Replies

• servicedograiser
    servicedograiser Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    second that ice cream! (fat & protiein)
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was like that yesterday. And my mom always told me something growing up. If you're not hungry, dont eat. Simple as that. If your body is telling you that its content then trust that. One day with low calories is fine. It wont slow your metabolism down. :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    9 fat calories per gram is the way to count your fat calories also 1 gram of fat = 9 fat cals

MFP does all of this automatically if you enter your food.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    K, I am going to make something to eat (Thinking of making a Almond butter sandwich, Small bow of ceral with almond milk, and some sort of a snack on the side) and see where that ends me :)

I think this is the best plan.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    See this is where calorie counting can become less of a tool and more of a noose. If you pigged out last night, you might not be hungry. You need to continue to listen to your body's hunger cues. If over the course of time, you are under-eating regularly, adjust. If not, eat when you are hungry. There will always be that lunch you want to have with friends or a treat you wish you'd budgeted for. If you have the ability to eat intuitively, don't drown it out. Practice it. :flowerforyou:

P.S. I don't think eating a bunch more carbs as you plan is the answer.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    9 fat calories per gram is the way to count your fat calories also 1 gram of fat = 9 fat cals

yea i know that but i dont trust MFP so i add the grams up that way just telling he/ she another way to count fat cals if he/she is counting calories and not the fat too
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    OP is 18.
    I'm appalled at people encouraging this.

please if you can try to eat more. It's ok.

No one is 'encouraging' anything. They are just saying that if this isn't something that happens often, then one day is fine. I have days like that once in a while where I've slept in, ate a decent lunch and then wasn't hungry again until later and ate and then it was time for bed. If it is just a once in a while thing, one day isn't going to hurt anyone. Now, if it was over days and days.. maybe. Or if she wakes up and feels off, she knows to eat something in the future. I know I'd probably eat some ice cream (like I plan on tonight!). But not everyone eats the same and one day isn't the end all be all.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Re appalled person: I'm appalled at people pushing diets on people instead of teaching them how to listen to their bodies. I am a recovering eating disorder sufferer for 30 years and I can tell you my cycle of eating disorders started by messing around with what my body wanted to do naturally.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    K, I am going to make something to eat (Thinking of making a Almond butter sandwich, Small bow of ceral with almond milk, and some sort of a snack on the side) and see where that ends me :)

I think this is the best plan.

Yes. It's ok to be low. That low is a bit of a stretch and you want to feel good tomorrow.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I really try to at least hit the 1200 mark. Maybe make a peanut butter shake with, almond milk, ice, greek yogurt, a banana and a couple tbl spoons of peanut butter. That should raise it up at least 350 cals.

OMG this sounds awesome! I love peanut butter and bananas together! (Could we add a tablespoon of either cocoa or carob powder too?)

sPDWz5K.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

Just supports my wormhole theory.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I look at calories on a weekly basis, not so much a daily basis. I eat a lot sometimes, a little other times. It makes sense that you would be less hungry the day after eating a lot. You don't have to eat "just because". It won't hurt your metabolism to eat less when you just had a lot yesterday.

Of course, I don't know what you mean by " binge".
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options

yea i know that but i dont trust MFP so i add the grams up that way just telling he/ she another way to count fat cals if he/she is counting calories and not the fat too

But if you are logging accurately then the fat calories are already being calucated in your total calories eaten.... You don't have to track fat calories separately unless all your diary entries are somehow missing the fat grams...
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    You eat today for tomorrow. A normal non-restrictive eater may experience subconscious decrease in appetite if they consumed more than they utilized the day before. But if you're under too much today, you will probably feel more ravenous tomorrow!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Two spoons of peanut butter, nom, done, 200 calories in!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like it when people say that as long as the calories are OK at the end of a couple of days or a week then it is OK. Like when people want to go out and really eat heavy during the weekend then it'[s OK to eat light during the week. There are people that are diabetic that CAN NOT do that. They need to be consistent day after day. Just my 2 cents worth
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You might get hungry a little later in the night. If so just eat. Days not over =)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like it when people say that as long as the calories are OK at the end of a couple of days or a week then it is OK. Like when people want to go out and really eat heavy during the weekend then it'[s OK to eat light during the week. There are people that are diabetic that CAN NOT do that. They need to be consistent day after day. Just my 2 cents worth

Well, yeah. But if someone has diabetes, their doctor should have already told them they can't do that. For people who *don't* have medical issues, there's no problem.

There's no reason to assume everyone asking for advice on diet is diabetic any more than there is to assume that everyone asking for advice in the exercise forum has a bad back and can't lift things. If people have special circumstances, it's up to them to reveal them.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There are people that are diabetic that CAN NOT do that.

A small part of the population. This is a General section not a diabetics on insulin or other hypo-inducing meds group.