Desserts that won't blow your food plan for the whole day?

Options

Replies

• Krista40in14
    Krista40in14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.oneingredientchef.com/one-ingredient-ice-cream/

Try making this "ice cream" with a banana! Yum!
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i wait till the end of the day to see how many i have left. some days i can go full on dq blizzard, some days i dont get anything. today i'm gonna get a small sundae after the kids go to bed.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is to take a skinny cow truffle ice cream bar, take it off the stick and put in in a bowl. I take 100 calories Keebler fudge stripe cookies, and crumble them up into the ice cream. 200 calories. Yum yum.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Life is short and I live for my desserts! I plan my day accordingly and leave dessert out- it must be earned and man alive do I work to earn it!
    I dont want diet desserts, I want the real thing- most nights we have a pie or cake or some kind of fruit cobbler :) if it doesnt fit my calorie budget I swap it out for something lighter or do a run to earn a proper portion :)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    If it's just the sweetness I'm after, fresh mango does it for me. For dessert tonight I had about 70 g of mango and 70 g of strawberries together for about 70 calories total.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I see my affinity for ice cream is shared by many a dieter :smile: . I eat ice cream. If I have the calories for 1/4 cup I have 1/4 cup. After all it's for taste not getting full. If I have 1/2 cups worth I have that. All flavors that are gluten free (celiac) anyway! Cookies don't tend to have a lot of calories even the homemade kind.
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm very happy to have found this thread! You guys are awesome ;).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    one serving of talenti gelato strawberry is 170 calories…..I will take that over jello ...

Soo good! But so tiny!

I know. My first thought. lol

one serving fills the bottom of a bowl …good enough for me ..and with the strawberry you can go serving and a half and only have about 250 cals…

moderation is key
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Chocolate vitatops in the microwave! It's like chocolate cake with chocolate chips in it. Only 100 calories!
    can I get those in walmart or shoprite?
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    one serving of talenti gelato strawberry is 170 calories…..I will take that over jello ...
    You are right, that's not bad all!
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    See: 30 Day Gelato/Ice Cream Cleanse Diet thread. :happy:
  • MissAmulet75
    MissAmulet75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PC greek yogurt frozen bars-- 90 cals a pop BUT They are satisfying--AND I FIND THEM VERY RICH for only 90cals! I also love the fact that they take time to eat-- thus longer time to enjoy!! (Not like a cookie you gobble up--- these take time to eat :) )
    THEY are also a good source of calcium so it's not empty cals :)
    My fave is caramel or mango
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    See: 30 Day Gelato/Ice Cream Cleanse Diet thread. :happy:

^ this...
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Chocolate vitatops in the microwave! It's like chocolate cake with chocolate chips in it. Only 100 calories!
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    just saw on their website that they are available at safeway and walmart, at least in my little town. :smile:
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Not sure about Walmart but they have them in pretty much any grocery store. They're in the frozen food section usually with the waffles and things.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My calorie limit for the day is 1200

Sorry I should have been more specific, I was meaning how many calories would you allocate for dessert? So what calorie limit would dessert be so it won't be considered "blowing your food"?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i mixed cottage cheese with chocolate protein pudding tonight.. sometimes i'll mix it with grapes instead.

I also make protein cakes and top with sugar free jam

Or you can have a jolly rancher if you want candy.

Really you can have anything you want if you "budget right" or exercise more
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    All good ideas. And sometimes just a mini-midgee Tootsie Roll or two will hit the spot for me.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Today I discovered the answer to my prayers asking for a dessert that won't blow my food plan for the whole day. Here it is.....Jello Mousse!!!! Not the little cups in the refrigerated section, the box with the packet that you add milk to. Yum! It was chocolatey, fluffy, and decadent feeling. Yea...I am super excited...can you tell??? I am a dessert lover and have really struggled with my after dinner sweet cravings and while this may do the trick I like some variety in my diet. Does anyone else have any desserts they found that cure that craving that won't leave me eating lettuce the rest of the day?

Chocolate cheesecake. Yum