Pet peeves, can i just say something?

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of your peeves, OP -- even though some of them I have never noticed until you pointed them out.

My biggest ones are just misspelled words. Chipotle as 'chipolte' is probably my biggest spelling peeve because I hate the way it sounds when mispronounced and I hear that in my head when I read the misspelled version.

I also cannot stand misspellings like "high heals", "sandles", "protien", "cloths" (instead of clothes), "purposal", "anziety", "tatoo", "exzercize", "and so on. I think maybe tatoo is an acceptable alternative spelling but it still drives me crazy.

I fully admit that I can be overly picky about proper spelling, especially when it is a very common word/term or if you say something like "Sileane Deonn is my favorite singer" I bristle at that, because really...she's your favorite singer and you can't spell Celine Dion after seeing it on the dozens of album covers that are undoubtedly part of your longtime collection?

;-)

I was hoping to see 'loose weight' in this list...
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of your peeves, OP -- even though some of them I have never noticed until you pointed them out.

My biggest ones are just misspelled words. Chipotle as 'chipolte' is probably my biggest spelling peeve because I hate the way it sounds when mispronounced and I hear that in my head when I read the misspelled version.

I also cannot stand misspellings like "high heals", "sandles", "protien", "cloths" (instead of clothes), "purposal", "anziety", "tatoo", "exzercize", "and so on. I think maybe tatoo is an acceptable alternative spelling but it still drives me crazy.

I fully admit that I can be overly picky about proper spelling, especially when it is a very common word/term or if you say something like "Sileane Deonn is my favorite singer" I bristle at that, because really...she's your favorite singer and you can't spell Celine Dion after seeing it on the dozens of album covers that are undoubtedly part of your longtime collection?

;-)

I was hoping to see 'loose weight' in this list...

I actually see "loose wait" a lot.
    She's also the girl that interchanges they're/their/there, your/you're, ect.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options

4. Pictures of you sweating after a workout. We get it, you worked out hard and congrats on the hard work ! But sometimes, those sweaty pics just aint the business.or you as well. But "-36lbs in 6 weeks!" captions ? Enough said.

"ain't" ain't a word:)
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I hate pets. . .except fish. . . I like fish. .they don't poop on the rug.

This is why I have tile throughout.
    So my fish don't poop on it.

This is just so sad...most fish are easily paper-trained. The key is consistency.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    What irks me is this blaming others aka the infamous "sabotage" theory. Lol..

Like your an adult, no1 should have tip toe around you food wise. Get yourself together and have more self control. Lol at these "my family and friends and work are sabotaging me!" Wah wah boo hoo! Lmao
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

This is just so sad...most fish are easily paper-trained. The key is consistency.

I tried toilet training my fish...... it didn't work out as well as hoped.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think have a new pet peeve or two: people complaining about all of the negativity on MFP forums and whining about topics being posted under the wrong categories.

I'm not saying those people are wrong, but it's not very interesting to read.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is negative energy on MFP like this post. Just putting it out there....

x2 esp when it's in the motivation support forum...try chit chat next time.

Word!
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to explain this.. can't stand ignorance whether intentional or not.

In North America, lbs are used. But, that's not the only continent in the world on MFP.

In the UK you'll often see Stone.

Pretty much anywhere else is metric and will use kg and/or pds (an actual 500 gram pound).

Now maybe you won't be so irked anymore.

As for the rest of your rant: whatever.

*Edited to add "only"
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    in
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

4. Pictures of you sweating after a workout. We get it, you worked out hard and congrats on the hard work ! But sometimes, those sweaty pics just aint the business.or you as well. But "-36lbs in 6 weeks!" captions ? Enough said.

"ain't" ain't a word:)

Yep, it actually is.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is negative energy on MFP like this post. Just putting it out there....

BAM
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    "just aint the business" :P
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is people who write pointless threads about how other people annoy them and believe it's motivational.

Oops. I just meant to think that.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Women who come on here to starve themselves to death! They ask, "Do you all think I'll look good at 5 foot 10 and 95lbs? If I stop eating for a month or so I should look great!" Everyone answers, "No, you'll look like a dead corpse". Then the go on and on about "haters" who are actually kind of freaked out at an obvious suicide plan. It makes me crazy.

BTW, have you ever seen a shark take a dump...epic... and yellow grossness. I just thought I'd put that out there. As not too many big sharks will fit in household tanks.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

do you feed them something special for the consistency?
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This thread is so motivational and supportive.
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fine fine - another pet peeve is punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Seriously though, it's not that hard to use periods...or know that "i" should be "I".
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I didn't take the OP as being disrespectful, at least not any more than any list of peeves necessarily would be.

I hadn't really ever thought of any of the peeves in the OP, so I guess they would not be pet peeves for me. Misspellings don't bother me either, as going by my own personal posts I tend to assume they are as much poor typing skills as poor spelling.

My personal pet peeve re: health and exercise is saying any type of exercise is useless. Be it cardio, bodyweight, light weights @ high reps, walking, running, whatever.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options

BTW, have you ever seen a shark take a dump...epic... and yellow grossness. I just thought I'd put that out there. As not too many big sharks will fit in household tanks.

Yes, but can they be paper trained? I'd be interested in a Hammerhead, as long as they can be trained to use Pee Pad for when I'm away at work.....