TDEE.....,AGAIN

Options
13»

Replies

• djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to mix and match. I do use MFP to log my food, and using it helps me keep track of my calorie intake.

Your TDEE - 10% at 3-5 hours moderate exercise is 2168
    Your TDEE - 10% at 1-3 hours light exercise is 1923

You would eat that amount every day - do not eat more for exercise.

The amount MFP gives you to eat should be somewhere around 1500-1600 I would guess, then you would eat more for exercise which should bring you up to 1900+

Pick one of these methods or the other, don't mix and match methods.

Are you losing any inches? Since you are so close to your goal weight, you could be dropping fat without dropping weight. Water retention could be masking any weight loss. This is more important than the number on the scale.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    no, i'm not logging 1500 calories of exercise. I'm logging what I eat, which I've been trying to eat 1900 calories. so that when I exercise and burn around 400, that I still have 1500. I log that exercise as 400 calories. I will stick with TDEE I think. since MFP can be confusing, at least for me! I agree something isn't but I don't know what..........

Eat 1900 calories. When you log your exercise, put it in as "1 calorie". This way, you can keep track of the days you exercised but it doesn't throw the numbers off in your diary.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Eating 1900 calories a day regardless of exercise seems about right to me if you are working out regularly and burning 400 cal per workout.

If you were losing an appreciable amount of fat you would be losing inches from somewhere on your body. Of course if you are only measuring say your waist and you are losing the fat from your thighs you wouldn't notice.

Looks like you are measuring hips calves thighs waist and abdomen which is the spots you'd want to hit. So over what length of time have you not seen a decrease in inches?
  • 503pdx
    503pdx Posts: 31
    Options
    I have a desk job too but to help break up the 'sitting' I make a point to get out of my chair every 15 mins. I go into the copy room (no security cameras) and do squats in sets of 40-50. I track my trips up and down the two flights of stairs by my desk and set a goal of at least 10 times a day. I make it a game and every little movement counts! By the end of the day I've burned plenty of calories to help keep my metabolism going over just sitting at my desk all day.

Also, water, water, water! Sometimes when you try new things your body will hold onto extra water. It can take several weeks for your body to regulate and finally release some of that water weight. Especially if you've recently increased your exercise. I can go 2 weeks without seeing a dang thing happen and then seemingly overnight I lose 5lbs. It's not linear but the average over time. Patience is hard but stick to it, you know you are being good to your body! Drink lots and lots of water. The best way to flush water weight is by drinking water. High sodium can also make you retain water or your monthly cycle.

I know it can get frustrating but it sounds like you are on the right track. Ditch the scale all together for a few weeks and just keep at it. Also, get a food scale if you are unsure about how much you are eating. There are tons of hidden calories in things we underestimate.

Good luck!
  • djwife03
    Options
    I've been stuck at these measurements for a few months now. :( probably at least 3 months. like I said, i went back up a pants size. my legs are firmer, and my butt has lifted a little from running and squats, but if I'm toning, wouldn't I go down instead of up? i'm not trying to bulk up or anything. I've actually been working more on my arms of late. Push ups, elbow planks, triceps dips.....
    Eating 1900 calories a day regardless of exercise seems about right to me if you are working out regularly and burning 400 cal per workout.

If you were losing an appreciable amount of fat you would be losing inches from somewhere on your body. Of course if you are only measuring say your waist and you are losing the fat from your thighs you wouldn't notice.

Looks like you are measuring hips calves thighs waist and abdomen which is the spots you'd want to hit. So over what length of time have you not seen a decrease in inches?
  • djwife03
    Options
    thank you for your nice reply!
  • djwife03
    Options
    everyone!
    thank you for your nice reply!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Ditch the scale all together for a few weeks and just keep at it. Also, get a food scale if you are unsure about how much you are eating. There are tons of hidden calories in things we underestimate.

Good luck!

Agree with this. You are pretty close to goal weight so the scale shouldn't be the number one indicator of progress. And yes, please do use a scale if you do not already. You could be underestimating your food intake and wiping out any deficit just by inaccuracy.
  • djwife03
    Options
    10lbs has been my goal since i started my journey here. i've not lost that, plus gained some.

Ditch the scale all together for a few weeks and just keep at it. Also, get a food scale if you are unsure about how much you are eating. There are tons of hidden calories in things we underestimate.

Good luck!

Agree with this. You are pretty close to goal weight so the scale shouldn't be the number one indicator of progress. And yes, please do use a scale if you do not already. You could be underestimating your food intake and wiping out any deficit just by inaccuracy.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Yes, I know, but the last of the weight is always the hardest to get off. And if you change your goal to a body fat % goal instead of a weight goal, the scale will become less important. Nobody knows that number but you and the doctor's office. If you are in a healthy weight range, it doesn't matter.