Being made fun of

Options
124»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Do you know for sure they were laughing at YOU? Sometimes nervousness at the gym turns to paranoia and you think all eyes are on you, when in reality they aren't.

Even if they are laughing at you, all the more reason to keep going every day and kicking @ss to prove them wrong. If it gets really bad with them, you can always have management deal with it, every gym I know of is extremely intolerant of abuse in any way, and would probably kick the girls out.
  • WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    "A queen does not step off her throne to speak to peasants."

I'm very sorry people treated you and the others who shared their stories so shamefully. These people who act in such a way are just that, peasants, peons, people who aren't worth your time.

*kitten* 'em. You're gonna be great :)
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Options
    If you see them again, tell management. I can't stand people who harass others at the gym for ANY reason. Nobody goes to the gym to have others bother them, and those that do infringe on the rights of gym members to work out in peace should not be allowed to be there.
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If this happened to me, I would walk up to them, smile, and say well thank you for the comments because I know I can lose the weight, but you my dear will never be able to lose the uglieness in your soul. then I would walk away and have the best workout imaginable. Haters are always going to hate. Remember that the reason people make fun of and bully others is because they are not happy with themselves.... dont give in to it. You are a beautiful you. Continue to be the best you can be. :smile:
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't be intimidated by the immaturity of others. You're there to better yourself. Don't let the ignorance of others stop you from succeeding. Honestly, when I see large ppl in the gym, I think to myself good on you for gettin in there and trying to change your life. You should be proud of yourself. :smile:
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Haters hate themselves, remember that.

Second that notion.
  • jennbuck22
    jennbuck22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think everyone deals with bullies differently.

When girls from an opposing team play dirty or are "talking smack" to the girls on my team, I always say the same thing each time:

If they get you once turn the other cheek but don't let them hit you twice.
    You gain confidence by standing up for yourself

So my advice is shake off this first encounter, but if it happens again - go straight up to them with the toughest face you can muster and tell them they need to keep their mouths shut. Personally I'd probably add "or I'll shut it for you" but not everyone is that aggressive.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @craftywitch & @randomtai I'm pretty sure they were talking about me since they were tapping each other a pointing at me and laughing. If that wasn't about me it sure looked like it

Then I agree with the above poster. Start lifting heavy things and all that nonsense will stop. Or punch them in the face.

Since that's the case, this^^^^^ Sometimes you just have to practice random acts of violence to get your point across.

:drinker: