How do you get turkey bacon crispy?

Options

Replies

• crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bake in oven for 12 to 15 mins at 400 spray a cookie sheet with pam spray or generic version and maybe flip half through cooking but I dont bother and its fine.
    Yes! Baking it n the oven is the best! I don't cook my bacon any other way anymore!! I don't flip it and do 350 for 20 min, but basically the same idea. I don't even use Pam. I make a big batch and reheat each mowning in the micro.
    Wow, did I really just type 'mowning'?! Lmbo!!!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I vote with the microwave crowd! Just get a pan made for the microwave, 1 minute or so per slice!
  • kadeebeen
    Options
    I microwave it. It's always crispy

Oh my gosh, it came out perfect! I was testing different theories and split a package between microwave, skillet, and oven and the crispiest was the microwave. Weird!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I actually like mine a little soft, and I prefer Oscar Meyer.
  • dennybhoy1888
    dennybhoy1888 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    step one open turkey bacon
    STEP TWO pat dry
    step three bin this crap and eat real bacon

;)
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I used Eating Right Turkey Bacon and cooked it in the oven. It got REALLY dark, but did not taste burned and it was crunchy.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,702 Member
    Options
    I microwave turkey salami in some paper towels, and it comes out very crisp.
  • ThatOneGuy90
    ThatOneGuy90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat turkey bacon almost daily with my breakfast, and I love it crispy! Although, I haven't tried microwaving it... I put the turkey bacon on a nonstick pan over medium-low heat, and flip it every couple minutes. It takes a good amount of time (my roommate calls it "60 minute bacon"), so it's always the first thing I get started. It probably takes about 15 minutes, but I've never really timed it. Plus I'm normally doing other things while it's cooking like preparing my eggs, toast, etc. The trick to get it crispy is to continue cooking it without burning it... Hence, the low heat, and frequent flips. When I take it out of the pan it still bends a bit, but after a minute of cooling off, I have delicious, crispy turkey bacon!
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I use jenny-o as well and do it in the oven. It is a FINE line between the cook time and crispy to over cooked. But i do mine crispy all the time. Just have to keep an eye on it
  • basowner
    basowner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    paper towels in the microwave. crispy every time!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I eat Jennie-o maple turkey bacon and cannot get to crisp on the pan, but microwave with paper towels seems to work. Just be careful not to burn it. I actually don't mind if its not crispy, I eat it more for the flavor than the texture. A slice or two is a good addition to many sandwich combinations.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon does make a good sandwich! Especially with lettuce and tomato.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always microwave it....2-3 minutes for 2 slices...and it comes out crispy (I let it sit for a couple of minutes after nuking it and before eating it).
  • Lindsayryk
    Lindsayryk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    One of the ONLY things I've found that has no acceptable substitute. I burnt the heck out of it because it never changed colors lol. Sick
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    bake in oven for 12 to 15 mins at 400 spray a cookie sheet with pam spray or generic version and maybe flip half through cooking but I dont bother and its fine.
    Yes! Baking it n the oven is the best! I don't cook my bacon any other way anymore!! I don't flip it and do 350 for 20 min, but basically the same idea. I don't even use Pam. I make a big batch and reheat each mowning in the micro.

i don't eat turkey bacon but i love real bacon. I normally microwave it and it works perfectly, but it seems to get messy even if i layer a lot of paper towels to try to catch the grease....

So today i decided to try the oven baked method on some thick cut bacon. I put it on 375 for about 22-23 minutes and it came out really good, right between crispy & chewy. kind of like jerky but with a crisp to it. i wanted it to get a wee bit crispier but took it out because the very ends were starting to look like they might start burning. i'm thinking using 350 for a longer length of time would solve that problem. in the meantime i have some of today's batch left in a baggie in the fridge, hopefully when i nuke it to re-heat it will give it that extra crisp.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    In just to say that "turkey bacon" ISN'T BACON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I either use my Foreman grill or the oven. Both will get it crispy, but the oven does the best job. I put it under the broiler. It will cook very fast, so don't forget about it unless you want burnt turkey bacon
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Works very well as dog treats, though.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    DEFINATELY microwave between 2 paper towels about 1 minute/ slice.. Perfect for blts.. Yum
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Works very well as dog treats, though.

my cats won't go near it