usually don't go over 3000. I do this more when I'm maintaining rather than losing.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I don't have a binge day. Since I eat what I want in moderation anyway, I don't feel the need to binge.
    Friday is takeaway night so the calories are a little higher than the rest of the week but not by much, maybe 200 -300 over.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    24000 because the definition of a binge is gross over-comsumption.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    As a person who has a hard time controlling binge eating I put a lot of thought into my once a month cheat meal. I already have them planned for the next five months. Lobster Mac & Cheese with Garlic Bread drenched in garlic butter for May, An Amazing Burger and fresh cut fries (not fast food) for June, Seafood Poutine followed by battered fish tacos for July and Hot Wings and lots of beer at a rooftop bar for August.
    This month I went to a favorite Sunday Brunch Buffet and totally over did it, 3000 calories over did it. I counted all my calories because I still want to feel accountable for my gluttony. From this cheat I learnt I can’t control myself at a buffet. I felt full half way through the first plate but still managed to squeeze in one more plate plus an assortment of desserts and help my daughter finish her waffle and cupcake. I’ll be avoiding buffets and all-you-can-eat meals until I am at my goal or maybe forever.

I love this! What great "cheat" meals to plan!

When I go way over my calories, I hit 2600-3000 two to three times a month.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I log it after wards. I think I've gone about 2000 cals over and that was mostly alcohol.......
    I have another one of those coming up as we finally have a staff Christmas party happening.

EDIT: to say it's usually about 500 cals more
  • amrita0286
    Options
    I noticed I can't do an entire day of bad eating, but rather one meal. I've actually seen this help me get over a plateau as well.
    I guess its different for everybody, but I try to have a cheat meal once a week. It helps me avoid those cravings and binges.
    I can't do a cheat day, it just makes me feel like crap the entire day and throws me off.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I don't like to say "binge day" because binging is an eating disorder. I do have days that I go over occasionally though it's not because I want to go over. Normally though it's no more than 3,000 calories and even that's pretty high.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I don't binge, but on a spike day I go about 2x+ my normal day's calories. So about 3k-3.5k.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I always track my "cheat" days to the best of my ability, & they're not usually too outrageous. I think the highest one I had was 900 over my calorie goal, but they're normally more like 300-500 over my calorie goal. I also don't usually plan my cheat days. I try to stay on track as long & consistently as possible so that when I have a day where I'm like 'you know, I really want xyz today' I can have it & it's not a deal breaker.
  • 52dave62
    52dave62 Posts: 28
    Options
    I put way too much thought and efort into this, but, bein's how I am 25 days into this journey, and just came off a junk eating day, AND I wanted to look at a heavy, but not unlike typical fast food diet day from this past winter, that brought me to this MFP group. SO,...

I pre-logged for tomorrow, (just for shiggles), a ''binge/spike'' day,....... A 10,000 calorie day, that began with the left-over pizza I so often started my day with, I planned for 2 quick drive-thro window, eat in the car ''snacks'' fried battered fish for lunch & KFC meal for dinner. With cake and a quart of milk for bedtime snack.

Now that I am able to log my eating habits, both good and bad, I would say 2 and a half times my current goal, which would allow for just under 5,000.

In closing, too make a long post even more wordy, to respond to OP's topic. Somewhere between 4,500 - 12,000

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand how anyone can eat over 3,500+ cals in just one day. I can barely reach 3,000 when I really indulge on days like Christmas/Easter/Birthday, just can't physically get that much food in!!
  • fheppy
    fheppy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can eat 4-5000kcal without any problems on any day. i love carbs, dairy, and meat so basically everything :blushing:
    above 5000 i could not do as my stomach can't stretch more. even with 5000 my stomach hurts
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just had one yesterday -- 4,224 cal with a 1900 goal, so 2,324 over goal.
  • fheppy
    fheppy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am not sure most people understand a true binge day (thankfully)

I remember binge days all the way back to when I was a teenager. they happened when I was in pain.

Not sure that I have ever admitted this, but....

I remember eating everything. The block of cheese, drinking from salad dressing bottles, eating mayo with a spoon, emptying the whipcream/sourcream/icecream while waiting on the whole pack of hotdogs to cook in the microwave with 8 slices of cheese melted on top. emptying the bag of frozen chicken cordon blues from sams. All the while waiting on the pizza delivery guy to show up with the large pizza and breadsticks.

Those were easily 10-20K + days that made me want to die.

But a holiday type day, or big beer drinking day now? 3000-3500 calories seems to put me away for a while.

holy *kitten* that WEIGHT of food. How could you manage that much? I could only imagine big calories with sugary drinks, like i used to do 2-4L of cola cola, 2starbucks coffee, orange juice and full fat milk. I never had that much food to be honest. your stomach and intestines must have hurt like crazy :sick:
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is Saturday...I consume about 2100 calories food and beer.
  • shegrif
    shegrif Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1200-1400 calories a day not counting exercise calories.
    We had a Saint Patrick's Day party in March,only a few days after starting on MFP.
    That day I had just over 2500 calories.
    This past Friday night we had a big birthday celebration for two friends. I planned ahead of time and came in at just over 1800.
    We get together with friends every Friday night and drink beer and snack.
    I drink light beer with limits and control the snacking.
    I don't believe in deprivation. Planning ahead has been a lifesaver.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't often over indulge, some days I go a couple of hundred over my cals. Most I have clocked up is around 3000 cals including alcohol and lots of it!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My goals are 1700 5 days a week and under TDEE (2400) 2 days a week. I don't consider anything a cheat and haven't binged once since before the new year. Been losing .5-2 lbs every week with no plateau since 1/2/14. Lift heavy, do HIIT and prosper, people.
  • 52dave62
    52dave62 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    oh wow... 2,800 is nothing for me. I eat that without trying... a really high intake for me would be 4,000 - 5,000 cals.