WHY WEIGHT DOESN"T MATTER THAT MUCH (with pics!)

Options

Replies

• BubblyMelodite
    BubblyMelodite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely FANTASTIC and strong! It's amazing how lean muscle mass can transform your body! I'm 5'9'', 288lbs and have a long way to go - but I recently changed my goal weight to 180. I have no idea what I'm going to look like when I get there, but my goal is to be lean and firm! I think once I get under 200, I won't care about what the scale says much.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    5 foot 4 inches.

:noway:

Holy cow! Your LBM is to die for! I can't believe how tight you look. What are your current lifting stats, if you don't mind sharing?
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't mind looking at these pictures. You know....for science.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't mind looking at these pictures. You know....for science.

Same here....great job!
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Your story is very encouraging.

I share the same question as another poster...What weight lifting strategy do you use?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    This is really, really awesome.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I saw this post today! I have been feeling so bad lately; because I can't seem to lose any weight. I stay within goal...and sure I am losing inches...and I know I should be happy about it. Sometimes I think people (pretty much everyone) is way to focused on how much I weigh! Shoot!! I have gone from a size 12 to a size 6 and I have only lost 6lbs in the last 4 months. And I lost those the first 2 months...

I know my body is toning up and I do look fit...but it's good to know that I am not the only person that is 5'3" (give or take a inch) and still weighs in around 155lbs...

I am proud of my lifting accomplishments and you should be too!! Nothing like being strong! :drinker:
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    good for you!! you look awesome lady!!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I weigh more than I look too (5' 9" 145). If I didn't need to stay in my weight class for sparing I'd get heavier. I have a tournament in may. If the 150 plus group isn't totally gigantic I'll think about going heavier. Even with lean mass like mine muscular is always better than "skinny".
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You're 5'4"?!
    ?!?!?!
    ?!
    ?!?!

... maybe I should bulk up instead of cutting down.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and this is a very encouraging post. Thank you!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    No, weight does not matter. Each person is soo different. The scale does not make us. Congrats, you look wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Great post! You look amazing!!

I hardly weigh myself now, its all about how you look and feel... : )

Besides we dont have the number on the scale on our forehead.... who will know? Only you?

People dont believe my weight when I tell them!
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!
  • snoopymcc
    snoopymcc Posts: 19
    Options
    5 foot 4 inches.
    I'm 5'3" and am currently at 140 size 4. I lift heavy, have a physical job, and thought 125 was a reasonable goal but my husband is like and where is that 15 lbs. Going to come from? Thank you so much for posting you real weight! Super helpful for me to see 125 isn't the ultimate goal!
    I wear a very small size @ 140lbs, too!!! (5'3")....glad I'm not the only one!
  • Jewels_xo
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congrats on all your hard work, it shows!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So many people needed to read/see that - thanks for the reminder that weight just like age is only a number! Keep up the great work girlie!

This ! Great job!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Looking hawt. Props.
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Your story is very encouraging.

I share the same question as another poster...What weight lifting strategy do you use?

My lifting stategy: I basically do splits. On Monday I do chest and back, Tuesday I do hamstrings and glutes, Wednesday I do cardio, Thursday I do shoulders, bi's and tri's, Fridays I do quads and more leg exercises, and Saturday I do more cardio. Sunday is rest. I try to do a lot of compound exercises: squats, pull ups, deadlifts, overhead press, etc. I do supersets, so I don't rest between exercises. I wear my HRM to make sure my heart rate is up throughout my whole lifting session. If it's not I'll circuit my lifts with one minute of cardio inbetween. I like to burn at least 500 calories every workout. I also do 45 min-1hr. cardio on all these days. I'm an exercise machine, I know, but I love it.

I really starting seeing results when I started eating at TDEE. I eat 1700 calories a day and don't log exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!