Tats

Options

Replies

• bethcox16
    bethcox16 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ive only just started getting tattoos, as i have only just turned 18, but i have 3 at the moment, i have a quote on my bicep, an angel on my back, and butterflies going up my leg with filigree background :)
  • dillenrm
    dillenrm Posts: 4
    Options
    This thread is no good without pics. I don't have any tats but I do like looking at them.

Here you go!
    My ankle tattoo: 13832406683_905240ddd2_m.jpg
    My ribcage tattoo: 13832734694_43dff07caa_n.jpg
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    ab1f1a65-a96d-48c6-b334-9be985810e4d_zps46d94d96.jpg
    6e4428b0-c8f7-4aa8-aed5-5ba8bdf92fc0_zps1bb42e38.jpg
    That is awesome!! Did the back of the knee hurt?

The worst spots were the back of the knee and the ankle, the ankle really sucked!
  • MrsKgettingfit
    MrsKgettingfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 atm buy have 3 more planned to get as soon as funds allow. I have a sun on my lower back but tbh it's awful lol badly done! I'm getting "live love laugh" on the inside or my upper arm, family and infinity sign on my inside wrist or along side of arm not sure yet and a suicide awareness sign on my other wrist as my dad took his own life. My hubby has 4 and is wanting a few more. Love tattoos!
  • American_Made
    Options
    just what you see in my pic
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have seven. Ex sailor and biker and since I haven't been either in 20 years, I probably won't be getting any more. :sad:

Upper right arm (dragon that I drew based on Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood album cover):
    hAXGWvR.jpg

Lower left arm (obligatory Navy anchor and my oldest son's name):
    K4ElJxS.jpg

Upper left arm (I'm just a Southern boy, not a racist):
    uOya90G.jpg

Inner right forearm (speaks for itself):
    YVLMdGC.jpg

Upper right leg (the goal was to get both legs, from hip to knee, done in tribal, but never made it past this):
    vsiBLjm.jpg

Not pictured: my youngest son's name on my right wrist.
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    I have got my name tattooed on my back when I was 17. I got the Legend of Zelda Triforce when I was 18. It looks like this:

nw_005.jpg

I am saving up money to get a Megadeth Tattoo, Lengwar writting(Lord of the Rings), and I want to get the Star Wars Logo.
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Now that's some sick ink!!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I have 8:

1. An icthys on the underside of my left wrist to symbolize my Christianity.
    2. A four leaf clover on my left breast. It was my first one and I always wanted a four leaf clover.
    3. A wolf head on the upper part of the right side of my back because it's my favorite animal.
    4. My son's name in Hebrew on the upper part of the left side of my back.
    5. A dove on my right clavicle when I finally found my inner peace.
    6. My fiance's zodiac sign on my left clavicle. I will be adding his 2 sons zodiac signs on either side of this one.
    7. A Tribal cross with a heart in the middle of it, also symbolizing my Christianity.
    8. A Triquetra in the middle of my back to symbolize the Holy Trinity as one. I know that it was a pagan symbol. My ancestry is also Celtic.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I have really dumb tattoos. Haha. I have a companion cube from the video game portal on my back, and bob-ombs with parachutes going down my outter thigh. I don't have really novel ideas for things but I used to work at a tattoo shop and decided to get these on a whim.

Are you kidding me? Those are awesome. Bob-ombs being an underrepresented antagonist.

I have 3.

A hand tapped "bracelet" around my right ankle, from a samoan tatooist, signifies my travel to and through art school, and as a ward against sharks.

A dragon with a maltese cross on my left calf. It's to symbolize the fraternity of youth. Several of my friends from after highschool started a band, I was the graphic designer that did all their stuff, and we were all tight, so I had designed the dragon as something for me, then made it part of their band logo at their request. I think it's good because a dragon's fire is all consuming, and all of those friendships have burnt up as time has marched on. C'est la vie. That dragon is me, however. ;)

My family crest on my left shoulder. Being left handed, this is my strong hand, and my family is a strong one with a name we earned. The crest is a long sword vertical over a moorish half moon shield. In Spain, my ancestors killed a lot of moors. A lot.

I'm thinking about a few more, a black rose on my right arm, which is what my father had, as well as a compass rose somewhere, as I'm spending more and more time in "uncharted" territory in both work, and play. Finally, one I start peak bagging, an ice axe.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have five but the two on my chest will eventually be a part of a big chest piece so I guess I have four.

I have modernized male and female cameo skulls on either side of my chest, a rose on my foot with my daughter's name, a treble clef on my hip, and an Alice in Wonderland half sleeve on my left arm that I just got done 7 weeks ago and still needs color. I don't know if it's worth going through the trouble to post photos.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just have one. It may sound silly to some of you but I'd wanted it for years and I'm so glad i finally got it. It's a triforce with Navi flying through the hole in the middle. Getting it felt like torture but it was worth it.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Zilch
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Zilch

GET OUT! :laugh:
  • mazlawton
    mazlawton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi if your interested in tattoos look up watercolor tattoos they are amazing, had mine done in that style no outline and shading looks like the artist painted them straight onto my body, have two Chinese goldfish swimming around my lower back and bum (had to have a cover up done to hide an awful butterfly i had from over twenty years ago after two pregnancies and going up 5 dress sizes looked like it had been hit with the fly swat) and have planned a third to go around my hip and cherry blossoms up my ribs when i,m at my goal weight only 4lb to go. .Great way to commemorate your achievements will post up when there done.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    n1002856006_30245344_5788.jpg
    This was when I was pregnant with my daughter, my first tattoo.

904401_10200249731418284_1783888476_o_zps0a0e6e49.jpg
    My second tattoos

944181_10200761455611069_1135077110_n_zps998ce1bb.jpg
    Hard to see here but my 3rd tattoo and by far the most painful

1606971_10202376034614535_1872169942_n_zps9285b40d.jpg
    My newest tattoo, still needs color and more added.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    hi if your interested in tattoos look up watercolor tattoos they are amazing, had mine done in that style no outline and shading looks like the artist painted them straight onto my body, have two Chinese goldfish swimming around my lower back and bum (had to have a cover up done to hide an awful butterfly i had from over twenty years ago after two pregnancies and going up 5 dress sizes looked like it had been hit with the fly swat) and have planned a third to go around my hip and cherry blossoms up my ribs when i,m at my goal weight only 4lb to go. .Great way to commemorate your achievements will post up when there done.

I love the water color tattoos, but am hesitant to get one because I read that they fade pretty fast. How long have you had yours and have you experienced this?
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    Love Legend of Zelda! :) My Legend of Zelda tattoo is on my left shoulder and I have a matching car vinyl decal that is the same thing on the left side of my back car window. :)