• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Easter Chicken ..

Remarkably Similar to regular chicken.. only... grilled at Easter :laugh:
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My husband and I really don't celebrate and we're on such different paths in our weight loss efforts that we end up cooking separate meals for ourselves.

I didn't eat a whole lot today because I was studying for a final, so I got to eat a little "richer" than usual. I had a hamburger, a baked potato and a big salad of baby lettuce with raw mushrooms. Couldn't have been more satisfied. :)
  • brookemart81
    brookemart81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Dinner at my in-laws house. I had reasonable portions of chicken and mixed vegetables, a less reasonable portion of macaroni and cheese, two rolls, a big piece of carrot cake and a scoop of this strawberry cream cheese cool whip thing. And two peanut butter Reese's eggs (the little ones.) And 5 peanut butter m&ms.

I've been doing really well these last few weeks- I went over my goal today by 500, but I'm still a bit under for the week. And I've got a big bike ride planned for tomorrow. So, no harm done. Normally I would have eaten a LOT of candy so I feel pretty good about that part, at least.
  • slocyclist
    Options
    Honey Baked ham, fresh green beans, home made escalloped potatoes, and a half bottle of wine. Relatively small portions of the ham helped, but I was still way over my sodium for the day. Other than that, I stayed within my daily goal. Didn't steal any of the kids candy.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    DH and I went to Easter Buffet at a local restaurant - pork tenderloin, beef brisket, ribs (1), roast turkey, grilled portobella mushroom, broccoli, asparagus, potatoes au gratin, baked potato salad, green salad w/ ranch dressing, strawberry cake w/ cream cheese icing, german chocolate cake w/ pecan/coconut icing. Eat a very good, filling meal at noon and have no regrets.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Baked ham, fried chicken, baked mac and cheese, candied yams, kale with smoked hocks, string beans with smoked turkey, yeast rolls. Lots of wine. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • glitterellabella
    Options
    No regrets is what I like to hear. Im working on that because I get horrible guilt when I eat A mini lil snickers lol, and right now I'm dying for the whole bag.
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lightly seasoned chicken breast, Jalapeno cheddar cheese, and a square of dark chocolate for dessert!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Easter Chicken ..

speshul chikin
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Perogies, ham, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and a piece of chocolate cake cuz it's also my hubby's birthday.......and later this evening a couple mini Cadbury creme eggs

Amazingly all within my calorie allowance, though I was prepared to go a bit over if the cake didn't fit the #'s. Portion control is awesome. Normally about this time after a holiday meal I'd be moaning on the couch about how full I am. Tonight, I'm a bit full, but not painfully so like in the past.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Easter Chicken ..

speshul chikin

You know it lol
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Mine's all logged but I successfully avoided mimosa's :blushing:
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Cereal bar (because it was delicious), chicken, and sweet potatoes :P
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Honey Baked ham, fresh green beans, home made escalloped potatoes, and a half bottle of wine. Relatively small portions of the ham helped, but I was still way over my sodium for the day. Other than that, I stayed within my daily goal. Didn't steal any of the kids candy.

Minus the wine that sounds mighty tasty!
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I didn't log today as I am actually taking a diet/exercise break week (I know this sounds like a slippery slope, but I do it about 3 times a year :) ) However, I am sure I went over by waaaaay more than everyone int his thread haha. I'm not even going to rationalize it or feel bad. I am pretty stuffed but I'm going to enjoy by break and maybe be a bit more tame the rest of the week, although will probably still go over.

Today I had a chicken dinner and last night, I had a turkey dinner. I also had a ton of chocolate today.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    We don't do the Easter thing, so tonight we had salmon, homemade red potato salad, and some little cookie bar things with baked oatmeal, peanut butter & choc. chips from another thread on these forums :-)
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    baked ham, scalloped potatoes, cauliflower, barbecue ribs, fruit salad with homemade cinnamon tortilla chips. Not too bad. small portions of everything except maybe too much ham, but it was so good! Passed on the chocolate turtle cheesecake and no Easter candy!!!
    Went out and flew kites and went for a walk with the grand kids, managed to stay under daily calories with the help of the exercise calories
  • carollynch09
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Good thing Easter is only once a year. Tomorrow will be a better day. Don't beat yourself up. We're entitled to screw up once in awhile. We're only human :)
  • wisteriafleur
    wisteriafleur Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I managed to restrain myself like i need to and had
    3 oz. Oven Roasted Low Sodium Turkey Breast
    1/2 cup of dole peaches (drained AND rinsed)
    1/2 cup of green giant english peas
    1 Dinner Roll

i am very proud that i portioned and we avoided getting the traditional easter ham lol