Please be kind... bikini shot without the bikini body! -78lb

Options
RedheadQuine
RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
OK first a disclaimer. I KNOW I don't have a bikini body. No need to tell me, I am well aware of it! A little back story, I had hubby take these pics of me in a cheap bikini in 2010 so I could see what I really looked like. I was horrified, but still didn't make any changes in my life... I only started changing my life last year!

Today I was going through my closet and getting rid of all the clothes that are too big (2 trash bags worth, woohoo!). I started at a British size 22 (US 20) and am now in a British 14-16 (US 12-14). I came across that old bikini and remembered the pictures, so I looked them up and tried to recreate them so that I could compare. I was blown away! I just wanted to share because this board was what kept me going when I was first on this journey, and the posts that really helped me were the ones where people looked a bit like me - not perfect bodies who're posting their success story of losing 5lb... but the ones who were really overweight, and still have some to go, but have made remarkable changes!

I know I will never have that perfect bikini body, but I do know that I want to be fit and strong. I'm well on my way there, and still have another 20-30lb to go (ignore the weight on my ticker, it's just a random weight - I'm going more by how I feel than what the scale says!).

Thanks for reading.

bikini1s_zps6f74e24f.jpg

bikini2s_zps7629e949.jpg

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You're doing great - congratulations on an amazing achievement!!!! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • sanzza
    sanzza Posts: 60
    Options
    WOW! Huge difference. You have done great, very inspiring ! :drinker:
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing progress and I'm truly impressed. Damn fine work. :drinker:

Let me also say, don't sell yourself short. If you keep up that kind of work you never know what you can accomplish.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Awesome work girl!! :drinker:
  • nik_nak_1983
    Options
    You should be hugely proud of yourself!! Your face has totally changed....and is that a cheeky fruit bowl in the background of your 'after' picture : )
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You're really whittling down!! Awesome loss!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That is a huge loss already and a great accomplishment!! You should be proud of your hard work and dedication. If anyone else has anything to say punch them in the nose!
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What a huge difference, you are doing great, well done :-)
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing! Well done!
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job . wish me the same please
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!! Huge difference!!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress thus far!!! You are doing a phenomenal job. Thanks for sharing your story & the pics.

Also, I loved your disclaimer. That's something I would have said. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
  • Debbi2309
    Debbi2309 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    wow you done so well hun, wish i had a before pic of me so can compare, you can tell how proud you are of how much weight you lost by posting the pics shows confidence and hopefully i will get some of that confidence as i continue my journey to x
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Apart from everything else you also look so much younger - well done you. :flowerforyou:
  • mandy5135
    mandy5135 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You have come so far. Keep up the good work!! You look great!!!
  • Katze23
    Katze23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Kudos!!! Be proud of that body, girl!
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done!! :)
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Wow! Just look at what can be done in a year:). !!!

And like someone else said, you can achieve anything, what you've already done is awesome! Just imagine what the next year can bring:)
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️Great work and bravo for posting it! That took guts and the great work shows so keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!