KFC Double Down

Options

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken? Really? I make every effort to avoid anything dunked in boiling oil.
    No cheese sticks? Green tomatoes? Okra? Fritters? Hush puppies?

Id rather die.
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    kfc-doubledown4.jpg

Double Down

610 Calories
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 serving (248 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 610

Calories from Fat 333

Total Fat 37g 57%

Saturated Fat 11g 55%

Cholesterol 150mg 50%

Sodium 1880mg 78%

Potassium 0mg 0%

Carbohydrates 18g 6%

Dietary Fiber 1g 4%

Sugars 1g

Protein 52g
    Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0% · Iron 0%
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    doubledown_hdr1.jpg
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    It's already back. Had one last week. I think it's only ~700cals with a ton of protein, fat, and sodium :)

I've seen from 540 to 610 calories online, I can't find it on their website. It's the 32g of fat and 1380mg of sodium that scares me LOL
  • chmill24
    chmill24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had never looked up the nutritional content until just now regarding KFC's double down and am surprised it is not as bad as I assumed. Mid-500 for calories, while it isn't good, definitely isn't terrible. That's pretty average for fast food. Fat, cholesterol and sodium are high, but its nothing that will kill you if you try it once.

Just based off people's reactions, I had always assumed something in the 1300-1700 calorie range, with triple the fat/cholesterol/sodium. But then I might be watching too much EpicMealTime.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Our local KFC has it on there sign out front this week, sale kicks off Monday and I will be there Monday for lunch!! :drinker:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Just based off people's reactions, I had always assumed something in the 1300-1700 calorie range, with triple the fat/cholesterol/sodium. But then I might be watching too much EpicMealTime.

Without the bread it's so much healthier LOL
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The Double Down has an awesome macro ratio, and is delicious. Just don't plan to move for a couple hours after eating one because it feels like you ate a cinder block.

I love em. My only problem with them is that they're so expensive.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This is the "sandwich" made with two pieces of fried chicken instead of bread, sandwiching bacon and cheese.

How do you make a sammich with chicken pieces? Does. not. Compute.

It's formed into a diamond-ish shape and not like their batter/breaded strips/chicken. It's more like that McNugget texture, and you can get also get it grilled. Just wipe your fingers after and have a full drink before starting it.

oohh. I see.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Uh, no. The Double Down is not processed/chopped+formed chicken like a McNugget. It's whole chicken breast, battered and fried.

It's the same chicken breasts they use on their regular chicken sandwiches.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada and the last time they brought the Double Down back they had to reduce the sodium content. I haven't had one yet. I hear it's amazing but too much for one person? I do however indulge in "breakfast doubledowns" on rare occcasion ...I use 2 baked hashbrown patties, cheddar/marble cheese and turkey bacon.
  • candj2009
    candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Customer Service Rep for one of the production companies that supply KFC with their chicken. ANYTHING you get from there is loaded with sodium. I would swell and retain water just from processing their orders! Also, these promo's made my life hell, always product shortages because they underestimated their projections so we didn't have enough produced and scrambling to make more. Probably why I don't eat there at all......but it does taste good!
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My other half works at KFC in the UK. When he comes home smelling like ear wax from the oil and grease, with rashes all over his hands from the special recipe, you find yourself not wanting it after a while. Best diet motivation ever!
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    kfc-doubledown4.jpg

Double Down

610 Calories
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 serving (248 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 610

Calories from Fat 333

Total Fat 37g 57%

Saturated Fat 11g 55%

Cholesterol 150mg 50%

Sodium 1880mg 78%

Potassium 0mg 0%

Carbohydrates 18g 6%

Dietary Fiber 1g 4%

Sugars 1g

Protein 52g
    Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0% · Iron 0%

Perfect for low carb eating. I'd rather have fried chicken for bread than actual bread anyway.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's just one of those things that keeps MyFitnessPal in business. Don't see anyone rushing to market the new celery-lettuce wrap concoction, with less than 10 calories in it.

I hold the double down up there with the Hamburger that has two Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a bun, I will never EVER want them. If I was to eat it then that'd just be me proving to the world that I deserve to be forever-fat. And by eating those things a person has no excuse for being obese. Oh and fried butter sticks...I mean WTH world? "Huge obesity problem, that's ok, eat this stick of butter coated in corn flakes and flash fried, you'll feel better about yourself with that in your stomach, it's not like we're making you eat it, nobody is holding a gun to your head."
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Before, they were offering a grilled option as well. Is that also back?
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Like others, I am honestly surprised that the calories aren't worse. But wow on that sodium!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    It's just one of those things that keeps MyFitnessPal in business. Don't see anyone rushing to market the new celery-lettuce wrap concoction, with less than 10 calories in it.

I hold the double down up there with the Hamburger that has two Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a bun, I will never EVER want them. If I was to eat it then that'd just be me proving to the world that I deserve to be forever-fat. And by eating those things a person has no excuse for being obese. Oh and fried butter sticks...I mean WTH world? "Huge obesity problem, that's ok, eat this stick of butter coated in corn flakes and flash fried, you'll feel better about yourself with that in your stomach, it's not like we're making you eat it, nobody is holding a gun to your head."

If you think a 600-calorie meal makes people "forever fat" then I feel sorry for you.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Saw the commercial for it last night. Mmmmmmm
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Uh, no. The Double Down is not processed/chopped+formed chicken like a McNugget. It's whole chicken breast, battered and fried.

It's the same chicken breasts they use on their regular chicken sandwiches.

The battering, I meant. Yes, the chicken is real chicken breast. Ooops