12 weeks! How much have you lost? Inspiration needed!! x

Options

Replies

• loonalupe
    loonalupe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So far, 27 lbs at 10 weeks...hoping to hit 30 lb loss by week 12!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My first 12 weeks I lost 22 lbs.
  • sims2013
    sims2013 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    nice work!!!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I have lost 41 lbs. since January 8th of this year, so in 100 days. I started with a low calorie diet (not very low calorie, that is under 700 calories, but low calorie, which was 1000 calories/day). I ate 45% protein, 35% carbs, 20% healthy fat and exercised, did a lot of aerobics till the first 30 lbs. came off then started doing resistance and strength training exercises as I had not lost a lot of muscle and as I lose the rest of the weight trying to keep the muscle mass I have.

If you are in the obese range (BMI > 35), it is not unsafe to do a low calorie diet (any Doctor will tell you that) until you get out of that range (because it is more unsafe to be in the obese range), but after that you should raise your calories, I am up to 1300/day now and still raising, just doing it slowly. My BMI is now a few points from the normal range (I am at 28.5, normal range starts at 25), when I started it was 36.

Once I get to normal range I will re-evaluate and see if I need to bulk to build more muscle, I recently purchased some weights and am just waiting for my rack to arrive to get started, therefore I will be going to 1400 calories after this week, and 1500 the next week and see how it goes from there.

P.S.: I am on day 105 now, but the 41 lbs. is from my weigh-in last Thursday.
  • sarahslosingit2014
    sarahslosingit2014 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In 12 weeks, I lost 25-30 lbs. I am on day 103 (14-15 wks) and have now lost 34 lbs. I started at 240. You will lose fast since your starting weight is high. You won't get to a "healthy" weight in 12 weeks, nor should you try, but you could lose enough to where people will notice. :) Just get started - start logging, start walking or riding bikes, etc! Good luck :)
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    First 12 weeks, I lost 26lbs from 192lbs (I'm 5'2"). I've also gone from size 16/18 to size 10. I'm about half-way to maintenance, which is the upper limit of what I want my weight to be. At 12 weeks I added daily exercise.
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    From July 24th last year until October 24th I lost 20 pounds.
    While I was not close to maintenance or anything, I stopped logging and went 4 months as I used to eat. I gained 10 back ore 4 months. Then on February 24th of this year I was frustrated I let myself go again and jumped back on and in. Since that time I am down 13 with good momentum to continue...total net is down 23.
    The moral of MY story is don't take your eye off the ball, stay committed and log everything that goes in your mouth...
    Also during my 1st go around I was a bike fanatic. Winter hit and I stopped. So now with it being spring here I am back on 2 wheels.
    If you have a good amount of weight to lose, 27 to 30 over 12 weeks is legit as long as you add movement to your life.
    My story
    Just that I had less to lose to begin with!
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm down 11lbs in a month! Slow but it's working!! :) You can do it Main thing is really watching what you eat! Don't think of it as a diet just eatting better! :) You'll do great if you keep positive! U can add me as a friend if you need support!
  • Csy4242
    Csy4242 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30lbs in 12 weeks. That's with a 1200-1300 cal diet and working out 5x's per week. Everyone is different when it comes to weight loss, you just have to find what works best for you.
  • gothdaisy
    Options
    When I started I was about the same as you and I lost 24lbs in 12 weeks! It was very encouraging to see the weight drop of so quickly! Keep at it! I'm sure you can do it! If you want to know what I did... I dropped my calorie intake to between 1300 and 1600 a day and I increased my exercise. BUT, the only exercise I have been doing is walking. Nothing else. Just walking. I have a treadmill in front of the TV, so i can watch as much as I want, but I try to keep moving. Obviously it's different for everyone, but this is what has worked for me. The low calorie count was a little hard at first and I worked my way down to that over time. I started at 1600 per day and slowly decreased it until I was use to it. Good luck to you!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lb in 15 weeks. However the first 4 weeks were useless- I wasn't logging my food accurately and I was doing no exercise.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I have lost 115 lbs in 5 months. I workout everyday and I eat 3 ounces per meal. If you have the motivation to lose you will lose. Good luck and remember to keep telling yourself that you can do it.

Your post is misleading to the OP...you failed to mention that you lost the weight...after gastric bypass.

You might also have mentioned that you are under a doctors care...after having surgery.
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have just reached my 12 week progress and I have lost 13lbs so far BUT I haven't been eating as well as I should so it can be up to 20lbs! <3 xxx
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little over 40 in 12 weeks. My ticker says I lost 29 but I didn't reset my starting weight from previous times on myfitnesspal . I have my goal set at 1 pound per week, but try to stay a little under that. Sometimes I go over that amount also. I exercise but not every day. I really don't know how I lost so fast, but I'm sure it will slow down. My goal calories started out at 1700 something and is now 1490.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have lost 115 lbs in 5 months. I workout everyday and I eat 3 ounces per meal. If you have the motivation to lose you will lose. Good luck and remember to keep telling yourself that you can do it.

Please do not look at this for motivation !!!! this does not sound healthy at all !!! :(
  • lgtalbott7
    Options
    im on week 9 and have lost 21 pounds...I was hoping for more but its a start!
  • kmr0293
    kmr0293 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    32 pounds in 12 weeks. But I have hypothyroidism and pcos.
  • picklesroofus
    picklesroofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    12 lbs from 184 to 172
  • gzoesch
    gzoesch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey VerityJane!
    I started at 250 about 6 weeks ago and am down 30lbs. I've been eating very clean, lots of veggies, smaller portions, And adding exersize each day as I get stronger. Put your mind to it, track those calories and you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!