Do you feel it is important to sleep with your spouse?

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Even though his 6'3" frame ends up in the middle or on my side of the bed and I snore, we don't sleep well without each other. We go to bed at the same time. I might fall asleep before him, but we are always touching when we fall asleep. I think it's very important for our relationship.

my husband always wants to fall asleep cuddled up together but i cant have him touching mm at all when i want to go to sleep.. so we have developed a snuggle then roll so i can scoot as far away as possible!!! he hates it!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I do think it's important for our relationship. We go to bed together every night and he spoons me until I fall asleep. Then he rolls over. LOL. But the snuggling is important to both of us. We do have a king sized tempurpedic bed, so I could move to "my side" of the bed, but he prefers that I sleep in the middle near him, so I do.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I do think it's important for our relationship. We go to bed together every night and he spoons me until I fall asleep. Then he rolls over. LOL. But the snuggling is important to both of us. We do have a king sized tempurpedic bed, so I could move to "my side" of the bed, but he prefers that I sleep in the middle near him, so I do.

We have a king sized bed, also, but he rarely sleeps on his side of the bed. :laugh:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    No, I want to sleep with movement freedom and get up when I want to without disturbing anyone. Besides, she gets up at 4:30am so F that
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping alone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    As long as it's a Cal King bed! I'm a "roller" and like to spread out when I sleep. At home we sleep together, but at hotels if they have 2 beds in the room, I'll take one for myself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • everforever8
    everforever8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes I find it extremely important to have the same-or at least close sleep schedule, and i find that I actually get kind of depressed when we don't. I hate waking up at two in the morning and finding that he's still awake. I think it goes to the whole intimacy thing and also just knowing that we will be up at the same time of the day so we can spend time doing things together.
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    We share a bed and make sure we go to bed at the same time...he is a cuddler but I don't sleep very well if being held. Fortunately, he twitches right as he falls asleep so as soon he is asleep I scoot over a little so I can sleep. I also love waking up every morning wih him next me, it starts everyday with a smile.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Do you feel it is important?

yes: it is the highlight of my week :cry:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Sleeping with other people is frowned upon in my house..
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I think going to bed together is very important, but my hubby has a tricky back and some nights, halfway through the night, he has to get up and "change his sleep number", as he says. So he heads to the spare room for a few hours and there's no way I'm going to make him stay in bed watching me sleep and getting grumpy because he can't. That would be selfish and ultimately make us both cranky.

And he always comes back in every morning to snuggle me awake and deliver my first coffee. :wink:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Yes, but if he works overnights I'm all for having the bed to myself :drinker:
  • jenlindsaymorgan
    Options
    My husband works night shift so I get the best of both worlds!! (btw I sleep better when he isn't there but don't tell him that!!)
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't have a spouse, but when I'm in a relationship I believe sharing a bed is important. Some of the best conversations and moments I've shared with someone were right before falling asleep or when waking up in the morning. It's a closeness/connection thing for me.

This is where my cynicism takes over. I love sharing a bed with my wife, and think it is vital to building and encouraging a strong relationship, but sadly it rarely happens. For one, we have an infant. He keeps her pretty occupied between late night feedings and the occasional cry fest. We also have a 3 year old who is transitioning to her own room. This means, if I don't wake up to find her sprawled in-between us with a foot in my face, I am usually waking up on the floor next to her bed where I must have gone in the middle of the night to try and put her back to sleep. Outside of those things, conversations before bed usually consist of, "hey babe, do I have work clothes for tomorrow?" Conversations in the morning rarely happen because of this strange phenomenon called morning breath. This means closed mouth kisses and light conversation until someone gets out of bed and gets themselves straightened out. The hallmark, lifetime idea of snuggling and cuddling and soft whispers filled with heartfelt romanticism is not my reality.

That's totally your opinion. I don't have a "hallmark, lifetime idea" of anything, actually. I'm divorced, sharing custody of a toddler who doesn't sleep, and that's my reality. Doesn't mean I don't want to share a bed with my future partner for the reasons I stated.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    We both sleep better in separate rooms and separate beds. For a while we had separate beds in the same room, then tried a king size bed, but at least in my opinion sleep is better alone.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I do feel it is important. It is actuallly a source of argument between my BF and I. He falls asleep on the couch on a very regular basis and doesn't come to bed till 2 or 3 in the morning (if at all). We both wake ~6am, so basically I don't feel like he is making an effort to get off the couch and sleep with me even though I have made it VERY clear that is is a huge deal. I know people who have sepearate bedrooms because of snoring or differing sleep hours, etc, but I think that people should make an effort to be close, even when it isn't sexual in nature. I'm curious to see all kinds of responses!!! Maybe I will pick out the good ones and have him read :)

My husband does the same thing. Drives me nuts. Heh..I thought i was the only one. Guess not~
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I do not sleep well if my husband isn't in the bed. When I have insomnia, I find that if we're touching or spooning, I can fall asleep. Once asleep though, I like my own space. That's why we have a king bed.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Meh. We sleep in the same bed most of the time, but our schedules are different, so since there isn't any chit-chat or cuddling when either of us actually go to sleep, the sleeping part irrelevant. Then you have the fact that I snore and she steals the covers, or the youngest kid had a bad dream, and one of us will end up in the recliner every once in a while. :laugh:
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sleeping together is important to us, but if we aren't together, it isn't the end of the world. We have some of our most complicated, indepth conversations lying on our backs in the dark late at night. I fall asleep holding onto his pinky finger under the pillow usually. There's usually no kissin and smoochin in the morning, 'cause even with brushing teeth right before bed, morning breath takes over pretty quick.

That said, we don't wilt and die alone if we are separated for a night. In fact, the man actually likes to tell me on the phone how wonderful the middle of the bed is. I know he's lying, 'cause that's where the hump is. :D
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Sure, until snoring starts. Then I start kicking.

Thankfully, I sleep alone.