Bad, bad, bad

Options

Replies

• csontos
    csontos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Uh lets see. Two dunkin donuts bagels with butter for breakfast. Panda Expess's fried rice, orange chicken, and honey walnut shrimp for lunch. Cupcakes for a midafternoon snack. Then 4 McDonald's double cheeseburgers and a large fry for dinner.

This is my eating routine almost every day for about 3 months. It ended March 6th.

I actually really miss it... but oh well.
  • stephaniemarie416
    stephaniemarie416 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I was THAT crazy with my eating habits before consciously trying to improve them. For me it was more a matter of ignorance and poor choices rather than binges or huge portions.

The biggest thing is probably drinks like Starbucks, I thought of a grande white mocha as being just a bit more sugar and calories than a regular cup of coffee from home. So wrong! Or milk...I still like milk, but in the past a serving of milk for me was about 16 oz or maybe even more. I never thought of 1% or 2% milk as being high in calories or something to watch out for.

I also used too much cheese on stuff I made. I always aimed for it to look like restaurant lasagna or restaurant Mexican food...which meant dumping like 2 cups of cheese on whatever I made to split with my ex-husband. Not even realizing I was consuming about a CUP of cheese on my alfredo pasta which already has a lot of fat.

Yesterday for lunch I had a beef & bean frozen burrito from Aldi, not the healthiest thing but they are tasty from time to time. I topped it with a ton of shredded lettuce, 1/2 chopped avocado, and a TBSP of salsa. It was delicious and around 470 calories total for a very filling lunch. About 4 years ago I used to have those a lot...I would have had 2 of the same burritos and topped with shredded cheddar, light sour cream, sliced black olives, and 1/2 cup of Spanish rice. EASILY 1,000 calories. That blows my mind.

I totally agree with this! Other than my soda habit, I really didn't eat terribly, nor did I regularly consume unreasonably large portions at any point in my life. However, I was very ignorant to what was in the food I was eating, which I perceived to not be particularly unhealthy (like you said with the cheese when cooking, and the drinks from Starbucks, etc.- WAY more sugar and fat than I realized). Being aware of what's in everything you eat drink (including sugar, fat, carbs etc. and specific ingredients, not just calories.) is probably the biggest and most helpful change you can make. I will not say that I will NEVER have that Frappuccino and all its 40g of sugar, or a couple slices of super cheesy pizza, but I live by the idea that such a thing should only be treated as an occasional treat.
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school I could (and would frequently) down a double whopper super-sized with a super-sized soda... and still have room afterwards. Not my proudest times!!
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I could eat a whole pan of homemade brownies and wash it down with a 12 pack of Fudgecicles.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was a 12-cup pot of coffee all to myself with cups of sugar and condensed creamer to taste.

Lunch was a 2 litter, $5 pizza and some candy bars.

Then a night sitting outside of 7-11 with a Slurpee, Slim-jims, Wild Turkey, and questionable company.. Good times, bad habits. :smokin:
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Basically just not being aware of the calories I was putting in vs. what was actually going out. I would gorge on all sorts of foods all day and think, "Oh I probably ate about 2000 calories", when in reality I was probably tucking away more like 2500 - 3000 a day.
  • pmr545
    pmr545 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought a cherry pie for the family to enjoy and I ate the entire cherry pie before anyone got home. No one, but me, knew we even had one in the house.
  • andread7644
    andread7644 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would go to Mcdonald's and order a 20 piece chicken nugget, large fry, and a double cheeseburger. For one meal. No. Joke. Being healthy is so much more enjoyable than those lonely nights of stuffing my face with absolute junk!
  • bethcox16
    bethcox16 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i'd eat macdonalds for breakfast, kfc for lunch and dominos for dinner....

or id make myself a snack of a full blown pasta bake...

or eat an ENTIRE large triple chocolate gateau to myself just because i could...

EDIT... and ive just thought... it wasnt even mcdonalds breakfast... id happily eat 'pre' breakfast waiting for the 'real' mcdonalds food to come out so i could enjoy a large big mac meal for breakfast...
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I went years without a workout! Now I cringe on my rest days.
  • Getfit2lookgood
    Getfit2lookgood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Casadilla with cheddar chest and Bob's Thousands Island Dressing...at least 2000 calories
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Downing a 2 liter of Pepsi in one night is not something I have done in years, thankfully. I also stay away from Hostess, Little Debbie, etc. If I want sweets I try to go for the real thing. I also stopped putting ranch dressing on everything. Most importantly, though, I don't turn to food when I'm upset (most of the time). I used to get so upset and then run to food, actually crying while I ate. Very happy I am passed that part of my life.
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    KFC lots of KFC then washing it down with jack Daniels lots of jack Daniels
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Eating half a large pizza on my own.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't turn to food when I'm upset (most of the time). I used to get so upset and then run to food, actually crying while I ate. Very happy I am passed that part of my life.
    This...this is exactly what I would do. Even as I was crying because my mum had called me fat (and ugly) again I would be stuffing my face with chocolate, biscuits, a whole extra large pizza...Definitely glad I am slowly moving away from this habit.
  • LosingItWithGod
    Options
    Binge ate, 7 layer burrito, chicken quesadilla at Taco bell, Wendys burger fries and frosty, Mcdonalds 20 piece nuggets. All at once.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Uh lets see. Two dunkin donuts bagels with butter for breakfast. Panda Expess's fried rice, orange chicken, and honey walnut shrimp for lunch. Cupcakes for a midafternoon snack. Then 4 McDonald's double cheeseburgers and a large fry for dinner.

This is my eating routine almost every day for about 3 months. It ended March 6th.

I actually really miss it... but oh well.

You lost me at the four cheeseburgers from McD's. Other than that, sounds like a great food day.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    that is all
    Caramel+Apple+Grilled+Cheese+Sandwich+with+Bacon+500+4075.jpg

Not enough Bacon for me!
    Jeez, you must be ninja.. I see no bacon on that.