People in their 20s trying to lose weight ?

Options

Replies

• kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and a proud mama. Have lose 81lbs, looking to lose about 10lbs more and get a some more tone.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • chubbybunnybegone
    Options
    Hi I am Samaira. I am 5'1.5" and was 264 at my heaviest and now weight 133. My BMI is still on overweight and I am trying to get down to 110-120, the ideal weight for my height. Have been stuck in the 130s for some time now and it gets frustrating. I usually eat around 1200 calories, get 4-5 days of hour long workouts. Any tips or tricks for my last 10 pounds??

I'm going to lay some science on you- my trainer helped me with this and it's work so far so I'm sharing it!

A good place to start is making sure you don't dip below your BMR because your body tends to put itself in starvation mode if you go under that- your BMR is the basic amount of calories you need in your body to sustain your organs and everything. I would recommend calculating your BMR with this: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ and then determine your daily caloric need with this: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/ then you would take the daily caloric need for you, times if by 7 (for 7 days in a week) and if you're looking to lose one pound a week subtract 3500 (the amount of calories in one pounds) from your weekly total. If you must lose 2lbs a week then subtract 7000 from your weekly amount.

LETS DO MATH!!!! So, my BMR is 1500, and I have a moderately active lifestyle as I leisurely walk my dog 7 days a week and I work out at least three days. So my daily caloric need is 2325 to maintain my current weight. Which is 16,275 calories a week. Whoa! If I wanted to lose one pound a week I would need to eat 12,775 and if I wanted to lose 2lbs a week I should eat 9,275 a week. And when I divide that by 7..... *drumroll* it means I should eat about 1325- 1825 a day in order to lose 1-2lbs a week.

Another thing you can add is shorter higher intensity work outs. My trainer keeps telling me that none of my workouts should exceed 25 minutes but I should be really pushing myself. I do 30 minute bootcamp like workouts- we set up 6 stations (box jumps, rowing, crunches, squats, kettleball swings and jump ropes was my most recent) and I do as many of the exercise I can in one minute. I get 15 seconds of rest between each round, when I finish all six I get 30 seconds. I do the circuit 3 times. Then I stretch to cool down.

Hope this helps anyone who reads it! I only just started to lose weight again on 4/1/13 and I'm down 5lbs so far with the above. I should note also that I took out as many processed foods as I could- feel free to add me!
  • paveni
    paveni Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    21 ! Slowly but steadily losing the pounds! Feel free to add :)!
  • karilynng
    karilynng Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 22! My start weight is 262 & currently at 258 (been having set backs but I'm back on track!)
    Also I'm 5"3 :)
  • TiarraJ926
    Options
    I am 23, ....please feel free to add. :)
  • MulhamSh
    MulhamSh Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi i'm 24 yeas old
    i started 6 months ago and i lost 59 pounds so far
    Feel free to add Me
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    23 here, add away!
  • J_adoreDior_
    J_adoreDior_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    25, currently 186... started last year, lost 34... goal is 50-60 total... add me =]
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you now! I'm 23 and have a long term goal of losing 50 lbs, but more importantly just want to be happier, healthier and more confident!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hello wonderful people, I just turned 26 and still not in control of my weight! I joined this site to seek some motivation and guidance from people who are in my situation. I already lost 50lbs a couple years ago, kept it off all through 2yrs of college and now have been up and down 15lbs since. Every time it starts getting cold outside I stay in bed in the mornings and never go to the gym. Hence why I have been yo-yoing so much the past years. I know, excuses! :) I love new recipes and motivating pictures. Some of my favorite healthy foods are: mushrooms, spinach, avocados, salmon, chicken, grapefruits, bananas, peaches, strawberries, and occasionally some CHEESE. I hate those "get on floor" boot camp style workouts. I would much rather just run/elliptical and do some light weights. I don't only workout for loosing weight but also for some old fashion stress relieve. BTW, TheBerry lover!

Think we have some things in common? Add me! I would love to make some friends to chat and philosophy about our journeys.

Cheers! -Juliana
  • lLionMindl
    lLionMindl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    23... feel free to add :)
  • joan_xo
    joan_xo Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 22, I live in the Uk and when I started this journey I was 254pounds and I currently weigh 221 pounds. I'm looking to lose another 80-90 pounds!

Feel free to add me! :)
    I could really do with some more MFP friends so we can encourage each other :)
  • Sunseeker1990
    Sunseeker1990 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm 23 and trying to lose 14lbs.

Any encouragement is appreciative as I need to push!
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 23 and I have 5 lbs to go. So far I've been good at logging, hopefully I can stay on the wagon.
  • tlaknat
    tlaknat Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello add me any one who is overweight. Would love to have some motivation on my journey
  • krw1989
    krw1989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I turn 25 next month, and I'd love to have some more MFP friends. :) Please add if you'd like encouragement and support!
  • MistuhBeefMan
    Options
    Im 24 so far Ive lost 100 lbs in 6 years and have a fe more left.
  • SweetMaryAngel
    Options
    Will be 20 in 2months! looking to lose 15pounds and looking for friends to stay accountable with .Been logging for almost a week straight. I'm new here but I plan to commit for the long haul :)
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    21 and just about 5'5.

I run 5-10 miles, 5 times a week and am beginning weight lifting!
    Only have about 15-17 pounds left to lose.
    I love having new friends!!

So, feel free to add!
  • Bluemountain22
    Bluemountain22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    23 and from the UK- feel free to add :)