Shorties (5'3 and under) where do you gain your weight?

Options
My weight is always predominantly in my tummy to the point where I look pregnant. Now, yes, I gain weight all over, but the bulk of it is belly. Is that a shorty thing? Or do you gain your weight elsewhere?

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I thought maybe it's an age thing, that I seem to gain in my tummy first. That, or the fact that I've given birth to 5 babies (including twins).

But yeah, it goes to the tummy, then the thighs and butt.
  • craftydoll
    craftydoll Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mine goes straight to my stomach. It even did that before I ever had any kids. *sigh*
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be all in my butt, however, this time I gained more in my belly......I attributed that to age/stress more than anything.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Mine's not necessarily related to height. I gain in my abdomen because I have insulin resistance. It looks like I have a beach ball in there.

Sadly, I am not losing in my abdomen first. I'm losing in my face and chest.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yeah... even after my first (where I was 105lbs afterwards) I had a tummy.... Doesn't seem fair...Waaaaaaa....

First I have to shop in the 3 stores that have "short" sizes... and then the tummy? Shakin my head..... :D
  • msthang444
    Options
    My husband would be ecstatic if I gained my weight in my butt LOL
  • dynellthomas12
    dynellthomas12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of my weight goes to my arms, boobs and belly...I'd be over the moon if I'd gain weight in my butt! I always say that I'd gladly give up a couple cup sizes to gain some hips and a butt, lol!
  • soupandlettuce
    soupandlettuce Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Straight to my belly

Eta: Oh, just read a previous post - yes! I think it is due to insulin resistance as well. I just found out I have prediabetic blood sugars :(
  • Tiffyanne082010
    Options
    BUTT. I'm Irish and Italian. 4'9" tiny waist and than WAM butt! Desperately trying to firm it up.
  • b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my stomach.....then my face(cheeks) then the lower body.....so i look like a pregnant chipmunk....with the chubby cheeks and big stomach
  • mackenzie0705
    Options
    All to my bum
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I've always gained it mostly in my tummy too unfortunately, but currently working on that!! But I have found that when I try and put the effort forth with doing lots of ab exercises, that's the first thing to change for the better too though!!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    5 feet tall and I gain in my butt, thighs, hips and arms.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with your body shape (I am an hourglass).

I have read things lik ethis: http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-loss/weight-loss-different-women-body-shapes

Since I am an hourglass, my midsection stays fairly small but I gain in my upper arms and my thighs/butt
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair over 5 feet tall. I gain it predominantly in my hips, butt, and thighs.

My mom, on the other hand, gains it in her tummy and boobs. She's a shorty too.

I think, just like tall gals, where you gain is more about genetics than anything (I just got mine from somewhere different than my mom, :laugh:)
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" and a classic apple shape. ALL my weight sits between my shoulders and my hips: I'm all boobs and belly! I have no butt and little stick legs. I'm happy to report that the weight's been coming off my belly first, but the boobs are about the same.
  • tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'2" and stomach. :(
  • msthang444
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I've always gained it mostly in my tummy too unfortunately, but currently working on that!! But I have found that when I try and put the effort forth with doing lots of ab exercises, that's the first thing to change for the better too though!!

What kinda abs do you do?
  • persistentp
    persistentp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'1 thighs hips butt and now my stomach????
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hips, thighs & butt!