5"5 ladies.. what is your ideal weight

Options
Right now I'm @ 146 lbs and going for 125-130... Also what is your time frame for your weight loss?
I'm trying to reach my goal by September...

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 118 (and have maintained for a year) but I've got a small frame and am considering dropping another five or so before summer just to see what it looks like.
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    5'5" and my "ideal" weight is 125. I use quotation marks because my weight has never been so low in my adult life :) I was once 129, and it was FANTASTIC.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 130. I would love to be below 125.
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm @ 146 lbs and going for 125-130... Also what is your time frame for your weight loss?
    I'm trying to reach my goal by September...

I'd say 4 months is reasonable to drop 15-20 pounds. That's 3.8-5 pounds a month, which is around 1 lb/week. Very sensible. Don't forget to maintain your muscle!
  • DogLoverLiz
    DogLoverLiz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and aiming for 135 at the moment. I weighed around 130-135 in high school and loved how I looked. I don't really have a time frame for when I want to reach it because I don't want to stress about having to lose x number of pounds in x number of days, but hopefully in the next 2-3 months!
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 163 and am aiming for 135ish by September.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I am currently 172 @28% bodyfat so my calculator says I will be at 155 at 20% body fat. So, I guess that's my ideal weight.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My goal number is 140, but I care more about fitting into my goal pant size which is a 6 (cant go smaller, I brused my hip bones on a size 4 once in highschool).

I lift heavy weights so my weight isnt as much as a concern for me because I know that I could LOOK smaller than someone my height who may be 10 pounds lighter than me.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking somewhere between 55 and 60 kilos should be ok for me.
  • ticribbs
    ticribbs Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    125 is my ideal weight. I was that size about five years ago and it was comfortable. For a minute I got down to 117 but I looked sickly. I have a medium build, right now I'm 136 abs in size 4 pants.
  • lf4179
    lf4179 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 147 right now. I would love to get down to 125. The closest I ever got once after my 2nd child was 127 and I know I still wanted to lose a tad more. I think I would be happy at 125 but if not I can't think any less than 120. As for time frame, I have been at it for 85 days so far (so roughly 3 months) and I would just like to see what the next 90 days brings me. I would love it if I could go to maintenance. :)
  • nespinosa3
    nespinosa3 Posts: 116
    Options
    Seeing these weights that people post here makes me depressed XD
    I'm 5'5 and goal weight right now is 142-145. The *lowest* I've been was 130 and I just looked ill, so I have no interest in going back to the 130s. I'll just probably stay on the higher range of the "healthy" weights, but it matches my body I think (or I hope)
  • summerbrunette23
    summerbrunette23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 175ish but my goal is somewhere between 135-145. I don't have a set time frame and I'm more concerned about how I feel in and about my body as a goal than the number.
  • VASMA63
    VASMA63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly. I am 5'6 and my goal weight is between 150-160. At 153lbs I was happily in a size 8 and felt fantastic. I have a medium frame, but I definitely am satisfied with a higher weight than most of these people are starting out with! Oy!
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 234 and I don't have a goal weight. I do have a goal size/look/feeling though. I'll know it when I get to it. For me it's about how I look, feel and how fit I am, not a number on a scale.
  • abneeds2lose65
    Options
    In high school I was 151 and looked great but 162 was more my "average" weight. I will truly be satisfied if I get down to 165/size 10
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" right now my goal is around 130 but that will change as I get closer, it may be more or less. I am going to go on how I look/feel when I get there. I am not set on a specific number.

I would like to be at my goal by Christmas.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently 134-136 which I have maintained for a year. My goal weight is 120-125 but I will be thrilled to get below 130 by the end of this year.
  • MaggieMay419
    MaggieMay419 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and the smallest I have been since highschool was 148lbs. I am aiming for 150, but ideally, I'd be happy with anywhere from 145-160. My ultimate goal is to fit into a dress I wore a few years ago that I absolutely love. I'll never be below a size 9/10 in jeans becuase of my butt. Even when I was 125 in highschool I had to wear that size! My a** never dissappears! =)
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I'm a little taller than 5'5"...5'5.5" but my current weight is 155 and I'm a size 10. Ideally I'd like to weigh 135-140 which would probably be a 6 or an 8.