If u could see anyone...solo artist/band in concert?

Options
13»

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Country fan here!!! Johnny Cash, for sure, and Garth Brooks!! I've seen, Toby Keith, Brooks n Dunn, Tim Mcgraw, Faith Hill, Terri Clark, Stompin Tom, Billy Ray Cyrus, Travis Tritt, Tommy Cash, CCR, Blue Rodeo, Brad Paisley, Johnny Read, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Sugarland, Tanya Tucker, The Corb Lund Band, Montgomery Gentry and many more country bands.

I AM JEALOUS!!!! I'm a country person also! I've seen Brad Paisley, Mongomery Gentry, Alabama, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Chris Ledoux, Dixie Chicks, George Strait, Dierks Bentley, Chris Young, Jason Brown, Sarah Evans, John Anderson, The Wreckers, AND I'm going to see Tracy Lawrence and Blake Shelton this Friday at the Iowa State Fair!!!!!! I"M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

But I would LOVE to see Garth and Cash...FOR SURE!!! And SO many that are on your list!!!!!

Ok...I admit it. I have seen Garth and Johnny Cash. They are the two exceptions to my 'country music sucks' rule. And yes, they are FREAKIN AMAZING live. RIP Johnny.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Country fan here!!! Johnny Cash, for sure, and Garth Brooks!! I've seen, Toby Keith, Brooks n Dunn, Tim Mcgraw, Faith Hill, Terri Clark, Stompin Tom, Billy Ray Cyrus, Travis Tritt, Tommy Cash, CCR, Blue Rodeo, Brad Paisley, Johnny Read, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Sugarland, Tanya Tucker, The Corb Lund Band, Montgomery Gentry and many more country bands.

I AM JEALOUS!!!! I'm a country person also! I've seen Brad Paisley, Mongomery Gentry, Alabama, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Chris Ledoux, Dixie Chicks, George Strait, Dierks Bentley, Chris Young, Jason Brown, Sarah Evans, John Anderson, The Wreckers, AND I'm going to see Tracy Lawrence and Blake Shelton this Friday at the Iowa State Fair!!!!!! I"M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

But I would LOVE to see Garth and Cash...FOR SURE!!! And SO many that are on your list!!!!!

Ok...I admit it. I have seen Garth and Johnny Cash. They are the two exceptions to my 'country music sucks' rule. And yes, they are FREAKIN AMAZING live. RIP Johnny.

Okay...now I am WAY jealous! And I'm sure Garth won't start touring again....so I think I'm out of luck! :sad:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Uh... hello... everyone is forgetting the best "artist' ever...

PRINCE...

'nuff said..

:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I would have loved or would love to see:
    The Beatles
    Elvis (His show had to have been amazing! At least when he was still somewhat healthy)
    Johnny Cash
    Ella Fitzgerald
    Billie Holiday
    Abba
    Buddy Holly
    Jimmi Hendrix
    The Doors
    Bob Marley
    Mahalia Jackson
    Three Dog Night
    CCR
    Rush
    Kiss

I also agree with Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Vivaldi, Mahler, Tchaikovsky and Chopin.

There are many others, but those are a few!! :)
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't know if HE has already been said...but Just seen the "BOSS" in concert in Milwaukee and I thought he was fantastic so either love' em or hate 'em (Bruce Springsteen) I just happened to be married to someone who's obsessed and I would like to see Micheal Buble' I know I know I'm such a girl! But I love his Frank Sinatra sound:bigsmile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options

Okay...now I am WAY jealous! And I'm sure Garth won't start touring again....so I think I'm out of luck! :sad:
    I know, I keep waiting for him to tour again, but not only do I have to wait for him to tour, but I have to wait for him to tour Canada.....I can dream lol. and all the while I get to listen to my husband brag about how he got to see him when he was younger.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

What? What was that Jeremy? Admitting you're wrong and that country is awesome? Yeah I thought so. How can you call yourself a southerner when you don't like the music? Sad, really.... :laugh:

PS I am so so so jealous that you saw Chris Ledoux ...... :angry:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I saw Barry Manilow in concert. :bigsmile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

What? What was that Jeremy? Admitting you're wrong and that country is awesome? Yeah I thought so. How can you call yourself a southerner when you don't like the music? Sad, really.... :laugh:

PS I am so so so jealous that you saw Chris Ledoux ...... :angry:

QUIET YOU!!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

Not sure I would brag about that... but as long as you enjoyed...
    Steven Colbert, "I Lost to Manilow"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQDnXpSJQtA
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson (back when it was not strange to adore him:laugh: )
    Prince
    MADONNA!!
    ACDC
    Guns & Roses
    Tom Petty
    Johnny Cash
    RUN DMC:laugh:
    No Doubt (when it was actually No Doubt)
    Sublime
    Green Day (when they didnt suck)

and lately:

James Blunt
    Michael Buble
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see Hillsong in concert.

Me too, there's not a CD I don't like.

On the flip side of that, I really love Coldplay....would love to see them in concert
  • snow7kids
    Options

[/quote

:laugh: Since I see it's okay that we can admit these sort of things.....I saw Neil Diamond back in the 80's. My mom bought me the tickets and assured me they were good seats (I was a teen--double embarassing). When we showed the (elderly man) our tickets so he could point us to our seats, he said, "wow! who do you know?".....we didn't get his little joke until we found our seats....they were as high as you could go and against the wall/ceiling lol.]
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

[/quote

:laugh: Since I see it's okay that we can admit these sort of things.....I saw Neil Diamond back in the 80's. My mom bought me the tickets and assured me they were good seats (I was a teen--double embarassing). When we showed the (elderly man) our tickets so he could point us to our seats, he said, "wow! who do you know?".....we didn't get his little joke until we found our seats....they were as high as you could go and against the wall/ceiling lol.]

hehe Yeah, I kind of posted that sheepishly. I was surprised at how many young people were at that concert though. A couple days later I went to an autograph signing and there were people lined up clear outside the building, down the length of the building and around the back of the building. There were a lot of people that didn't get an autograph. :ohwell:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Speaking of concerts.....I'm going to see Stone Temple Pilots live on Wed!!!! :bigsmile: I never thought they'd get back together, yet alone a concert tour again. I am so stoked!!!

Hmmm, in the past I've seen so many different genres it's crazy! Back in the day NKOTB (I know, official dork now :laugh: ) Hootie and the Blowfish (admitted), Billy Joel and Elton John together - that was an awesome show! Prince - yeah baby! Kelly Clarkson - hey now, she can blow.

Lately though a change in taste - 3 Doors Down, Breaking Bejamin and Staind, Farm Aid tour featuring Dave Matthews, and Dave again a couple more times. Kenny Chesney at Country Thunder - um, free ticket from a friend, and d*mn it he's hot! 311, don't remember much......And many, many metal shows that I can't remember due to intoxication:wink: thanks to my brother, the drummer. :drinker:

I would LOVE to see Coldplay, Tool, Cold War Kids, Pearl Jam, NIN, Foo Fighters, Incubus........The list goes on:smile:
    And would've loved to see Sublime....RIP