Valentine's Challenge

TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey there fellow MFP'ers!

I started pretty late but in the month of December my goal was to run the distance from Nazareth to Bethlehem by the end of the month. I'm just over half way but I only have about 5 days left! Haha! Quite a ways to go but unfortunately I won't make it...sad. lol!

Anyhow, I wanted to come up with a new challenge, a new distance to run and was wondering if anyone wanted to do this with me! Valentine's day seemed like the next great goal to have this accomplished by, but I wasn't sure what said "goal" should be!ll...

I thought it would be clever to run from London to Paris but it was a tad on the long side: 289 miles! Haha! We have 6 weeks until Valentine's Day but still...lol! But I started thinking about it, and the different places and things I found romantic. I have always wanted to go to NYC and actually its on the top ten most romantic places to visit. I kept thinking and I love the show "The Office." The love story between Jim and Pam is just adorable and I love all the good times snuggled on the couch watching them fall in love!

SO! I am going to run from Scranton, Pennsylvania to New York City! Scranton, for those who don't know is the supposed location of NBC's loveable Office. Its 120 miles and I think that is the perfect amount to run between now and Valentine's day. You can do it however you want: Run, walk, swim...whatever you are doing physically to travel those miles! I just wanted to share my challenge and see if I could get some people to join me on my mission of romance and good health! Maybe I'll re-watch the office along the way!! :o)

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Im interested if I can use the miles from my Elliptical...
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    That sounds like a great challenge.
    I've been trying to get myself a little more motivated since the disaster that was the last two weeks. LOL.
    120 miles in 6 weeks. Sign me up!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    bump!
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Sounds GREAT!!! We can do it!

It's funny, because my boyfriend and I recently started watching through all the episodes of The Office. We are now on the 3rd or 4th Season!!!

:)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Elliptical miles totally count! Your sweat, your legs are moving ='s it counts! Ha ha!

Yay! I'm so glad to see so many people interested! Do we want to check in weekly? Every couple of days? :o)
  • I'm up for this challenge. This is the motivation I needed to keep hopping on the treadmill!!
  • Totally up for the Challenge!!
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    I'm up for the challenge and looking forward to it! Most of my miles will be on the elliptical but I'll work to get in a variety of exercises to cross those miles!:happy: :happy:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Elliptical miles totally count! Your sweat, your legs are moving ='s it counts! Ha ha!

Yay! I'm so glad to see so many people interested! Do we want to check in weekly? Every couple of days? :o)

Great! that means I'm in.....I think we should check in whenever we complete miles so everyone can see the progress. If not, everyone should at least check in weekly.
  • aeleton
    aeleton Posts: 171
    Sounds good to Me. I am in.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I'll start today! :)
    love this idea.
    120 miles by V-day will be tough for me but it might push me harder than usual and that's good!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    im really quite tempted to try this but swimming it instead although it could take me a long time haha - might swim and run it :)

COUNT ME IN!

good luck everyone!!
  • Leaf
    Leaf Posts: 5
    I'm in. Great way to push myself onto the treadmill
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Count me in....I will have to walk it till Feb 1st then I can up it to jogging and doing the elliptical, cant do anything but walking till the Dr gives me the ok.
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    I'm in too. I'll be running & using the elliptical.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    Dangit!! I wish I had a friggn treadmill or eliptical. :frown: :frown: The journey sounds SO FUN!!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Bumping for after ortho appt tomorrow, if I'm cleared to run I'm in!!!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Oh OH MEMEME!! I'm in! :)
  • slilly89
    slilly89 Posts: 1 Member
    This sounds like a good challenge. I'll have to walk my miles though.
  • 120 miles in 6 weeks equals an average of 20 miles per week... great start training for a half marathon... I'm in! :D
This discussion has been closed.