Is anyone else doing 1400-1600 calories?

Options

Replies

• picklesroofus
    picklesroofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 but my own goal is 1400
    I eat around 1300 - 1500 a day
    Open diary
    Day #80 here I come .. feel free to add me
  • SisterMable
    SisterMable Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's my goal too. Feel free to check out my diary :)
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im on 1500 add me :)
  • wriri7_x
    wriri7_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am aiming for 1400 a day and I have 33 lbs to lose.
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i'm at 1510. calculated by IIFYM calculator. I don't eat my exercise calories back.

I don't log all the time, because I eat almost the same everyday... but feel free to add me :)
  • anniemac66
    Options
    Hi

I never aim to eat below 1600, I frequently do but usually it's more by accident than by design. After years of yo-yoing on strict 1200-1400 I've found this works for me. I know that if I have a day when I'm starving all day then I still have enough in reserve to eat well and not feel that I've lapsed.
    I also try not to eat my exercise calories so that's bonus weight loss. Please note the word TRY!!
  • Synthemesc94
    Options
    Hey, I eat 1450 calories a day and work out 4 times a week (strength training). I do not eat my exercise calories back because I used the IIFYM calculator that already takes your amount of exercise into the calculation.
    My goal is to lose weight, though it's tough for me I'm at 161cm and 52kgs… Feel free to add me, i'd be happy!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    My 'official' starting # is 1450 a day, based on 1 pound weight loss goal. In general I aim for 1400-1600 with occasional high days. By high I don't mean eat anything in sight, but closer to maintenance (so +500 or so). I'm 39, female, and now 154. Lost close to 25 since Christmas, and heading for 140 or thereabouts. I'm 5' 5.5". This calorie range works well for me - I try to get in more 5 or so fruits, veggies per day. Don't avoid any particular foods, weigh all, count all.
  • mahogony07
    Options
    I am doing around 1400 to 1500 with a once a week cheat meal (Sunday dinner). My carbs are pretty high right now and protein is low. Giving myself a break from the protein overload I've done for the last two years. It's good to be good to your body. :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    MFP just dropped me down to 1400 (most recently, it was 1410, then 1460, then 1560). I usually eat back my exercise calories, unless I work out at the end of the day.

If you (or anyone else) adds me, please add a note about why (i.e. same calories goals, also a vegetarian, etc).
  • pattycakes10117
    pattycakes10117 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :smile: Mine is 1400.
    I have been lacking on working at myself...........losing weight. I can see the results of that in many areas of my body. We are coming up on Easter, food,....then May 1 is vacation so that is when I will be watchful. I will be back on track on May 12. I hope.
    This is so hard....and endless.:cry:
  • pattycakes10117
    pattycakes10117 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :cry: Looking at all my old posts..............I THINK I AM A FRUSTRATED DIETER!!!!!

NEED HELP I THINK.
  • josiemarie982
    josiemarie982 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    mine is 1440 but eat around 1200 feel free to add me
  • Lanisha22
    Options
    New to the site! I'm at 1660 calories! Feel free to add me! I new the encouragement
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    MFP guided me to 1490 and I am losing a kilo a week at that. Never get anywhere near the 1490 ...just too much food. I excerise about 45 to 60 minutes a day maily walking but with some shallow water walking
  • cmglass10
    cmglass10 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm on a 1600 calorie a day. Sometimes I'm under sometimes I'm a little over. But I'm usually around there, Anything really under that I feel like I'm starving myself. Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • caddy365
    caddy365 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi there,

I have been doing 1500 a day for a few months and I watch the kinds of carbs that are part of that. It works pretty well for me. I am usually under during the week and over on weekends, but don't sweat the details much. I am not into a lot of trendy stuff, just basic food. I don't eat red meat...but anything else is OK.
    Invite me if you would like to.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1710 feel free to add if you would like :)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just started maintenance at 1500 if anyone is interested or on a similar path after losing the weight
  • musicismymotivation
    Options
    Im at 1400 and I have about 15lbs until I reach my ultimate goal weight. Feel free to add me!!