How long did it take you to lose your first 10 lbs?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    48 days from 198 to 188 lbs. I am at maintenance now ... that was back in Oct / Nov of last year.

Just keep to the plan .. and you will get there. ;-)
  • 1swolpanda
    1swolpanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    45 lbs in 3 months when i first started
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Mine is going fairly quick also, but I think the bigger you start out, the more you lose in the beginning. I am taking in 1270 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week, and have lost almost 7 pounds in a week and a half. :flowerforyou:

You only have 22 pounds to lose. You shouldn't be set to 2 pounds per week. No need to starve yourself
  • detarrevo
    detarrevo Posts: 45
    Options
    It took me about 3 weeks to lose 10 pounds.
  • nicupson
    nicupson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Frustratingly slow. 15 pounds in about 15 weeks. So about a pound a week. Though "they" say this is safe/healthy way to lose weight and keep it off. (We'll see).
  • coconuttjd
    Options
    Curious to hear of everyone's successes and rate at which you lost your initial 10lbs (or more!) as I feel like my weight loss is fairly slow... I average about 2400 burned calories a day, with no exercise included - just a normal day at work. I've been eating approximately 1600-1700 calories a day (hoping for 1.5ish loss a week) and haven't really seen great changes. My exercise is weight training 2-3 days a week and 3-4 days of the week walking/jogging intervals for a minimum of 2 miles.

For those who had a slower/stubborn start, did you change anything more to your initial changes to kick it into higher gear? Or did you stay with your new changes long enough to see the weight start dropping?

3 weeks to lose my first 10 to 12 lbs.

I maintained a loss of 3.5 lbs. per week for the first 3 months. Things slowed down after 4 months when I switched my workouts to include strength training and I increased my calories to compensate for the new workout. It took me about 3 months to lose the next 10 lbs. but during that time I slimmed down significantly even though my weight barely changed.

I've lowered my calories again and am continuing the strength training and have increased my cardio intensity and am again losing weight, now at a pace of about 1.5 to 2 lbs. per week since the change up.

The best thing I can say is that you should set yourself some easy milestones and don't pay too much attention to the scale when it reverses and goes up. Weight fluctuates. A lot. Stay in a deficit and don't get discouraged and slowly but surely the weight will go down. Take lots of pictures so you can "see" the changes over time.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do I win for slowest? 3 months. And I'm still a little iffy (one week I'm under, one week I'm over).
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have lost ten pounds in 42 days. Averages out 1.6 pounds a week.
  • bjstru
    bjstru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    40 days of logging in MFP. 5 lbs lost. I am only counting calories at this point. However, I am slowly going to incorporate exercise into my routine once I have fully incorporated daily logging. I hope this helps.
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost ten pounds yet, but I'm on track to hit that milestone at the three month mark (middle of May). I started out at a healthy BMI (23ish) and my ultimate goal is only 20 pounds down, so I don't much to lose. I set MFP to lose 1 pound a week, but so far it's been more like .75 pounds a week, because I'm not that strict about exercise or neurotic about being under my calories every single day.
  • sneakydrk
    Options
    I started about 3 weeks ago with a starting weight of 290. Lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks but didn't lose any weight last week.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Curious to hear of everyone's successes and rate at which you lost your initial 10lbs (or more!) as I feel like my weight loss is fairly slow... I average about 2400 burned calories a day, with no exercise included - just a normal day at work. I've been eating approximately 1600-1700 calories a day (hoping for 1.5ish loss a week) and haven't really seen great changes. My exercise is weight training 2-3 days a week and 3-4 days of the week walking/jogging intervals for a minimum of 2 miles.

For those who had a slower/stubborn start, did you change anything more to your initial changes to kick it into higher gear? Or did you stay with your new changes long enough to see the weight start dropping?

I'm with you! The scales is not my friend. One day I'm 191 and the next 196 and the next 194. I exercise or walk daily and stay within my calories and pretty close to macros. I wish I was one of those that could see a difference on the scales weekly. The last time I tried this plan, I went almost 4 months and lost nothing then all of a sudden I lost 6# in one week doing the same thing. I guess it just takes our body time to know we mean business. :(
  • drattedfatbody52
    Options
    It took me a month from 2/1 to 3/1 to lose 10 lbs. I had set my calories to lose two pounds a week w/ exercise on Saturday and Sunday w/ my two scheduled Zumba classes but I started going to do circuit training M/W/F before work as well in order to get this to happen.

About two to three years ago I made a similar effort and lost only 19 lbs in three months and could never lose another pound for the following two months. At that point I was discouraged and disgusted and quit my effort.

I'm not letting myself quit this time. I want to be different and change for the rest of my life. I wish I had figured this out two decades ago. Hang in there and keep on keeping on. Change things up, try different ways of addressing whatever is a factor for you in your weight challenge.
  • drattedfatbody52
    Options
    Dear Kerricus, I love your comment in your box! What a great thing to consider! That in and of itself is inspirational.
  • Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • dramamime
    dramamime Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Two months. I have lost exactly 5 pounds a month since I started losing weight in September. Not sure how I managed it as I haven't been 'on plan' all that time, consistent inconsistency I guess!
  • kittley
    kittley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have my MFP goal set to lose .5 lbs/week and have lost my first 10 lbs as of this week so took about 2 months. Aiming to lose another 20 lbs ( ideally by end of August!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!