T25...starting Monday, January 13th

Options
15678911»

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Completed dynamic core this morning. Halfway into the floor work I was thankful I didn't throw up in my own lap. LOL I only burned 194 calories today but it sure felt like I worked hard. I am looking forward to doing this one again, I can definitely see how this workout can build a strong core.
  • MadFrankie99
    MadFrankie99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh and while it's only a guide, it is a good guide to keep in your head...

It takes:

4 weeks for you to notice a change
    8 weeks for friends to notice
    12 weeks for everyone else to notice

Don't forget weight loss is a long term thing, unless you like surgery or amoebic dysentery!
  • anjuli360
    anjuli360 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Alpha is definitely the foundation as you get into Beta. You learn the moves and begin strengthening muscles as you go along, and I feel that after you've built that foundation with Alpha, you go into Beta stronger, more motivated, and will start seeing the results if you haven't already towards the end of Alpha. And remember with wanting weight loss results to be mindful of calorie intake... I know i got realllly hungry burning calories through Alpha and had to work hard to reign in the cravings and snacking. Good luck, I am starting Gamma next week!
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just want to add that since I switched to Arnold Schwarzenegger's encyclopedia new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding on Monday my scale has showed a 3 lb loss. I have no clue why but I'm going to take it!

(Maybe MadFrankie99 is right, my body is more receptive to weights)
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I just want to add that since I switched to Arnold Schwarzenegger's encyclopedia new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding on Monday my scale has showed a 3 lb loss. I have no clue why but I'm going to take it!

(Maybe MadFrankie99 is right, my body is more receptive to weights)

Wow that's great. I hope I have similiar results when I move onto nrolfw when I am done T25
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Completed upper focus and core cardio today. Loved upper focus, stuck with the 10lb weight. I think that was perfect weight for me. Burned 226 calories, core cardio burned 276 calories.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Had a great sweat going on and burned 244 calories on upper focus today.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Friday double workout day. This week had a great combination.

Beta ripped circuit 247 cal
    fat burn 1:12, fitness 27:30
    average heart rate 141, max 161

Beta speed 2.0 292 cal
    fat burn 00:25, fitness 27:28
    average heart rate 158, max 169
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not being back... I've joined a gym and started weight lifting, so Stronglifts and outdoor running are pretty much 99% of my workout time now. T25 was great for kicking me off the couch, I will probably pick it up again next winter or do some random workouts on rainy days but sticking to the program is not an option right now. Running and lifting is all I wanna do at the moment.

Even if I haven't completed it (I did 100% Alpha and two weeks of Beta on and off) I've seen great results. I haven't lost many lbs or inches during the first month because you can't outrun a bad diet in 25 minutes a day, but after a lazy year I have rebuilt a strong fitness foundation that helped me move on. I haven't weighed in since March 1st but I've lost inches and I feel way better.

Thanks everyone for the support! Keep focusing :)
  • LuvonLuv
    LuvonLuv Posts: 68
    Options
    I don't know why but seems to me that my body's a bit tired this week...I'm just not performing my workouts with the zeal I had before (and I'm not on my period). I've just lost zeal...I'm still doing the workouts, it just feels like a giant task this week. At this second-to-last week in Beta phase, I'm surprised to have lost my energy. I'm wondering if my body is calling for rest at this point. I was planning that after I finish Beta phase next week, to take a brief break and then redo Beta again. But the way I'm feeling this week...I'm wondering if I need to take a longer break than I'd plan.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    @ sbarella. Good luck with your new routine. I will be starting nrolfw after I am done T25, I will probably also incorporate treadmill and outdoor cycling. When I switched to just running, I noticed I kept cardio endurance but lost a lot of upper body strength. I can feel it coming back now.

@ LuvonLuv. Maybe you are not eating enough to fuel your workouts. (I don't look at anyones diary) Or perhaps more iron or even more fluids. I hope you get your pep back.

I just completed speed 2.0. It is my all time favorite workout out of all the T25 workouts. Today I burned 286 calories. I am pretty sure by the end of beta I will be ready for a change and hopefully will be looking at a lot nicer weather outside.
  • BlueGirlRose
    Options
    Next Monday is week three for me.(T25) However, I'll be on a cruise, so will be taking a week break. I'm loving it so far as it is easier to talk myself into 25 minutes away from my to do list or a good book. ;) I also love that he changes it up as I get bored easily doing the same daily workout routine! Good luck to all of you are starting!!! Just take it one 25 minute session at a time!!! Congrats to all who are further along in their workouts!!!!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Enjoy your cruise. When I took a week vacation I ended up taking an extra week before I got back to it. I had completed week 4 before I left, I picked back up at week 5 and been plugging away since. Just completed beta week 3.
  • LuvonLuv
    LuvonLuv Posts: 68
    Options
    @ LuvonLuv. Maybe you are not eating enough to fuel your workouts. (I don't look at anyones diary) Or perhaps more iron or even more fluids. I hope you get your pep back.

Hey thanks...I think it was all in my mind...I finished off Beta last week, and actually restarted the Beta cycle this week...lol. That was my intention...to redo Beta cause I love it. Congrats to everyone that completed Beta. I hope to brave into the next phase in the near future.

By the way, Speed 2.0 is my best workout also. It's the workout I do whenever I feel like doing extra...lol
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Congratulations on completing the program! Way to go! I have one more week. Today was double workout day, speed 2.0 followed by upper body focus. Loved it. I feel great. Redoing beta is such a great idea. I am getting so much more out of beta then I did alpha.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Focus T25 completed!!!!!! :smile: YAY!!!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Focus T25 completed!!!!!! :smile: YAY!!!
    Great job!!!! :drinker:
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2 and 3 done. Total Body Circuit is still super-hard for me since my upper strength is still pathetic, I even struggle with the downward dog. As a consequence, my arms are where I'm seeing the best results so far :)
    Lower focus is hard but OK, except for squat/lunge pulses... damn, they kill me every time!
    You're not the only one. I have good upper body strength, but I have trouble with the same exact workouts. I know this post is old, but I'm at week 4 and day 4 as well.
  • PSB1969
    PSB1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    My husband and I just finished T25 - lost 15 pounds. No significant inches though. Will try something else for a short time and try it again! I also am recording my food in myfitnesspal.com so keeping track of that and maintaining 1200 calories a day!