2 Reasons why Insanity is USELESS and DANGEROUS

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    In for judgmental attitudes and negativity...

In because the title had a couple CAPPED WORDS.

But the emphasis makes it more LEGIT... right?

yes, but IT'S more fun TO cap THE words needing no emphasis

Well THIS concept ACTUALLY sounds like IT could be tons OF fun.

How about juSt caPping ranDOM letters?

Just caPPing RANdom LeTTers wILL gIvE me a hEAdAcHe...
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I always wondered what people were going on about on here, Insanity this and Insanity that...then I saw an ad in a magazine this weekend for it, a bunch of discs and booklets...screams HSN fad to me. F that noise.

Oh yeah, the number of DVDs and huge push to buy their "nutrition plan" are what kept me from buying it, but I'm also bored with my gym so I just...came across it online...and now I'll see how useless it actually is.

Yay cardio!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    From the Desk of Vince Delmonte

Blah, blah, blah.

Vince Delmonte

Vince Delmonte:
    Expert Super Fitness Astronaut, Supermodel, All Around Great Guy/Girl ~ Whatever. Plus, did I mention, Expert?

betterbody.png~original

AND he has a DESK ..
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think you can change quickly. I had this friend Elsa, that just let it go and then she looked completely different.

27xhrfb.jpg
  • mestop1
    mestop1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    90 days IS long enough to form healty habits.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Oh great. Vince Delmonte has decided to clean the crap of his desk and leave it with us again.

QFT

His assistant is off today.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Blah, blah, blah.

Vince Delmonte

Vince Delmonte:
    Expert Super Fitness Astronaut, Supermodel, All Around Great Guy/Girl ~ Whatever. Plus, did I mention, Expert?

betterbody.png~original

AND he has a DESK ..

IT has a desk. IT.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh great. Vince Delmonte has decided to clean the crap of his desk and leave it with us again.

QFT

His assistant is off today.

IT'S assistant is off today. IT'S.
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Insanity has done wonders for me. Is it a fast total body makeover miracle? No....but....has my overall strength increased? Very much so. Have I noticed any other improvements? You betcha. It works for me so I don't consider it a waste of money. To each their own, but personally I love it.

By the way, why does your profile have you listed as a female? Not judging, just curious.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Can we report this guy for "advertisement/spam" or "self-promotion" or whatever?

I mean, he hasn't tried to sell us anything, but he flaunts his name around as if its an actual "brand" name.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options

I don't think obese people should be doing Insanity in the first place. It's much too advanced.

You realise its possible to be obese and pretty damn fit?! I'm obese and my longest race to date is 30k (18.6 miles), I've just got back from my running club having done 7.5miles tonight, this morning I was at the gym doing an upper body weights session, lunch time I did a brisk 1.5mile walk. Insanity was fine, just didn't really float my boat as much as running does but it wasn't 'much too advanced'! I started this lifestyle change morbidly obese just over a year ago and have built up my fitness as my weight has dropped. I'm betting obese me could kick the butt at Insanity or pretty much any cardio of a skinny couch potato.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Insanity has done wonders for me. Is it a fast total body makeover miracle? No....but....has my overall strength increased? Very much so. Have I noticed any other improvements? You betcha. It works for me so I don't consider it a waste of money. To each their own, but personally I love it.

By the way, why does your profile have you listed as a female? Not judging, just curious.

in terms of fat loss, the claim that you get a years worth of results in 60 days obviously can't be true.

but you may very well condense a years worth of CONDITIONING into 60 days, especially compared to what i used to do for cardio at the gym
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oh... and is anyone else amused that OP claims that obese people can't lose 100 lbs in 3 months, but that his skinny behind gained 41 lbs of muscle in 6 months?
  • Lost_Zen
    Lost_Zen Posts: 20
    Options
    I think you can change quickly. I had this friend Elsa, that just let it go and then she looked completely different.

27xhrfb.jpg

:laugh: :drinker:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

I don't think obese people should be doing Insanity in the first place. It's much too advanced.

You realise its possible to be obese and pretty damn fit?! I'm obese and my longest race to date is 30k (18.6 miles), I've just got back from my running club having done 7.5miles tonight, this morning I was at the gym doing an upper body weights session, lunch time I did a brisk 1.5mile walk. Insanity was fine, just didn't really float my boat as much as running does but it wasn't 'much too advanced'! I started this lifestyle change morbidly obese just over a year ago and have built up my fitness as my weight has dropped. I'm betting obese me could kick the butt at Insanity or pretty much any cardio of a skinny couch potato.

look at defensive line men in the NFL, or even some Guards
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    In for some guy telling me the programs that got me moving & loving exercise are actually bad for me.
  • Lost_Zen
    Lost_Zen Posts: 20
    Options
    Oh... and is anyone else amused that OP claims that obese people can't lose 100 lbs in 3 months, but that his skinny behind gained 41 lbs of muscle in 6 months?

He said it, so that means I read it on the internet....must be true!:wink:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Who is Vince Delmonte and why should I care what he says? Is he some fitness blogger!?

Is he any relation to the Del Monte fruit folks?

Because he seems to be a real peach. :noway:

ETA: Oh wait, he wrote a book. And has a website. If only I weren't at work, I would...

<insert Spam gif here>
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yes you did read correctly Insanity and all other Beachbody related products are dangerous and a waste of time and money .

1) People want to lose weight too quickly its impossible to lose that much weight in such a short period of time before your body goes into "rebound affect " and gains it all back . Successful weight loss is a long term effort not a stupid quick fix like Insanity. Obese people want to buy their health hoping for a quick return rather than putting in the work more in the longterm .

2) Its bad for your joints especially your knees !

Fat loss is a long term solutions you average americans want to shift 100 lbs of fat in 3 month it aint gunna happen its a commitment for life not 3 months

Vince Delmonte

:noway: