Replies

• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I get late 30s a lot.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, people ALWAYS think I'm 12-15. Needless to say, I'll have a love life at some point in my late 40s when I finally catch up.
  • blond_giraffe
    Options
    I'm 27 but people usually think that I'm 16 or 17. :frown: The highest guess I've got from a total stranger was 20.
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I get in my mid to late 20s a lot
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Maybe so. But, I do get carded (with the drinking age being 19), and they say to me, "Are you really 19? I need to see two forms of ID." Then when they get my ID they crack up and say, "Wow, I was not expecting that. You must be feeling really good right now that I carded you." (because I'm 36). When I go places with my kids they give me raffle tickets intended for kids because they think I am their older teenage sister. When I am off dancing, people ask me where I am attending college, and they are concerned when I say I'm not in school. Then I tell them it's because I graduated 14 years ago and I'm 36, and they say, "No, you aren't!!!" When I am out with my kids, strangers regularly say to me, "Those can't be your kids!" And then we have to get into a conversation about it because they don't understand how they can be my kids, then they think I became a mom at some crazy young age. That will happen lots of places and especially when I'm in a bikini. So, it happens a lot and in a clearly genuine way. Even times when I've been at the doctors or in the hospital and nurses came in, they have thought I was a teenager or 10 years younger. I do think it may be partially influenced by my being very petite and small. But, everyone in my family looks young and lives well into their nineties with excellent physical strength and dancing ability. And I have always lived a healthy lifestyle. And I didn't drink for over a decade and now only one drink a few times a month at most. When I take my kids to school, people will comment on me being a younger mom. I am young, but then they clearly think I'm younger by the things they say (not realizing that I'm not much younger than they are). I'm sure at some point it could catch up with me. Everyone that sees me from high school says that I haven't aged. I don't think I look as young as people think I am, and I know I look older than I did when I was younger (back when I was in my twenties and people thought I was 13). But, they clearly do. I also think I look older with my new haircut. When I was younger I hated it and actually felt really bad about it. People would say that I would love it when I was older. I didn't believe them. But, they were right. I do love it now and even find it hard to believe. I don't think I look as young as people think I am, but on the other hand I really don't feel 36 either.

I have stories too that people are almost dumbfounded to learn that I'm 49. They don't believe me and ask to see my ID. These are people I work with or acquaintances that I've met recently. It happens a lot but hey think I'm mid-30's and are blown away that I'm 49. I think I look my age, for the most part, but I certainly don't act my age at all. And, if I'm hanging with a bunch of 50-year-old men, I definitely don't fit in. I tend to hang out with younger people. The only reason is that I fit in with them. I'm active like they are. I dunno. Like I said, I think it's more in your attitude and how you act than in how you look. Part of it too is I don't look like I swallowed a bowling ball. So, I think that has something to do with it as well.

I didn't think you were 49. You look very happy in your photo. I agree about the attitude. I am energetic and playful with my kids, but also soft spoken (which I guess presents a kind of innocence and youth).
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Usually about 18. I'm 25. . . :\
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    People are not typically specific but most people do seem surprised to find out my age. I have heard a few say 20's but i assume they are are being too nice or they are delusional.:laugh: On one hand my friend's father was astonished to find out I was in my 40s and on another I was recently asked if my younger children were mine or my grandchildren. :grumble: (In that guy's defense he knows I have adult children.)
    Yeah, uhm, I'm going to need to see some ID, young lady. You do not look a day past 20.

Ha, ha. Thanks. :flowerforyou: This thread reminded me of when I was pregnant with my second child and I mean HUGE pregnant at 21 and the neighbors mother said to me, "You don't look a day over 12." I about died. It is not always a compliment, lol. :ohwell:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    People are not typically specific but most people do seem surprised to find out my age. I have heard a few say 20's but i assume they are are being too nice or they are delusional.:laugh: On one hand my friend's father was astonished to find out I was in my 40s and on another I was recently asked if my younger children were mine or my grandchildren. :grumble: (In that guy's defense he knows I have adult children.)
    Yeah, uhm, I'm going to need to see some ID, young lady. You do not look a day past 20.

Ha, ha. Thanks. :flowerforyou: This thread reminded me of when I was pregnant with my second child and I mean HUGE pregnant at 21 and the neighbors mother said to me, "You don't look a day over 12." I about died. It is not always a compliment, lol. :ohwell:
    Oh god.. I wouldn't know where to hide my face after that, even if it's just a comment with no basis behind it haha >.<
    12! Wow XD
  • fatsmaher
    fatsmaher Posts: 19
    Options
    How old do people think you are?

you didn't tell us how old people think you are!
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and I have been to the dentist a few days ago. Broken 2 teeth as a child because of a fall. Told the dentist the crown has been in place for 20 years. She told me I'm don't have the age... lol, she wasn't being polite, she really believed it.
    Sorry, sometimes I just get pissed of being confused for a kid :angry: :angry: :huh: :huh: :angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble:
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    people think I'm in my 20s--- I'll take it!!! :bigsmile:
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at the gym, someone asked me if I had just graduated from high school.

I said that I hope people think I look 75 when I am 84.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person. I've had some people tell me I look early twenties, others tell me mid-30's.

I'm 27. :sad:
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hear early 30's and I'll be 50 next year! WHEW WHOOOO:smile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Then I tell them it's because I graduated 14 years ago and I'm 36, and they say, "No, you aren't!!!"

I also graduated from college 14 years ago (though I am 37) and I LOVE telling people that. I know it's obnoxious, and it's not because I look young, but around here most women seem to do the marriage/kids thing right after high school and then go to college later in their 20s/30s so I get a thrill out of that smug little thing of "oh no I finished my degree 14 years ago".

I guess that's more of a confession though! And I am proud of my friends who have pursued education later, too. I just like that little zinger of "no I'm not a student there...I graduated 14 years ago..." when people ask. And they ALWAYS ask because I have alumni logo stuff.
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    People typically think Im older than I am ( :sad: ) but it always seems to be related to the fact that I have 4 kids... I guess 32 with a bunch of kids is weird?
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I get anywhere from 24 to 36... Someone said younger but they must have been drunk.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    People usually think I look younger than I am. Which is good, because I definitely don't want to look my age.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    People suck at guessing ages. I used to bartend, so I'm pretty good at it thanks to seeing so many IDs and comparing them to people, but in general it's not something that most people do accurately.

Plus, some people are trying to compliment (or insult...) you in a weird, misplaced way.

When I'm not wearing makeup, people tend to act astonished that I'm old enough to buy alcohol (it's 18 here, I'm 27.) My ID gets scrutinized a lot.

My coworkers tend to be surprised that I'm as old as I am as well, but they are all considerably older than I am so I think it's harder for them to judge accurately. They just think "oh, young."

I have a very chubby face even though I'm fairly thin, so I think that goes a long way towards me looking young. Babyfat cheeks, you know?