My 16 week transformation- before and after pics

Options

Replies

• LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Congratulations on everything, keep working hard... Wow!
  • MrsRios
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! Great Job!! what program did you do?

I actually worked with a local personal trainer here in Kansas City at HitchFit gym, I chose to do in person training but they also do online programs all over the world and were voted #1 here. You can google their site and see the before and afters of many of their clients and be truly inspired- August celebrated their 1st year and over 2000 lbs of fat lost. She provided me the meal plan and weight program to use plus 40 min.c ardio daily.

This was total lifestyle change for me and food played a big role in my transformation. I was on a very strict diet plan and I did not cheat. This was a huge change for both myself and my family as we ate out almost every night due to all my kids activities and I ate out every day for lunch. I never ate breakfast either and snacked all day long on junk and soda- no more soda or junk for me.

Here is what my meal plan looked like daily.

Meal 1
    Oatmeal – 105 Calorie Serving
    1 scoop whey protein w/water ( I used Dymatize ISO-100)
    1 tsp. Natural peanut butter (I put mine in my oatmeal)

Meal 2
    4.0 oz. Chicken or 5 oz. fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, fresh spinach, brussel sprouts, edamame, asparagus)
    4.0 oz. sweet potato or brown rice

Meal 3
    4.4 oz. green vegetables
    1 scoop whey protein powder with water
    One medium apple

Meal 4

4.0 oz. chicken or 5 oz. fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables
    Meal 5

4.0 oz. Chicken or 5 oz fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables

So things were considered free foods like bell peppers, cucumbers, and sugar-free jello cups so I could have as many of those as I wanted daily. Pre-workout I would have 3 plain or lightly salted rice cakes or protein drink.

Hope that helps and let me know if I can answer any more questions!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your sweet comments, I appreciate each and every one of them. It's a long road and I know we can all achieve our goals! We just have to BELIEVE in ourselves and make the time to put us first! I am here to support and help anyone I can with their journey as I know what it's like to feel defeated and struggle through!
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    I have a question on the body fat percentages you show on your pictures... those figures seem really high. I'm 160 pounds overweight (currently weighing 272 at 5'4") and my body fat is 47%-- hard to believe yours could be about the same percentage at 191 pounds unless you are really, really short! Your "after" pic also seems like body fat should be in the mid to high 20s at the highest!

Although-- I've heard getting an accurate body fat reading is very difficult, especially if people use calipers.

AWESOME job though, you're a knockout in that red dress! That's a really fast weight loss for being so close to goal. Thanks for sharing your diet.

Becky
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great. It's always great motivation to see the before and after pics.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Let me add my congratulations - you do look awesome and you must be so fit with those workouts! Thank you for sharing your sample meal plans. I was very curious about that after seeing your results. I need to continue to clean up my diet and will definitely be doing so after all holiday madness!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    I have a question on the body fat percentages you show on your pictures... those figures seem really high. I'm 160 pounds overweight (currently weighing 272 at 5'4") and my body fat is 47%-- hard to believe yours could be about the same percentage at 191 pounds unless you are really, really short! Your "after" pic also seems like body fat should be in the mid to high 20s at the highest!

Although-- I've heard getting an accurate body fat reading is very difficult, especially if people use calipers.

AWESOME job though, you're a knockout in that red dress! That's a really fast weight loss for being so close to goal. Thanks for sharing your diet.

Becky

I am actually 5'7". Body fat percentage was the most frustrating part for me as I could not understand why it was not falling as quickly as my other #'s. They did use calipers to measure my tricep, belly, and thigh- I think my overall # started at 144 and ended up around 99 (I think, don't have number in front of me). This body fat figure was what they gave me on chart they used and even though not where I want it to be, it was still a huge success in my book. This is still a goal of mine to get this # down and I don't really know or understand enough about it and wish I did. I can tell you it was really hard for my trainer to get a good reading on my thigh though, it was most stubborn in losing but I think because of the amount of muscle that is there.

Thanks so much for your sweet compliments, red is my fave color!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Your meal plan looks like something that I can do, because it looks like it is satisfying and I wouldn't be hungry. Do you eat all 5 meals everyday? Would you list more of the free foods and why are they "free" Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to share this.
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    Let me add my congratulations - you do look awesome and you must be so fit with those workouts! Thank you for sharing your sample meal plans. I was very curious about that after seeing your results. I need to continue to clean up my diet and will definitely be doing so after all holiday madness!

Thanks so much, happy to share! For drinks I also did water or Crystal light packets in water were allowed. Some days I adapted and maybe had oatmeal in am and pm too. My main change was eating 5x daily and about every 3 hours with last meal being somewhere being between 7-8 pm. Getting enough sleep was also a key factor!

Most times meal #2 was more like a snack:

1 medium apple
    4 oz green veggies
    1 protein drink w/water

Breakfast was also sometimes:

1 cup Special K cereal
    1 cup Skim Milk
    Protein drink w/ water
    1 tsp of Natural peanut butter ( I did this instead of 2 tsps. of olive oil)
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    WoW!!! U look FaBUlouS..... I have to admit it am Jelous... lol! but the good kind of Jealousy, the one that pushes you to do good for yourself kinda jealous.... as U have become my Inspiration to keep on going, so you were doing 40 minutes of cardio everyday plus working out??? Crap! I thought I was doing too much with 3hrs of aerobics bout twice a week.... lol.... Anyways Congratulations TO YOU, I think this has been your best Xmas present from YOU to YOU!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    Your meal plan looks like something that I can do, because it looks like it is satisfying and I wouldn't be hungry. Do you eat all 5 meals everyday? Would you list more of the free foods and why are they "free" Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to share this.

Yes 5 meals daily! At first this was really hard for me as I didn't think I could eat this much, but after awhile it became like clockwork. I was somewhat picky on my veggies and basically only ate broccoli and cauliflower for whole 16 weeks, but she did say green beans were OK just not to eat too much as they were higher in sugar. I was also not a sweet potato fan really so I ate brown rice all the time. I could also sub 100% whole wheat tortillas in place of brown rice or sweet potato.

This is taken from direct email my trainer-Free foods (negative calories): Cucumbers, bell peppers, celery, beets and kale. Kale sounds gross but you can spritz it with olive oil and add sea salt then bake in the oven and it makes “chips” you can snack on. Sounds crazy, but you will be glad for little things like these to munch when you need to just munch. Sugar-free jello cups are freebie too.

Acceptable Condiments: Any spices; mustards, vinegars, salsa, vanilla (or any of these types of seasonings—good in protein shakes)
    Unacceptable Condiments: Ketchup, BBQ Sauce
    Fruit: Fine to eat, in moderation until 1 PM. ( I only did apples and half a banana in my oatmeal occasionally and then half at 10 am snack time with my apple).

I also got some great things to help the sweet tooth from Walden Farms and they are 0 calories-chocolate & caramel dip, marshmallow dip (it works in pinch kinda like marshmallow fluff), chocolate syrup. I was able to buy this locally at Hy-Vee, but you can also get it online. They also make salad dressings, jellies, syrups, etc- I have not tried any of these. I have tried alfredo sauce and it's not bad either on whole wheat pasta with chicken.

Hope that helps!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Very inspiring!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hot damn!!! You look amazing!!
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look absolutely amazing. Makes me want to go grab my camera and take some before shots and work on the after :).
  • melissac1
    Options
    Girl you look awesome!!! I am so proud of you!!!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and all your hard work and determination has paid off. This has inspired me for the new year.

Well done you :)
  • shannon3
    shannon3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING. Love the red dress! Keep it up girl :)
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    WOW! Your transformation is amazing and inspiring! Thanks for sharing the information about your workouts and eating plan. This is helpful for me in planning to get back on track after the holidays.

You look awesome! What a success story!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!