rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My dad was huge and put me on a the Adkin's diet, by force, when I was 15. My mom found out and made him stop. (They were divorced I was visiting for the summer). My poor, goofy *kitten* dad was morbidly obese after having been skinny in his younger years. He was convinced puberty weight was "fat". I was 5'8" and a rangy, muscular 140 lbs. My sister also called my change in puberty "fat". She was obese too. My mom, a more normal weight, was irritated as hell at both of them. It was very strange.

Later, my jerk , now ex-husband, told me I was overweight. I wasn't . So he switched over to calling me "skinny fat". I wasn't. Our marriage was very brief. He was looking for an excuse to cheat. I told him off both times. He is now obese.

My current DH struggles a bit with his weight but is not obese and does't have serious food issues. He works out and looks good. He says I'm beautiful all the time. Surround yourself with nice people!

Moral of the story. Damn people like to put their own self-image issues off on others! It's scary when they do it with kids!
  • sparkly187
    sparkly187 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I recently had an incident in a busy supermarket the other day.
    There was 3 young girls (about 16/17) behind me following me around the shop repeating over and over "oi fatty fatty fatty fatty fatty and ohhhh should you really be putting that in your basket?"
    The looks of disgust they were getting as I walked through the store was phenominal because they would turn and say it to other people too.
    I ignored them until I got to the most crowed part of the shop and then I let rip.
    I wont tell you what I said because it was horrible and I felt a little ashamed, until shoppers starting applauding.
    The girls look horrified and ran off.

good for you, I wish I could respond back
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was called a cow, a gorilla...etc . I am fat but I don't think I am that big . I am 5'11 and 210 lbs I wear a loose size 12 pants. I am doing everything I can but the weight doesn't want to come off:(
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Someone "joked" about me being slim because i vomit all my food back up. First off, i don't. Second, why joke about bulimia or anorexia.

Someone made those jokes about me once. Little did they know they were true at the time :indifferent:
  • daniel_parrett
    daniel_parrett Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been fat for as long as I can remember- the worse thing was when kids in school used to call me "tits".

today, I am pushing 360. im a big guy, to say the least, but I get around just fine. I got a good job, loving family, and self confidence which goes for a lot.

nowadays, if somebody tells me I'm fat, I tell them they are very observant, then stare at them like they're stupid.

I used to build myself up in a rage thinking about all those things, and used self harm while in high school. it was hard to shrug it off sometimes...

at the end of the day, eff 'em. I don't remember allowing them an opinion on the matter. people like that only obsess over petty things anyways.

just remember everything you accomplish- don't let their taunts define you. no one knows what you go through and what you've overcome. keep at it. you only have to answer for yourself anyways, that's all that matters.

cheers~
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    In the lunch line in school when I was in 8th grade, a boy was telling me I was a fat cow. I told him to shut up or I would kick him in the face. He said "you're so fat you couldn't life your leg high enough to kick me in the..." before he could finish I had kicked him in the face....I kind of grazed his cheek. My intention was to swoosh my foot in front of his face not actually connect.....but I didn't gage the distance properly. He turned around in line and never said crap to me again....so lesson was learned. :laugh:
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I went to my doctor a few years ago to get a mole on my neck that just sprouted out of nowhere. He completely disregarded the whole reason i was in his office in the first place and started saying things like "you don't have a girlfriend do you? the womens like only the fit guys, not the fat mans" "if you stay fat you will never make intercourse, no way hahaha" it did seem unprofessional that he was talking to me like we were at a pub, but at the time i thought it wasn't going to bother me since he was a foreigner licensed to practice in America, but now that i think of it , it may have been the reason i went home and took an xacto knife to it myself and tend to avoid doctors at all costs unless its extremely necessary
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh and I must give special credit to someone on here who, in a discussion about body shape and muscle where I said that I had about 50lbs to lose but was already pretty muscular (due to my job) and doubted I would need much more muscle:

"50 lbs? how could you tell if you need more muscle or not? You can't see the ones you have."
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    All coming back now: when I was about 17 my boyfriend's father called me Mr Blobby (a UK TV character) in front of the boyfriend and his mother. The boyfriend (and the mother) did nothing, which is what hurt more.
    Finished cleansing now. Over and out. :ohwell:
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The rudest thing anyone ever said to me came from my aunt. It was about 5 weeks after the birth of my twins, I went to visit my sister and lots of family members were their, my sis, mum, nieces, 2 aunts and a couple of cousins. I walked into the room with a baby in each arm and a bag over my shoulder, my aunts immediately relieved me of the babies and then one of them said after looking me up and down "are you sure their isn't still one in their". I was so upset because they obviously expected me to have a perfect figure 5 weeks after twins who had a combined weight of 14lb 4. Now the same aunt tells me I am too skinny and need meat on my bones you can't win with some people.
  • arcana7609
    Options
    The rudest thing anyone ever said to me came from my aunt. It was about 5 weeks after the birth of my twins, I went to visit my sister and lots of family members were their, my sis, mum, nieces, 2 aunts and a couple of cousins. I walked into the room with a baby in each arm and a bag over my shoulder, my aunts immediately relieved me of the babies and then one of them said after looking me up and down "are you sure their isn't still one in their". I was so upset because they obviously expected me to have a perfect figure 5 weeks after twins who had a combined weight of 14lb 4. Now the same aunt tells me I am too skinny and need meat on my bones you can't win with some people.

Have you ever tried kicking her in the face? :laugh:
  • fallenluna
    fallenluna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Trying to remember, but i've never really had anybody actually tell me to my face, maybe for fear I would knock them out lol.

Years ago I was at the mall who is now an ex friend and we were waiting for her parents to come pick us up. As the time went by we noticed that her parents were no where to be found. We had actually exited the mall through the back. As we were waiting I thought maybe her parents were waiting for us in the front. So, i started making my way to the front to see if they were there. As i was walking this car was passing. I turned my head and quick glanced at the driver and kept walking. Out of no where him and his buddies just started yelling "EWWWW!" That pissed me off. I kept walking, didn't look at them and just threw up my middle finger.
  • 90to20
    90to20 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    As I was taking my shirt off to get into bed recently, my boyfriend says, "how much do you weigh.......???"

he also regularly grabs my love handles and back chub. not nice!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

Have you ever tried kicking her in the face? :laugh:
    [/quote

I try to distance myself from my mums family as their negative comments really get me down. Reading these comments makes me worry for my daughter she is almost 10 and at that stage in her development where she is filling out. Family members have commented she is getting chunky and I try to protect her from this. She is a dancer and has strong muscular legs. This week is dance show and she was trying on a costume the other day which needed alteration (I saw my husband looking at her abs and glared at him warning him not to say anything. Afterwards he expressed concern that she looks chunky in her costumes. I have forbidden him to discuss it with her I had/have BED and don't want her to be like me. In all honesty I don't how to play this she is very active but has gained a significant amount of weight recently, she is 26 lbs heavier than her twin brother. She is very active but her diet is terrible she refuses to eat veg, some fruit and has a very sweet tooth. Any advice.
  • arcana7609
    Options
    The best thing would be to focus on healthy eating choices and exercise and keep up the good work of not commenting on her body. Also, anyone who makes comments on her body I would take them to task for it.

I wish I had understood that healthy eating and exercise were important versus the number on a scale. Many times I would make these healthy lifestyle changes and go the gym, but little to no movement on the scale after months of effort would discourage me. If I had just kept going I wouldn't be the weight I am now. I probably would never be skinny, but I would be healthy which is more important.
  • AlexisSpiros
    AlexisSpiros Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Reading all of these posts made me remember one particular conversation that happened last year. Our neighbour had come to visit us and dad asked me to come over to the livingroom because we wanted to talk about some serious issues (I think it was something money-related). The conversation quickly changed because our neighbour was disinterested in helping me much. Even more quickly, the topic was weight. This guy is a lot bigger than me and barely bothers getting dressed (we often only see him walk about in his underwear - pretty gross, you should wear a bit more in public, right?).

So because he has been put on a diet by his doctor, I mentioned "Yeah, I'm currently trying to lose weight too."

I quote him: "Have you tried throwing up? I bet it would work well for you!"

1. You don't ever tell ANYONE to throw up to lose weight.
    2. You especially don't tell people with an ED to do that.

Needless to say, I was worked up by that for days and struggled to either eat anything at all or to keep myself from binging. What was even worse was that I could not just forget what he said and actually considered doing it, but I talked to my dad about it because I know he tries to support me.

Even remembering such incidents makes me anxious about eating anything at all and that's how I know I still don't have my eating habits under control. I wish there were more positive people around all of us, it would make weight loss and changing our lives a lot less stressful. So many of us are mentally beating themselves up for their weight already, no need to rub salt into that wound.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bumping for more stories
  • arcana7609
    Options
    When I was 12 years old my mom put me in a weight loss group called TOPS. My mentor advised me to get a picture of a pig and put my face on it and put that on the fridge. This picture would then remind me when going to the fridge that I was a big fat pig and this would dissuade me from stuffing my fat face.

Hate yourself thin was obviously a success!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 years old my mom put me in a weight loss group called TOPS. My mentor advised me to get a picture of a pig and put my face on it and put that on the fridge. This picture would then remind me when going to the fridge that I was a big fat pig and this would dissuade me from stuffing my fat face.

Hate yourself thin was obviously a success!

damn! :noway:
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The rudest thing anyone ever said to me was "I would date someone your size". I replied back to him.. I don't date ugly skinny guys. Maybe I was in the wrong too but it made me feel better.

Also, my daughters dad has called me every name under the sun. It doesn't hurt my feelings anymore but it did make me very angry when he took our daughter to the doctor and asked the doctor if she was overweight..in front of her. SHE IS 4. I had a nice long talk about that with him and how what he says can effect her for a long time. Lets just say he will never ever do that again.