What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I'm looking for suggestions for a SIMPLE breakfast. Something easy to get my metabolism going as I tend to skip out on breakfast and drink coffee all morning.

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I eat pure protein bars because I am not a breakfast eater. It's 200 calories and keeps you full till lunch. They are pretty tasty and have about 5 flavors. They also give you a good amount of protein. You should try them.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    Oatmeal, or this organic Multi-Grain hot cereal from Trader Joe's... that, greek yogurt, and fruit. For something that takes a bit longer I will make some sauteed or steamed veggies with scrambled eggs/egg whites.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love think thin protein bars, they don't have sugar but are yummy, especially the cookies and cream

also oatmeal, sometimes its a packet I make at home and sometimes I get it from Jamba Juice with banana and brown sugar

or 2 hard boiled eggs are nice
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    OATMEAL! Sorry for the caps I am just very enthusiastic about oatmeal, as I hated it growing up. I have since developed quite the taste for it. Quaker True Delights Wild Blueberry Muffin is my fav! Also, yogurt, protein bars (watch out for the sugar), fruit, and hard boiled eggs!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I love think thin protein bars, they don't have sugar but are yummy, especially the cookies and cream

also oatmeal, sometimes its a packet I make at home and sometimes I get it from Jamba Juice with banana and brown sugar

or 2 hard boiled eggs are nice

LOL! We posted very similar things. :)
  • bonniecameron68
    Options
    I don't like eating breakfast but realize how important it is so I eat about 1/2 a cup of yogurt with some crushed walnuts and mix them in. It is healthy for you and tastes good. On other days I may boil up a bunch of eggs and have one for breakfast. there a so many good choices to play with out there, you just have to find what works for you and make it part of your daily eating routine.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I never have time to make breakfest so iIeat a package of instant oatmeal and an 11.5oz can of V8 most mornings. The V8 keeps me full all morning and I get some veggie in.Some days I splurg and eat a breakfast burrito from the cafe at work. 1 6" tortilla, 1 egg scrambles, peppers and onion cooked with 2 tsp pr less of veg oil.
  • joyce185
    Options
    I like Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Biscuts and Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage, Egg and Cheese Cressants , when I have them I feel like I have had something from a Fast Food Restaurant (which is my weakness) . Fast Food Restaurants breakfast are way to high in calories and the Jimmy Deans stuff is half the calories and taste just as good.
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    plain low fat yogurt with mixed fruits and 1 whole wheat waffle.
  • mixmistress508
    Options
    I eat oatmeal almost every day (not the instant kind, but actual rolled oats) and a low fat cheese stick for protein. Fills me up and keeps me going.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Whole Wheat Bagel, 1 Tbsp Fat Free Cream Cheese, 1 Scoop Gold Standard Whey Protein (Chocolate Malt Flavor), 10 oz. water (to mix with protein powder), 5g flaxseed oil (healthy fats).
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - 1/2 cup that I make with almost double the recommended water - I cook it a long time so it doubles in volume so I have a nice BIG bowl. I add 1 tbsp of naturally more peanut butter and either a half of banana or half of an apple. SOOOOOOOO good
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    i cook eggs almost every morning or oatmeal. u might try fruit, toast or a muffin if your not a breakfast person. then again breakfast can be any food, not necessary typical breakfast foods.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I keep either honey nut cheerios or chocolate cheerios at my desk, as well as a bunch of bananas (not the same bananas... that would be weird.) I also have a good supply of oatmeal that I keep at my desk. I switch back and forth between the two.

If I am at home, it is either cheerios or bagel thins. rarely eggs and bacon but sometimes I guess.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I eat either weight control oatmeal, or Special K Protein cereal. I did the Special K diet once, and lost about 30 pounds. Special K for breakfast and lunch, and then a sensible dinner. Good luck with whatever you do.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    I'm looking for suggestions for a SIMPLE breakfast. Something easy to get my metabolism going as I tend to skip out on breakfast and drink coffee all morning.

sounds like my morning but i do drink green tea with a tablespoon of honey and i find these shakes call secure meal and i can stomach that in the morning after i work out but nothing else.
  • fizzyyumyum
    Options
    splenda and cinnamon is nice in porridge if ur not a big fan.....u could make a batch of blueberry muffins in advance...i would use the egg whites, no yolks, low fat splenda and splenda instead of eggs, buttter and sugar
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    oatmeal, banana, toast with a little peanut butter, yogurt, eggs, protein bar :)
  • thesexybitch
    Options
    idk if anyones already mentioned this... but if you are an egg person.. get a carton of egg whites, its only 60 cals for half of a cup, i put olive oil to cook it with tons of seasoning.. omg so good and im so full i dont even need lunch. comes out to like 160 cals w/ ex virgin olive oil.. not bad not bad
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    If I don't get a healthy shot of protein in the morning, I wanna eat all day. I typically poach 2 eggs and combine them with some sort of cheese and low sodium V8. Lately it's been a slice of Swiss with a can of no salt mushrooms, a sprinkle of McCormick Perfect Pinch Mediterranean Herb, and the hot and spicy low sodium V8. (It may sound odd seasoning no salt mushrooms with something with salt in it, but adding back 65mg of sodium is not nearly the evil that buying a 700-800mg of sodium can of mushrooms would be.) I just can't do something like oatmeal. Makes me way too hungry.