What do you think when you see a ripped female?

Options

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

These two are both BEAUTIFUL. I would LOVE to look like Jennifer Reece. Too much in my opinion would be This...

women-bodybuilder1.jpg
    hm...let's hope this one is photoshopped:noway:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    HC2...I doubt that is photochopped.
    And as for BMI, I'll bet those 1st ladies I posted have a BMI higher than 25 given their muscle tone.

I picked Jennifer Reece because for me personally, she is right on the line. That picture I found is photochopped by, ironically, smoothing out her muscle tone and hiding her cut look.

JR2.jpg
    JR1.jpg
    JR3.jpg

This is probably a guy thing, but the way I look at it is...if she looks like if she punched me in the arm and I would end up at the trauma center, that is a little much for me.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I think a woman is lovely with a very toned body, but something about big, cut, bulging muscles on women just throws me off. Definitely not my personal goal for me, but to each their own! As long as people are healthy and happy, go for it! :drinker:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    HC2...I doubt that is photochopped.
    And as for BMI, I'll bet those 1st ladies I posted have a BMI higher than 25 given their muscle tone.

I picked Jennifer Reece because for me personally, she is right on the line. That picture I found is photochopped by, ironically, smoothing out her muscle tone and hiding her cut look.

JR2.jpg
    JR1.jpg
    JR3.jpg

This is probably a guy thing, but the way I look at it is...if she looks like if she punched me in the arm and I would end up at the trauma center, that is a little much for me.

The photoshopped pic is deffinately hotter... The definition in her chest is too much she lost her feminitiy (i.e. her boobs). This could just be because she's in show form here. At any rate it's all a matter of opinion...
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I dig it, waaaay back in the day, in my finest hour I had some muscles and it was awesome; I felt strong and received non-stop compliments....and I'm working my way back to it... I liked knowing that I had acquired those muscles through hard work, dedication and disicpline. I understand that most people are unable to appreciate the aesthetic beauty of bodybuilidng in men and women, but ( for lack of a better cliche') beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I read somewhere that those ripped individuals only make up 1% of the population...yep, definitely not for everyone :)
    I say give it a go and if you don't like it, you can always revert :)

good luck Lou!

Good Luck Lou totally cracked me up...dont go too far, I am going to friend you. I need more humor in my life!!
    And I want to keep up with your progress! Post pix often!
  • dgilner
    Options
    Definitley a fine line between someone who works out, looks fit & has a flat tummy, and someone who has a hard man body.

I think so too.
  • dgilner
    Options
    I find that toned women are very sexy! I love to see the muscles, but I do NOT think bodybuilding women are sexy at all. I love to lift weights myself but I will never take anything to enhance my muscles to look big and bulky.

YES! Me too
  • dgilner
    Options
    I would commit a crime to have a body like Jillian. I don't find batwings and big guts attractive at all.
    [/quote]

I LOOOVE THIS COMMENT! And I agree - Jillian is beautiful!
  • yoghurtand
    Options
    Ha, I don't like big muscles on women OR men. No defined four packs or six packs or eight packs for me, please and thank you. My limit of muscle is around that of a lean (like, flat stomach but muscles not bulging) fashion model for men - not the waify ones, but I like them too ;) - and a sprinter for women, like Christine Ohuruogu.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is the body i want... This is the girl from bodyrock and i dont think she is too ripped!!!!

4hfnt3.jpg

i3ihiq.jpg

I have to agree, she is fine...hawt!
  • countjackula
    Options
    I've never been close to being 'ripped' but occasionally i've lost enough that I realized there actually were muscles underneath all of this mush. However I do workout all the time and appreciate muscle definition...working on building more of that. But what's good enough? Obviously this is a personal opinion type question, I am just interested in yours. When you see a woman who is ripped - do you find it attractive or disgusting or somewhere in between? Is there a line when it is just too much?

Just curious. I have such an addictive personality - I have to be careful or I will end up like Lou. jk

Most women (and men) who look "ripped" are only in that state for competitions or cover photoshoots... and most of time they walk around at a much higher bodyfat (and "natural-looking") percentage. It is attractive because I know the level of dedication and work that is necessary to achieve that state.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    The girl from Body Rock is GORGEOUS - mainly because she still looks like a girl - she has boobs! The other two girls, in my opinion are a bit too big - they look a bit roidy - look at the jawlines! But then that's up to them. I like a big man though! :wink:

Regarding the girl from BodyRock..... But they don't look like 'her' boobs:noway: ..I'm not sure they are. dunno maybe it's just me but they look like implants. Most women that get that small don't have that large of breasts because of their lower body fat.
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The girl from bodyrock is really pretty in the face, and I love her abs and legs, but don't love her arms (if it were MY body). To me, her biceps are tiny, they look like pencils. I'd personally want a little bit bigger biceps.

I have always thought the models in muscle and fitness hers magazine have the ideal body (for me). Muscular and toned, but not over the top. But if people think Jillian is too muscley, you wouldn't like these models. Just go to muscleandfitnesshers.com I don't know that I'd want the 6 or 8 pack abs, or just 2 long lean muscles along the sides. Who knows if my body would even do that?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we all have a different definition of "ripped". Female body builders body don't even enter my mind when I say "ripped", because I think that for most of us we may not have the time for that. Plus, that look is just not for me. Personally, I love the Bodyrock girl, Jillian & Dreya Webber. I would love a body like any one of them and I think that is actually a good range of muscle definition. I would call all of them "ripped".
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I :love: Zuzana from bodyrock.tv. She's my absolute fitness goal. I'd like fake boobs like hers as well, and hubby says that if I get ripped like her he'll buy them for me. lol great motivation :laugh:

my bmi right now is 16.8 and I am just scrawny. Although I can finally see some definition peeking through, it has taken a lot of work to get it. I hope to one day have those abs!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    The girl from Body Rock is GORGEOUS - mainly because she still looks like a girl - she has boobs! The other two girls, in my opinion are a bit too big - they look a bit roidy - look at the jawlines! But then that's up to them. I like a big man though! :wink:

Regarding the girl from BodyRock..... But they don't look like 'her' boobs:noway: ..I'm not sure they are. dunno maybe it's just me but they look like implants. Most women that get that small don't have that large of breasts because of their lower body fat.

They arent real.... they are implants..... she talked about why she got them on her site!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we all have a different definition of "ripped". Female body builders body don't even enter my mind when I say "ripped", because I think that for most of us we may not have the time for that. Plus, that look is just not for me. Personally, I love the Bodyrock girl, Jillian & Dreya Webber. I would love a body like any one of them and I think that is actually a good range of muscle definition. I would call all of them "ripped".

I agree.
  • BellaB777
    BellaB777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels... That's too far for me. But to each their own. Only you can determine what's right for your body. I am personally going for fit and feminine.
  • cerrmann
    Options
    Hmm ripped big or ripped skinny? I like that B&W photo above of that skinnier chick. I think skinny and toned is awesome. I used to know this girl who skiid alot downhill etc and her thighs were huge - didn't look so good at ALL. I also knew this skinny climbing girl who was all wirey and ripped and she blew me away and was super hot!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of old-fashioned but I really don't like ripped on girls. For example I think Jillian is cute, but I wouldn't want to look just like her. That could also be the dancer in me talking...muscles in the dance world are supposed to be lean and long.