Always full and struggle getting to 1200 calories

Options
1235»

Replies

• pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Do you struggle to physically eat the food or do you struggle to mentally eat the food?

I ask because, I struggle to mentally eat the food. I do it (eat the food) because I know I have to. I workout a lot so I know my body needs it. But I know what it feels like to open the fridge and think, "I can't/shouldn't/won't eat that" and then at the end of the day I'm at 900 calories and I've spent an hour at the gym. It's like you trick your mind into thinking less is more. When it comes to weight loss, less is more for a few weeks. Then the party stops, and so does the weight loss and you're stuck trying to "up" your intake without freaking yourself out on the scale.

Veggies may be low in calories, but they're high in nutrients. Toss some cheese sauce on it if you need the calories (and fat!). Fruit? Grab an apple and a tablespoon of PB. Same with a banana. Salad? Toss on some walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc. There are ways to "bulk up" your fruits and veggies while still eating healthy.

And don't be afraid of protein. It's your friend. :)
  • kettlebellsrock
    Options
    I say it as it is I've been told. I don't mean any harm by it.

Looking at your food diary I don't see any real food. Why not have 2 real eggs whipped up with milk thrown in a pan with half tbs of real butter. Yum. Srambled eggs! This will fill you, feed your body, and it takes a whole lot more energy (burned calories) to convert all that protien to be used by your body. Your cereal is essentially sugar which is broken down quickly (hence the term sugar high and lows).

Fat free yogurt is laced with sugar. Eat plain full fat yogurt with a banana, or apple. You get your good fat to help burn fat and feed your internal organs.

Do away with the packaged items. Eat vegi sticks that you cut up your-self and yogurt ranch dip (full fat). Remember fruit is sugar, natural sugar yes, but still sugar.

I have a hard time with getting my 1200 calories but my protien is way over which is good and equals out the lower calories. There is more to my last sentence here....but that is the basics. If you are not getting enough calories look at the food you are eating. Eating denser foods like chicken, eggs, full fat creams you are getting the nutrients your body needs. Just because you eating low caloires doesn't mean you will lose weight. Its what you are eating. This program is meant as a basic guideline. We are all different.
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Am I understanding this right? You weigh 200 lbs and water weighs 8 lbs per gal. so 100 lbs of water is 12 1/2 gallons. That seems unbelievable unless I am not understanding. I would have to drink every waking moment and live in the bathroom. It is very easy to eat 1200 calories if you are counting everything and you add a little p-nut butter, saute veggies in olive oil, etc. Best of luck in your journey. :drinker:
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one commented on OP's statement that she is loosing a pound every day. I'm no expert, but that can't be healthy. 1-2lbs a week is what MFP recommends.

No, I was thinking this too. That's a little scary.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I thought I was struggling to eat enough when I first started but the truth is, is that I was scared to stop seeing results. I am slowly increasing my calories and still losing weight, and you can too. Good advice in this thread. Good luck =)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one commented on OP's statement that she is loosing a pound every day. I'm no expert, but that can't be healthy. 1-2lbs a week is what MFP recommends.

No, I was thinking this too. That's a little scary.

Not necessarily - OP is new enough at this that the rapid loss is probably the combined effects of water weight and fat. She has a lot of weight to lose, so an initial huge drop is not unheard of.

That said, the rapid loss should taper off soon and shift to a more desirable 1-2 lb per wk, or OP is probably eating even less than she thinks rather than the more everyone else is assuming.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "cereal in water"... Bleh. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've lost a pound everyday! That's fantastic. I think your body is really working with you to get where it wants to be.

You are joking right ? At least I hope so. A pound a day would be 61 pounds in two month. Does anyone really think that that is fantastic or healthy, or smart ?
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Struggle??

I struggle to stay under my calories and I eat between 1700-2000 calories. :laugh:

OMG! I wouldn't know what to do with so many calories

Eat them! LOL I eat between 1500 and 1800 calories a day because I work out and sometimes i'm still starving.