5"5 ladies.. what is your ideal weight

Options

Replies

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My ideal/goal weight is more of a range of 130-150. I have a larger frame so I can't go too low but when I was 145 a very, very long time ago it looked really good on me so I'd like to be in that range again.

As for time frame... since right now I'm at 250 I'm giving myself about 2 years. I have been losing at about 7-10 pounds a month so I figure it'll take a while.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal is 145. I weighed 128 right after college and I looked sickly.
  • karynski
    karynski Posts: 3
    Options
    I would love to be 150 again! I was 130 when i got married and looked too skinny. I think it is whatever you are comfortable with.
  • mchenhoneybadger
    Options
    Currently ~121, goal weight around 112 +/- a couple pounds. I have a tiny, tiny frame, and I start looking chubby around 120+. I've been as low as 108, and it didn't look bad - just not where my body naturally likes to be, so I didn't stay at that weight for long. I got as high as 130 last year, which is when I started counting calories.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    5'-5", currently at 130-135, jeans size 7-8 are getting a little slouchy looking on me. I have my goal set at 125, but when I started it was at 150. I have lowered it by 5-10 lbs each time I've reached it. I have been unintentionally maintaining at this weight for about 6 months now. I would like to say I've been focusing on body fat %, but in truth I've kinda just slacked at properly logging.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm at 210. For many years my setpoint was 140. With a lot of exercise and a lowfat diet I got down as low as the upper 120s if memory serves but I didn't keep it up. In my 40s I was just awful about eating. Now I'm in my 50s and get overwhelmed when I think about losing so much so I am trying to focus on smaller goals. Right now I'd like to drop below 200 by my birthday for example.
  • Kelce4Fit
    Kelce4Fit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I weigh 132 right now. I have a petite frame so my goal weight is 115-120. I've dropped 13lbs in 4 weeks so hopefully another 4 and the last of the weight will come off!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I have a large body frame. My ideal weight is 135 lb, but I would gladly maintain at 150 lb. if most of that was muscle. I'm working on it, slowly but surely.
  • laurie1199
    laurie1199 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5 and my ideal weight is around 125. I am 130 right now, and I'm pretty happy with that because I have been lifting weights a ton and my body composition has changed dramatically. I look very different than I did a year ago (and only about a 5 pound weight difference). I've been as low as 117 and as high as 175-180 (pregnancy) ish, so I think this is a good place for me to stay for a while. I do want to work on dropping body fat and continuing to build muscle though.
  • Kiwi94544
    Kiwi94544 Posts: 23
    Options
    At my absolute skinniest - which wasn't really "skinny" and was about 10 years ago - I was 145. At the time, I was working out 3 times a day and eating healthy 24-7. And I mean 24-7 - holidays, birthdays, vacations, I was diligent. I know 145 sounds on the heavier end of 'healthy' for a 5'5 person, but I have a large frame, wide hips, and muscular legs, and those don't fade away no matter what.

That being said, I feel that anything within 150lbs - 160lbs, on me, would look and feel perfect. At 145lbs, my family actually became concerned, saying I should not lose anymore - which was strange coming from my mother especially, as she's never been one to think there's such a thing as 'too skinny' lol. So I think 150 - 160 would, for me, be ideal.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently 127 lbs and am 52 yrs old. I lost 13 lbs since joining MFP about Feb 7th. I think I have a medium frame - there is nothing petite or small about my bones or frame! I still want to lose a little more as I'm not happy with my midsection, but I'm hoping to start up with toning and weight lifting again (I had to take a 6 week break after surgery). I was able to start running again this week after the break after surgery (I had only been able to walk). I'm hoping that with now being able to do more strenuous exercise again and weight lifting to get down to 125 and see where what I look like at that point. I feel great right now - strong and healthy - but there is room for improvement!
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 I'm currently 146lbs, my goal is 136lbs I lift weights mainly

I'm 5'5.5, started at 148 and my goal is 136! It is rare to find someone else who isn't aiming for a number ending in 0 or 5. :)
  • A6Gom2
    A6Gom2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm 157.2 and my goal is 135 and I'll see if I like it but If I want to lose more I'll probably go for 125
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and have a lot of weight to lose yet but I would like to get down to about 135-140 pounds and safely maintain.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get to 140, but I started out at 240. I'm 168 right now.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and the lowest I can remember being was around 150 in high school. I was a little heavy but I looked good. I think it's probably more an issue of body fat percentage than weight, and my ideal would be around 20% BF. Whatever weight that might be is fine with me.

At this rate, it will take years to get there! haha. I love food too much. :ohwell:
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    5'5.5"
    CGW 139 with 21% bodyfat
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm at 159 right now, and I'm usually pretty happy at 155. It's been my stable weight for the past four years. Lately, curiosity has gotten the best of me and I'm trying for 135 just to see what I'd look like.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Funny how different everyone's body types are at the same height.

I'm 5'5" and 140 and my size 10's are getting loose but size 8's are a squeeze and I don't like to squeeze into my pants... LOL
    My original goal weight was 140 but I am there now and don't feel comfortable yet. So diving back in for another 5# to see if that makes me feel better.

SW 169
    CW 140
    GW ~135
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"...I would LOVE to get down to 140'ish. I have absolutely no desire to fit in a size 3. A size 7 would be fine with me....and I want to keep my hips, thighs and butt intact. I just want to slim down the waist/stomach area and get rid of these saddle bags! UGH