Really hungry at the office

Options
2»

Replies

• bsolada
    bsolada Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this applies to you but I am not a morning person or a person who can eat when they first wake up in the morning. Regardless of the day, I start my morning with chugging some water and a cup of coffee or tea. This helps wake me up and then I have more of an appetite. On my days off I tend to sleep in so I start eat later in the day, whereas on work days I get up at 5:00 AM so I start eating earlier than normal and am just sitting there thinking about hunger vs. being busy doing chores or running errands.

I don't have a solution either but thought this could maybe be why you eat a lot more at work than at home on your days off, I feel your pain!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I had this problem until I decided to split up my lunch into two "meals" - lunch, which is around 12:30, and my afternoon snack, which is around 3:30. My breakfast is at 8:30 and dinner is at 6:30, so the longest amount of time I go during the day without eating is 4 hours. Three out of five workdays, I have my protein shake on the way to work and then my breakfast about 30 min later, so I'm definitely not hungry those days before lunch. This works out great for me and I never get the urge to snack. Since I split my 500 calorie lunch into two 250 calorie "meals," I'm eating the same amount of calories. I make sure both meals have around 20+ g of protein, which is also really helpful for not getting hungry.

As an example, today I had a homemade McDonalds style egg white delight (3 tbsp pourable egg whites, 2 thin slices canadian bacon, .4 oz white cheddar, and an English muffin) with strawberries for lunch and now I'm about to have my snack, one hard-boiled egg, 1 cup of flavored Greek yogurt, and 1 light string cheese. Of course, if your calorie goal is higher than mine, which I'd assume it is since you're a guy, you can eat more at each meal than I do.
  • swyatt42
    swyatt42 Posts: 1
    Options
    Get a bouncy ball chair!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've got a dorm-fridge in my office that has bottled water, greek yogurt, and usually some string cheese in it. I also have protein bars (www.healthsmartfoods.com) in my drawer.

Those usually help me get thru the day at work.

Plus I take laps around the office about once an hour to help relieve stress.