Dark Chocolate - mmmmmmmmm

An interesting blog from MDA on dark chocolate I though some of you dark choccy lovers would like.:smile:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-dark-side-of-dark-chocolate/#axzz2znNFbSIB

Replies

• I can and will eat a 75% cocoa bar especially lindt ... I melt it sprinkle in some cinnamon maybe add a tbsp of vanilla almo d milk dip a banana in it than freeze it .. .that is the stuff
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Have you tried 85% plus - Dominican republic sourced cocoa beans are really sweet (and at present are my go to choccy).
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    have i heard dark chocolate???????????? :love:

hmmm very good article... but now i am scared of mycotoxins and such! :frown:

I usually eat Green & Blacks 85% dark chocolate. I hope it is not too bad
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member

Seriously don't worry about it. As mentioned the levels do not exceed safe levels, not every one is sensitive to it and it's not in every piece.

I think the purpose of mentioning it in the article was to assure readers it was not an issue (should it be mentioned to them) than to scare monger.

Green and black 85% is great.
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member

Seriously don't worry about it. As mentioned the levels do not exceed safe levels, not every one is sensitive to it and it's not in every piece.

I think the purpose of mentioning it in the article was to assure readers it was not an issue (should it be mentioned to them) than to scare monger.

Green and black 85% is great.

haha! i tend to red a lot and freak out about what i read and so on.... but i keep my intake of dark choc :love:
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Dark chocolate= love
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Yay for dark chocolate! My favorite is the Ghiradelli 86% cacoa squares.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    I keep a 2.5kg bag of Lindt 70% in my pantry for cooking and the very occasional snack. Not a choc lover, but when I do, I go dark ;)