Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pet peeves, can i just say something?

Replies

• chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    If this is all you have that bothers you in life then you really have it easy.....
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Women who come on here to starve themselves to death! They ask, "Do you all think I'll look good at 5 foot 10 and 95lbs? If I stop eating for a month or so I should look great!" Everyone answers, "No, you'll look like a dead corpse". Then the go on and on about "haters" who are actually kind of freaked out at an obvious suicide plan. It makes me crazy.

BTW, have you ever seen a shark take a dump...epic... and yellow grossness. I just thought I'd put that out there. As not too many big sharks will fit in household tanks.

Yes, but luckily it's at least not chunky, their spiral valve intestine doesn't allow for the processing of larger bits and pieces so at least there's nothing recognizable left....
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Great post.

...and don't even get me started on grammar and spelling!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    I hate pets. . .except fish. . . I like fish. .they don't poop on the rug.

This is why I have tile throughout.
    So my fish don't poop on it.

This is just so sad...most fish are easily paper-trained. The key is consistency.

do you feed them something special for the consistency?

I find my unruly students work well, but you may not have many of those available? Maybe people who commit your personal pet peeves?
  • KatyRu
    KatyRu Posts: 55 Member
    All of you took this post the wrong way. I encourage everyone on their weight loss. I am 100% supportive and i believe everyone deserves this love. I receive tons of it on here and in person. I also return that love to everyone, even if i see a pet peeve of mine. I even said that in the post. I think some y'all enjoy arguing or disagreeing with people's thoughts just to seem like a hero.

THIS is 100% accurate. The forums drive me crazy. I still open them though when I want a good laugh, or to get my mind off of my OWN problems!
    I agree with all of your peeves, OP -- even though some of them I have never noticed until you pointed them out.

My biggest ones are just misspelled words. Chipotle as 'chipolte' is probably my biggest spelling peeve because I hate the way it sounds when mispronounced and I hear that in my head when I read the misspelled version.

I also cannot stand misspellings like "high heals", "sandles", "protien", "cloths" (instead of clothes), "purposal", "anziety", "tatoo", "exzercize", "and so on. I think maybe tatoo is an acceptable alternative spelling but it still drives me crazy.

I fully admit that I can be overly picky about proper spelling, especially when it is a very common word/term or if you say something like "Sileane Deonn is my favorite singer" I bristle at that, because really...she's your favorite singer and you can't spell Celine Dion after seeing it on the dozens of album covers that are undoubtedly part of your longtime collection?

;-)

I'm the same way! Misspellings just annoy me like no other. One of my professors (who also happens to be my advisor) always pokes fun at me in class because I once corrected what he wrote on the board while he was giving a lecture about misspellings in papers......he spelled "misspellings" wrong. How could I NOT point it out?

Anyways, the one that really irks me on mfp is "deficet." Most people who use this word like to think they know what they're talking about, but yet they don't know how to spell "deficit." Yeah, I'm not taking any advice about a topic in weight loss from anyone who doesn't know how to spell the topic that they're pushing.

Other pet peeves of mine would be people who take mfp forums too seriously, people who just can't help but be sarcastic to someone who's OBVIOUSLY looking for support (yes, I'm a sarcastic person as well, but there's a line), and people in general.
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member

4. Pictures of you sweating after a workout. We get it, you worked out hard and congrats on the hard work ! But sometimes, those sweaty pics just aint the business.or you as well. But "-36lbs in 6 weeks!" captions ? Enough said.

"ain't" ain't a word:)

lies
  • MJ0214
    MJ0214 Posts: 36 Member
    hahaha THANK YOU!!! I love to look at success stories and progress pics for motivation, but I just get so annoyed with the 9 months pregnant picture as the before and the after picture 12 weeks postpartum. Come on now, really??
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I don't like negative, judgmental people.

Also... It drives me crazy when I hear that people have a hard time eating 1200 calories in a day... I have a hard time sticking to 1200 cals by noon, and I find myself wondering how on earth someone can feel full on so little.

The rate / date / naked threads. Everyone says yes! So why bother? And what if someone DOES go there looking for an ego stroke and someone (god forbid) says PASS or HELL TO THE NO! Then they'd feel even WORSE..
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    threads without any cat GIFs! :angry:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I hate pets. . .except fish. . . I like fish. .they don't poop on the rug.

This is why I have tile throughout.
    So my fish don't poop on it.

That's why we took out the carpets and only have vinyl and hardwood.

Here is a picture of the meal I ate this morning (2 hours ago is fresh, right?). Knowing that someone would've pureed a frozen banana in place of that Haagen Dazs caramelized banana chip gelato makes me sad.

IMAG0386-1_zpsp90bb0ih-1.jpg
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Text speak in the any place other than a text. :explode:

And, for the record, if you have a smart phone with a full keyboard you should be typing full words even in a text. :flowerforyou:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    4. Pictures of you sweating after a workout. We get it, you worked out hard and congrats on the hard work ! But sometimes, those sweaty pics just aint the business.

I hope this is code for "PM me pics of your sweaty self after a hard workout."
  • I agree with all of your pet peeves, although admittedly I can't relate to the post-pregnancy one :) I'd like to add one of my own as well:

Post that relate to the "person pictured above you", for example, would you date them, would they date you, should they pose naked...and bunches more that are not only meaningless to the rest of the MFP world, but can in fact be downright demeaning!

OK...soap-box is now officially closed :)
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Some of you are being way too sensitive.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse

Yay! You've given me an excuse to use this one again, it fits the theme better anyways!
    aSmz0de.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member

Yay! You've given me an excuse to use this one again, it fits the theme better anyways!
    aSmz0de.gif

I can't stop watching!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member

aSmz0de.gif

I can't stop watching!

ME NEITHER!!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

aSmz0de.gif

that's not a cat! :angry:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse

aSmz0de.gif

that's not a cat! :angry:

Of course, not, it's MUCH cuter than a cat!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    My pet peeve is negative energy on MFP like this post. Just putting it out there....

x2 esp when it's in the motivation support forum...try chit chat next time.

x3